buffet food

SLACK ALICE

Silver Member
  1. sausage rolls- made by wrapping brown bread (no crusts) around quorn sausages...nice
  2. Crisps-thinly slicing tates ,putting them flat on micro plate and microwaving for about 6/8 mins season with anything you like
  3. tortilla chips- par boil pasta sheets then put em in oven til nice and crispy serve with salsa dip (sw of course)
  4. filled tomatoes- scoop inside tomatoe out and fill with savoury rice
this is all i can remember at the minute !

Quiche

Prepare whatever Superfree veggies take your fancy… we’ve used peppers, onions, courgettes, baby sweetcorn, asparagus, mushrooms and tomatoes. You can dry-fry them until soft or leave them raw for extra crunch.
Mix together the 3 eggs, 150g very low fat natural cottage cheese and some chopped parsley. Lay the chopped vegetables out in an oven-proof flan dish then pour the cottage cheese mix over. Pop in the oven at 190ºC/375ºF/Gas 5 for around 30 minutes, or until the quiche is set and golden brown.
Serve the quiche in wedges with Free chips on a Green day, or piles of salad - ideal for lunchboxes!

picture_quiche_pic3.jpg

Creamy cheese and garlic mushrooms

2 large flat mushrooms
½ small onion
1 clove of garlic
Fry Light
3 Ryvita Multigrain
3 Dairylea Light Triangles
2 tbsp quark skimmed milk soft cheese

Heat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas 7. Remove the stalks from the mushrooms and finely chop them (leaving the remainder of the mushrooms intact). Finely chop the onion, crush the garlic then add them all to a saucepan lightly sprayed with Fry Light and soften gently for a few minutes. Then remove the saucepan from the heat.
2. Finely crush the Ryvita and add to the cooked vegetables in the saucepan, along with the cheese triangles and quark and mix thoroughly.
3. Spray the mushrooms with Fry Light and divide the mixture between the mushrooms.
4. Place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes, or until the mushrooms are cooked through.

Onion Bhaji

200g/7oz onions, peeled, halvedand thinly sliced
50g/2oz gram flour (available from Asian greengrocers)
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
1 tsp de-seeded and chopped fresh green chilli
1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
¼ tsp baking powder
salt
Fry Light

Place the onions, gram flour, lemon juice, cumin, coriander seeds, green chilli, chopped coriander and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and add a few tablespoons of water to form a thick batter that coats the onion. Leave to rest for 15 minutes and then, using your fingers, mix again to combine thoroughly.
Preheat the oven to 220°C/Gas7. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and using your fingers or a dessert spoon, drop small mounds of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet to give you 12 bhajis.
Spray with Fry Light and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and serve immediately sprinkled with the paprika.

small-onion-bhajis.jpg

Roasted Aubergine Dip

1 large aubergine
2 heaped tbsp Quark skimmed milk soft cheese
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
Fresh coriander to garnish

Preheat the oven to 220°C/Gas 7. Cut the top stalk off the aubergine and then slice it in half lengthways.
Place skin side down on a baking tray and bake for 30-40 minutes until soft, then leave to cool.
Once cool, scoop out the flesh and blitz in a blender until smooth, add the spices and quark and blend until well mixed, enjoy!

Cajun Breaded Mushrooms

2 slices of wholemeal bread from a small 400g loaf
Cajun seasoning
Fry Light
200g mushrooms, left whole and wiped clean
2 eggs, beaten

Make breadcrumbs from the bread using a food processor, or hand blender.
Once blended, add approximately 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning to the breadcrumbs
Spray a non-stick baking tray with Fry Light, dip the mushrooms into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs, ensuring they are fully coated and place them on to the baking tray.
Bake in a hot oven until crisp and golden, and serve with a tasty dip (see recipes below!)

Mayo Dip

Make a Free mayo dip by mixing very low fat fromage frais, 2 tbsp white wine vinegar and 2 tsp granulated artificial sweetener. Blend 1 tsp mustard powder with 1 tsp water and stir into the dressing.

Beetroot Dip

8oz ready-cooked beetroot
1-2 cloves garlic crushed,
Salt & pepper
Chilli flakes or fresh, to taste
Very low fat natural yogurt

Blend the beetroot, leaving it a little chunky, add the garlic, salt, pepper and chilli flakes and mix together well.
Add some yogurt to make a nice dip consistency and chill before serving. Enjoy with loads of salad or vegetable crudités.

Houmous Dip

1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
Fry Light
400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
20-50ml water
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp lemon juice
Salt to taste

Place the sliced red pepper on a baking tray sprayed with Fry Light and roast until softened.
Once the pepper is cooked and cooled, place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend, adding more water if necessary to create a smooth paste.
Add salt to taste and serve with chopped up carrot batons or any of your favourite Free vegetable sticks!

