Bridesmaid to be

Hi im Rach

just wanted to post a quick hello and welcome myself to the site :)

a little background from me is that i am going to be cheif bridesmaid for my sisters wedding which is great the only problem is that both of the other bridesmaids are tiny size 8 at a push and they are only about 5'2 so at 5'7 and with 7+ stone to lose i dont feel my best standing next to them:cry:.

if anyone has any tricks and tip for me that would be great :)

Rach

not until may 2012 so i have a good amount of time to lose
but the first dress try on is in 19 weeks so i would like to have lost a good bit by then x

Hi Rach!

Don't worry, you still have plenty of time to lose weight.

If you have the money available to consult with a dietitian or a nutritionist, I highly recommend it. It is an excellent investment and you will learn exactly what to eat and how much to eat to lose weight. The dietitian will also take into consideration your specific needs and she will ensure that you lose the weight. She will also teach you how to keep your weight off.

If you don't have the money to see a dietitian (it's really worth every cent and I highly recommend it), here's what you can do (just some things that works for me):

* Cut out or limit your take-aways - try to avoid fast food shops
* Eat 6 times a day to help keep you full (just make your meals small and healthy)
* Don't cut out carbs, it is the energy for the body. Just stick to healthy carbs.
* Don't deny yourself sweets, you will only binge if you do that. Rather try and practice control and only have a few and not that often. Like instead of having a whole slab of chocolate rather have one or two blocks.
* Have a decent breakfast and use low fat cooking methods. Oats is one of the best breakfast cereals that will keep you the fullest.
* Ensure that you have whole-grains/Low GI carbs for lunch with lean protein and healthy fats. A whole-wheat tuna sandwich with reduced fat mayo, lettuce and tomato is a good choice.
* Have a small mid-morning and an afternoon snack to keep you full. Fruit, fat free yogurt, nuts, and a small whole-wheat or whole-grain carb snack.
* For dinner have a portion of lean protein (chicken, fish or lean red meat), a portion of healthy carbs (baby potatoes, sweet potatoes, brown rice, whole-wheat pasta or whole-wheat couscous), and lots of veggies or salad. A skinless grilled chicken breast with a boiled baby potatoes and a big salad is an excellent choice.
*Have a small snack after dinner. Like fruit or even lite hot-chocolate.

And try to not weigh or measure yourself that often. Do it only once a month. That way you won't be discouraged and you won't give up that easily. And if you fall of the wagon one (or more) day(s), don't stop, just continue with your good work.

You probable also know that you have to do some exercise to lose weight (weight training and cardio interval training is best). If you don't like exercise, there is a number of other fun things you can do to lose weight. And remember if you enjoy the activities, you will be more likely to stick to it and you will be sure to lose weight.

Fun activities that you can do includes:

* Walking your dog
* Hiking
* Belly or pole dancing classes
* Dance classes
* Play a sport like tennis, golf or a team sport
* or any other activity that you would like that will help you to lose weight.

I am also getting married and trying to lose weight for the wedding, which is only 5 months away. I'm on an eating plan that my dietitian gave me. And I've being exercising the whole year. And have recently changed my workout plan to do supersets. Hopefully it will speed up my weight loss.

Good luck, please let me know how you are doing. And if you have any more questions, I will gladly try to help you.

Hey! Welcome to this very addictive site! :D

I'm also going to be Matron of Honour for my best friend but her wedding is next year so I've not got so long as you. I'm not using it as an excuse to diet because I'm on a lifestyle change but I am using it as motivation! ;)

Good luck and if you need any help, advice or just somewhere to rant when having a bad day this is the site to be!

x

Suzie
thanks so much for all your great advice i'm sure it will be a big help
i have an appointment with my doctor next week so i am gonna ask if he can refer me to a dietitian on the nhs so i will let you know what he says finger crossed as i dont think i would have the money for one at the min .
Good luck for your wedding am sure you will get to the goal weight you want it sounds like you have a good system working for you

Rach

byebybelly thanks for the welcome :)
i just realized how close are goas are right down to the same number of pounds to lose
i think we should start a new thread for bridmaids or other people who are going to be in a wedding

rach x

My advice would be to do Lipotrim - it used to be a gp program and was for 13 years, and is now run bu pharmacys. It is really tough not eating but means that i am able to re-assess the the way I used to eat before.

Since the 1st Feburary I have lost over 82lbs which is 1lb away from loosing 6 stone. If you really want to do it and keep it off I would suggest Lipotrim as it makes you challenge your habits as you are on milkshakes. Of course you have hard days but you do on any diet.

My goal is to lose just over 7.5 stone to get to less than 10 stone. Some friends and family I have not seen for a while have been shocked and not recognised me it is an amazing feeling.

I wish you every success. You can do it...just take every day as it comes. The first week is the hardest and then your hunger goes.

Thanks Rach,

A dietitian is really worth it. Most of the times you only pay a lot for the first two consultations where she analyzes your needs and then set up your diet. After that the monthly visits are not that expensive.

But if you really don't have money at the time, just eat healthy and regularly and you will still lose weight. Just try to exercise regularly and you'll succeed.

Back