Bruising

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Musical Missy, 19 August 2007 Social URL.

1. Musical Missy

Musical Missy Full Member

Has anyone noticed that they're bruising more easily? I have the most horrendous bruise on my stomach and I have absolutely no recollection of injuring myself in any way - and believe me I've spent all day today going over everything I've done this week!
    The bruise is at least 2 inches across and probably 2 inches long as well and its a deep deep red colour surrounded by black and yellow. It really is nasty looking (I have never had a bruise like it!) and when I showed my family they all gasped when they saw it so I know its not just me being overdramatic like I usually am!
    Of course it could be completely unconnected to LL but it does seem unlikely. I've got my group tomorrow evening so I'll ask my LLC about it but when I asked about my sore gums and throat (which incidentally still are) she didn't really seem to know much about any possible side-effects.
    Is there an LL medical department I can contact or does my LLC have to do it herself?
    Has anyone else got any unexplained bruises/injuries?

MM x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(9.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Here is the link to this thread where I found the post!

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/4343-bruising.html

Hope this helps:confused:

4. Helen

Helen Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st7.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Exante
    I had a massive bruise on my stomach a couple of weeks after starting LL, couldn't think what it was and everyone I showed it to was horrified (didn't show it to many thought they would be more horrified by my stomach than the bruise!). After about a week I realised it was from when I had been horseriding and my stomach had been hitting the front of the saddle. Not suggesting that you have been horseriding and forgotten:) but it could be from something that you didn't even give a thought to at the time like squeezing through a tight space which always seems to bruise me. Keep an eye on whether it happens again though just to be on safe side!

5. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    Yep - I bruise like a peach on this diet - sometimes at the slightest provocation!

6. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

Yes, I noticed another one at the top of my leg the other day on the front of my thigh, have no recollection of even knocking it.

7. chinchilla

chinchilla Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I'm covered in bruises!

8. Lottyfern

Lottyfern Full Member

Diet:
    Lighterlife now CD
    DITO bruises appear and don't know how Ive done them. (just found another one):confused:

9. Ameythist

Ameythist Full Member

Hi My LLC has a folder with an index of all side effects - I look in it nearly every week ranging from hair loss, lack of nail growth, bruising and little lumps under my skin. The book is quite informative and credit where due if it is not in the book she finds out for me.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.