Filling Dinners?

SAM90

Hiya, I'm always looking for different ideas for dinners 'cause every time I go on a diet I end up quitting because after a while I get fed up eating the same dinners week in, week out. Thing is, I only know so many that I can have so I was hoping we could share nice, filling evening meal recipes here.
Here are some I've cooked so far. Please feel free to correct any points or anything, I'm still really new to weightwatchers! xxx

N.B. I use a lot of chicken which can be expensive so instead of buying fresh chicken I usually use the frozen stuff from Iceland. It comes already in pieces so I find it much easier and quicker to use, plus it's cheaper. I defrost it and it's 120g = 4pp, I just thought I'd put the raw chicken weights/pp values in these recipes at that's what most people will be using.

1.Diet Coke Chicken
2.Spaghetti and Meatballs
3.Stewed Sausages and Mash
4.Creamy Chicken Pasta
5.Chicken Fajitas
6.Tuna, Cheese and Onion Melts
7. Chicken Bhuna
8. Chicken and Sweetcorn Pizza

1.Diet Coke Chicken (LOVE this) (5pp or 11pp with rice)

165g chicken breast, raw cut into bite sized pieces(4pp)
1 medium onion, sliced
1 chicken stock cube (1pp)
3tbsp passata
Lea & Perrins (or any Worcester Sauce), a good dash!
Low fat cooking spray
1/2 can of diet coke

Spray a frying pan with low fat cooking spray and add the chicken and onions, fry until chicken is browned and onions are softened. Crumble over the stock cube and fry for a further minute. Mix together the passata, diet coke and Worcester sauce and add to the pan. Bring to the boil and then simmer until the liquid is almost gone and the chicken is coated in a sticky sauce.

I serve this on a bed of 150g boiled rice (6pp).

2.Spaghetti and Meatballs (14pp)

Meatballs
Beef mince, 140g raw (8pp)
1/2 red onion, very finely chopped
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp mixed herbs
1/2 beef stock cube (1pp, other half used later)
2 light cheese triangles (1pp)

Sauce
1 red onion, sliced
250g passata
1 tbsp garlic
1 tbsp mixed herbs
1/2 beef stock cube
Low fat cooking spray

150g cooked spaghetti (4pp)

In a large bowl, combine all of the meatball ingredients and mix with hands until it's all combined. Shape into small balls and put in the fridge.
Spray a frying pan with low fat cooking spray and fry the onions with the garlic. When softened, add the passata, stock cube and mixed herbs and bring to the boil. Transfer the sauce into a casserole dish and cook at gas mark 6 for 20 minutes. After the 20 minutes, take out the sauce and add the meatballs ensuring every meatball is coated in sauce. Return to the oven and cook for another 20 minutes. Add the spaghetti to the dish, mix and serve.

I know this takes quite a lot of effort but it's soo worth it, I love this sauce!

3.Stewed Sausages & Mash (11pp)

1 onion, sliced
1 small carrot, sliced
3 WW Sausages (3pp)
4 tsp gravy granules (2pp)
Beef Stock Cube (1pp)
150g Potatoes, boiled (3pp)
4tsp half fat butter (2pp)
Low fat cooking spray

Spray a frying pan with the low fat cooking spray and add the onions and carrots. When the onions are browned, add the sausages and brown. Crumble over the stock cube and fry for a few minutes. Transfer to a casserole dish. Add water to the gravy granules and make up to a thickness of your liking. Pour the gravy over the sausages and cook in the oven at gas mark 6 for 20 minutes. Mash the potatoes and add the butter. Serve with veggies of your choice! (I like cabbage with this)

4.Creamy Chicken Pasta (14pp)

165g chicken, raw cut into bite sized pieces (4pp)
Mushrooms, thinly sliced
60g dried pasta (6pp)
60g Philadelphia Light Garlic and Herb (4pp)
Low fat cooking spray

Put pasta on to boil. Spray a frying pan with low fat cooking spray and add the chicken and fry until browned. Add the mushrooms and fry until chicken is cooked through. Add the philadelphia and 60ml of the pasta water just as the pasta is ready and mix with the chicken. Add the pasta to the pan and mix. If the sauce seems too watery, put the heat up and boil until it thickens.

5. Chicken Fajitas (11pp)

I usually have the seasoning and salsa made in advance so that I can just make the fajitas quickly and when I feel like them.

