Step 1 Sole Source + Bryony O'B's motivational issues

BryonyO'B

So I decided to take this quite drastic step of starting the Cambridge diet because I was fed up of trying diets but not getting anywhere. My problem has always been motivation. I enjoy exercise, but can't be bothered to get off my fat arse and actually do any. The Wii fit plus worked for a while and I lost enough weight to get into my wedding dress last year, just - I had bought it off eBay as a size 16, 2weeks after fitting into a size 20 in the shop. Though that was nothing about losing weight and more about not wanting to spend £1000 on a dress, so I got it in the only size I could find. But after the wedding, I relaxed back into my old habits - big portion sizes and lots of snacks at work (someone has a birthday almost every day it seems!). And as I am planning on having kids in the next year or so, I want to fit and healthy to run around after them, live a long time and pass on good habits to them. So voila the Cambridge diet...

starting weight: 15st 1.5lbs
goal weight:10st 7lbs

Hi Bryony

Can appreciate your situation - I'm in a similar place, except I'm here to lose for my wedding and beyond! I guess for me, I don't see it as such a drastic step, it's something I have been considering for about 6 months but only now (just after my 30th birthday) did I feel ready to commit to it and go for it al guns blazing....

I think you have to think of it as a choice rather than something drastic you're doing as a one-off. I liked this diet because of the steps, hopefully allowing me to reintroduce food gently and manage/maintain any weight I do lose. I previously did Lipotrim (as well as having done Atkins, WW, Slimming World, Rosemary Connelly, Slimfast etc) but found that I saw them all as drastic, short-term fixes and put any weight lost back on within about 4 weeks of finishing (plus some...)

Anyway we have a similar goal weight - i'm on day 3 so far and feel like it's going quite well all things considered...

Good luck on your journey and try to keep your goal as your main focus

Thanks, I really appreciate the support. I'm actually really happy now. I had a bad couple of weeks involving pizza and pickamix, but just got weighed and have lost 4.25lbs in 2 weeks. So pleased with that. Over halfway to first goal, and over a third of the way to my final goal. In 8 weeks!

I was doing so well yesterday, making up for the excessive cake consumption on Friday. Then instead of throwing out half a loaf of bread, I decided to eat it all, smothered in honey... I don't understand my brain!

Had a good day yesterday, just a soup, a bar and some chicken and veg from the ss+ list. But today my company is rebranding and there are a shed load of free, gooey pastries... 2 already and I don't think I can hold out the rest of the day without them.

I got married this year too and have also relaxes into married life!! Want to think about kids in the next year but want to lose weight as opposed to piling more on!! Meeting consultant tomorrow so hoping to start in the next week? Best wishes x

Good luck! It is hard the first few days especially, but just keep going and you will feel amazing so quickly. I think the hardest point is after a month or two where you are really starting to miss your life and food, and although the weight loss is amazing, you start thinking you can cheat and lose weight, or even go it on your own! That's where I am now. Trying to get back on the wagon...

Well, gained 0.75lbs this week. Not a surprise but still annoying. But got 2 weeks til I next see my consultant, so going to be really good and try to see if I can get close to getting in the 12s! I've been good since Thursday morning, few minor slip ups, but generally good. Only 11 more days to go...

Gained a pound over 2 weeks, quite annoyed about that, but shouldn't be surprised as 2 days before I had a battered sausage and chips from the takeaway. I didn't even get the small chips...
This will be a very bad week though, its my husband and my 1st anniversary and we are going away to Devon for 4 days. There will be several meals out, and I refuse to feel guilty about it!
Really worried that I am now almost completely off the diet. Want to lose another 2 stone, then I'll be happy...

Back