Bridezilla on Xenical!

sinnocence

Hi Folks,

Been lurking for a while but never got round to posting!

I've been on Xenical since 27th Jan 2010 and have lost over 2 stone. My insentive is my wedding, I get married 31st July and I am determined to get down to a reasonable weight so I dont look terrible in my dress!

Just wanted to say hello and pick at your obviously well trained minds for advice along the way if thats ok?!

I have been a bit up and down with the pills, driving myself up the wall looking at the fat content in everything but I think my big downfall is that i am very picky with my food, i struggle to find things i can eat and enjoy, i get sick of what i am eating very quickly, i need to find more variation.

I will have a good nosey thru the diaries for ideas but can anyone advise on meat? I know lean chicken etc is ok, but i cant find a solid answer on steak/pork etc, cn anyone advise?

Thanks

Sarah x

Last edited:
Good morning, Sarah and welcome. You have done really well so far, well done and keep it up, you'll be so glad you did come July. Ask away with any questions and there should be someone here who can give you an answer.
As for meat, it can be a bit trial and error but pork is fine, well trimmed, and steak has been fine for me, all fat removed, as is lean mince. As long as you remove as much fat as possible most meat should be ok unless it's a really fatty cut. Good luck!

KB x

Thanks for the reply, better to be safe than sorry!
nipping out to asda shortly so i'll try to be a bit more adventurous with my shopping list this week!
x

Hello and welcome :)

You have done so well already. What great motivation, a dream wedding dress :)

I am now on week 3 with xenical and am reading every label and being quite strict with myself. I am living on tuna, chicken, salad, fruits, veg etc at the moment, so can't help with the red meat question, but I am sure someone will tell you everything you need to know.

This is a great site, and it is truly keeping me on the straight and narrow :D

Look forward to chatting with you.

it really is quite some dress! wanna see?! http://www.venusbridal.com/detail.php?did=598
hopefully that works!

they can take it in up to 5 sizes, down at least 2 already but fittings start next month eep!

i dont think i could ever eat chicken again, ive had so much of it over the last few months i am sick of the sight of it...... altho tuna never crossed my mind for some reason, must get some! thanks for that!

i should have posted when i started as its a great diary tool to remind myself but ah well.... from now on!

Hi Sarah, I just wanted to say welcome and well done on your weight-loss so far! It looks like you're doing really well :)
As far as meat is concerned, I echo KB's comment really, it's all about trial and error. I eat steak, pork chops, chicken and tuna relatively regularly without any side effects, but I think I have a cast-iron stomach because hardly anything affects me!!! The main thing to remember is that the leaner your meat is, the less likely you are to experience side-effects. Make sure you cut off all visible fat, and don't use oil for cooking.
The only meat I've really had any side effects with is minced beef (especially the cheapo packs), this gives me a tiny spot of bother, but nothing too horrendous. Best to buy lean or extra lean if you can find it.
Other than that, have you tried Quorn? It's really not that different to the real thing when you're cooking things like chilli and spaghetti bolognese, as the quorn just takes on the taste of the sauce.
I had pasta with chopped quorn sausages & vegetables in a tomato sauce tonight, and it was really quite nice :)

Love the dress, just the kind of style I would go for. Notice you are from Glasgow (my home town) I live in ayrshire now. Are you getting married in Glasgow?
maybe I'll renew my vows when I am super slim ;)

I have also tried quorn in the past, and found it tasty..give it a go :)

hello & welcome Sarah :)

I don't really have any problems with other meat, but that's probably because I always eat it lean.

I agree with alex, I am likely to have some side effects after mince although I normally have it in either a chilli or bolognese with some slices of garlic bread :p

saying that you can get lean mince. So free yourself of the chicken!! :)

thanks for all the replies, i have been eating quorn, well, the linda mccartney burgers, they seem lower in fat than the others.
had steak for the first time since january yesterday and it was fab! the george foreman is my new best friend!

i actually moved to glasgow from fife, wedding as in fife, decided t let his family trek rather than mine!

looking forward to getting to know you all!

im having a ww ham and pinapple single pizza!

never thought id get so excited about a pizza!

this is how i make my 'burgers'
1 grilled linda mccartney burger
1 warburtons muffin (less fat than a roll)
lettuce
red onion
extra light mayo
tomato relish

all v low fat! but doubles as a treat, and if im honest id rather that to a maccy d's now!

OOh that sounds nice! :)

Back