Salsa
1/2 tin chopped tomatoes
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 red pepper, diced
1/2 green pepper, diced
Pinch of salt and pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
Pinch chilli powder
Low fat cooking spray

To make salsa: In a pot, sautee the onions and peppers in some low fat cooking spray. Add the chopped tomatoes and all other ingredients and simmer for 10-15 minutes until veg is soft. Take off the heat and blend, leaving it still thick and a tiny bit chunky. Put in the fridge to cool.

Spice Mix/Seasoning
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp sweetner
1/2 crushed chicken stock cube
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp cumin

Mix all ingredients in a bowl or tub and cover with clingfilm until ready to use.

2 medium tortilla wraps (6pp)
1/2 of a red pepper, sliced into long strips
1/2 of a green pepper, sliced into long strips
Red onions, sliced
165g raw chicken, cut into strips (4pp)
Low fat cooking spray
1 WW or reduced fat cheese slice (wrapped) (1pp)

Spray a frying pan with low fat cooking spray and add the chicken. When the chicken is browned, add the vegetables and stir fry. Add the seasoning and ensure everything is coated in it, keep stir frying until the vegetables and chicken is cooked through. Warm the tortillas in the microwave(30 seconds usually does). Rip the cheese slice in half and put half on each tortilla, top with the chicken and vegetables then the salsa and wrap.

6. Tuna, Cheese and Onion Melts (7pp)

1 Warburtons Square(ish) Wrap (4pp)
3 tbsp extra light mayo (1pp)
1/4 of an onion, finely chopped
20g WW grated cheese (1pp)
56g tuna(in brine), drained (1pp)
Pinch of salt and pepper

In a bowl, mix the tuna, mayo, onion, cheese, salt and pepper. Lie the wrap horizontally and place the mixture onto the right hand side of it, leaving a centimetre free at the edges. Fold the wrap over, pressing it down at the edges. Cook in the oven at gas mark 6 for 20 minutes, turning halfway through. Cut in half so you have two square melts.
I usually serve these with a big side salad.

7. Chicken Bhuna (5pp or 11pp with rice)

165g chicken, raw, cut into bite sized pieces (4pp)
1/2 onion, finely sliced
1/2 tsp garlic puree
1 tsp mild curry powder
1/2 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tsp tomato puree
50ml vegetable stock (1pp)
1/2 tsp sweetner
Low fat cooking spray

Spray a frying pan with low fat cooking spray and add the onions and garlic. Fry until browned and add the chicken. Fry for another five minutes, add the curry powder and fry for a further two minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, vegetable stock and sweetner, bring to the boil and gently simmer for 10-15 minutes and ensure chicken is cooked through.

I serve this with 150g boiled rice (6pp) and sometimes a mini nan bread (3pp)

8. Chicken and Sweetcorn Pizza (11pp)

1 Warburtons Square(ish) Wrap (4pp)
3 tbsp passata
Mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/4 of an onion, chopped
60g cooked chicken, ripped into small pieces (2pp)
2 tbsp sweetcorn (2pp)
60g WW cheese, grated (3pp)

Spread the passata over the wrap and top with the chicken, onions, mushrooms, sweetcorn and finally the cheese. Cook in the oven at gas mark 6 for 20 minutes, until cheese is golden brown.

Last edited:
Wow, just eaten the meatballs n spaghetti it was delish! I added 100ml red wine to the sauced or two extra pp and the portion size was quite large!! x

Yum. Been looking for recipes fr when I start. Jutst had a baby and waiting for my 6 week check so I can diet!

Thank u so mucho
. X

OOOOOH, they sound FAB!! I think I will do the diet coke Chicken one and not tell hubby what he is eating! He is funny like that, if he thinks something is a bit different, he makes his mind up before he tries it!! best way to be a bit covert I find!!
thanks ever so much for taking the time to write them all out.. I have a recipe for a chicken curry/chicken kebabs, but it sounds a bit boring after your offerings!!
Thanks again
x

:D

Thanks for these, am just starting WW properly and really clueless when it comes to cooking, these are a godsend x

These are fab ideas, I'm going to have a go at a few of these.
I haven't had meatballs for AGES!! Looking forward to it, thank you x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thanks for the recipes, I made the chicken buna today 'twas yummy! Think I may add another spoon of curry next time to make it alot more spicey :)

Great recipes - Thanks hun :D Tink i'm goin 2 try the diet coke chicken tonight - like AnyAn won't tell my BF whats in it till he's finsihed eating it :) xx

Back