Jewelled Fruit Trifle

7 sponge fingers
2 tbsp sweet sherry
2 tbsp apple juice
1 pack strawberry sugar-free jelly
283g/10oz mixed fruit (such as cherries, blueberries and pomegranate seeds)
255g/9oz quark skimmed milk soft cheese
142g/5oz canned low-fat custard
1 vanilla pod

. Arrange the sponge fingers in the bottom of a trifle bowl. Mix together the sherry and apple juice and drizzle over. Set aside to soak for about 10-15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the jelly according to packet instructions. Allow to cool slightly before pouring over the sponge fingers. Scatter over half the mixed fruit and chill overnight, or until set
3. Mix the quark with the low-fat custard. Split the vanilla pod in half lengthways and stir in the seeds. Pour this over the jelly and chill for a further 20 minutes before serving topped with the remaining fruit.

1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
Fry Light
400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
20-50ml water
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp lemon juice
Salt to taste

Place the sliced red pepper on a baking tray sprayed with Fry Light and roast until softened.
Once the pepper is cooked and cooled, place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend, adding more water if necessary to create a smooth paste.
Add salt to taste and serve with chopped up carrot batons or any of your favourite Free vegetable sticks!

Do you think it would work without the red pepper?

Heres a lovely one that i made for SW class taster. xxx

Mini ham quiches.
Makes 9
9 slices of ham (i used smoked)
3 eggs
250g cottage cheese
Cherry tomatoes
Black pepper
Fry Light
Method:
Preheat the oven to 150c degrees.
Spray a yorkshire pudding tin or muffin tin with fry light, and push a slice of ham into each section.
Mix remaining ingredients (except toms) together. Pour this mix onto ham, slice each cherry tomato in half, and put half on the top of each quiche. Bake in the oven for about 15 mins, checking they dont burn, the top corners of the ham will burn a little but they can be snipped of before serving to give a better look.

Last edited:
Post copied here for mechmanuk!

Hope this helps

If you’re throwing a party, the world’s your oyster when it comes to the spread. There’s no limit to what you can make with loads of Free Food, a few Healthy Extras and the odd Syn here and there. What’s more, if you’re worried about serving ‘diet food’ to your guests – don’t be! Because Food Optimising uses basic, everyday foods, no-one will be any-the-wiser (I bet you won’t be able to keep it a secret though!)

A buffet blow-out -

2 mini pork pies (20 Syns)

1 medium sausage roll (11½ Syns)

57g/2oz quiche (10 Syns)

1 filled mini vol au vent (3 Syns)

1 vegetable samosa (8 Syns)

2 level tbsp sour cream dip and
4 ritz crackers (9 Syns)

1 mince pie (11 Syns)

113g sherry trifle (10½ Syns)

2 small glasses of red wine (10 Syns)

A whopping 93 Syns on Original!

lots of thickly sliced lean ham/beef/chicken/salmon
(Free on Original)

unlimited Quorn sausages on sticks and chicken drumsticks (skin removed) (Free on Original)

Slimming World Free quiche

Cheese and garlic stuffed mushrooms (Free)

Slimming World onion bhaji
(1 Syn on Green and Original)

heaps of party dip and crudités (Free)

1 mince tart* (3½ Syns)

Slimming World jewelled fruit trifle
(2 Syns)

2 glasses of Festive Fruit Punch*
(3 Syns)

A heavenly 9½ Syns on Original

Ha Ha very funny :8855::8855:

Ive been out shopping & didnt read thru the threads properly & seen youde listed them seperately, that'll teach me for skipping through lol nice one, Merry Xmas.

Sorry mechman I thought you were being serious! I honestly wasnt taking the mickey!!:D Thought you wanted them here so we could remember what we were talking about! :p

just wondering is filo pasty the lowest pasty how many slices per sheet reason i'm wondering is if i could make healthier sauage rollas with it. my dd doesn't like bread ones

Sorry mechman I thought you were being serious! I honestly wasnt taking the mickey!!:D Thought you wanted them here so we could remember what we were talking about! :p

shucks it ok angel, no offence taken :)

just wondering is filo pasty the lowest pasty how many slices per sheet reason i'm wondering is if i could make healthier sauage rollas with it. my dd doesn't like bread ones

Jus-Rol Filo Pastry Sheets, 270g pack, frozen 45g sheet

red.gif
Original 5½ Syns
green.gif
Green 5½ Syns

I think you could make about 5 out of 1 sheet so makes them about a syn per sausage roll!

I make a kind of mayo type dip, using quark or fat free natural yoghurt, then just season it and mix some vanilla muller yoghurt to take away the sourness of it..... can add chili/herbs/garlic or whatever, ideal with a huge pile of fresh veg as a syn free snack.... i also use the same to make coleslaw, in jacket potatoes etc.... good luck all . ps im new here joined ages ago but never got round to it til now! xx

Back