burgen bread

No, only wholemeal bread is a HEX. Not granary, not malted, not seeded, not white. Only wholemeal. 57g wholemeal = 1 HEXB.

I have two slices of burgen bread with sainsburys olive light spread every morning for breakfast and I allow 6 syn but at least it tasts nice and when toasted it doesn't shatter when you try to spread it!
It also has a proper taste, not dried cardboard........

Thing is your bread and spread probably come in at about double the 6 syns you are allowing for them as bread is usually around 5 syns a slice.

Just looked up the calories inburgen Bread and it's 99 per slice, so dead on 5syns for ONE slice.

Just checked online - in the Healthy Extra bit and 2 slices of white, malted and wholemeal nimble are B choices.

Just checked online - in the Healthy Extra bit and 2 slices of white, malted and wholemeal nimble are B choices.

Glad someone else agreed , I have been having the malted one this week and was counting it as hex . was starting to think I had done it all wrong.

It's definately there!

Is the malted nimble nice? Does it crumble to dust when toasted?

I think you'll find that is for 2 slices. You get 2 slices for your HEB and there's no way that would be case if they were 6½ syns per slice.

You have got to be soooooo carfull when it comes to bread and really read your book!

57g of wholemeal bread is one HEXB (unless otherwise specifically listed). You get two slices of nimble for one HEXB as its a very small loaf of 400g and fairly thin sliced.
I've not checked the WW thick sliced wholemeal, but if it's a 800g loaf and thick slices - it's quite probable its 6 and 1/2 syns per slice

Take care all!!

I hate to argue with you Erm as you are the fountain of SW knowledge :worthy:

But I thought that 2 slices of hovis nimble bread ANY variety was a HEXB... I stand to be corrected if this has changed :confused:

Yes, because hovis nimble is a listed brand. If it is *not* a listed brand then it is 57g of wholemeal. Not granary, not white, not anything else.

But that wasn't what the OP asked, they said was Burgen a HEX - as it is not listed and is not wholemeal then no, it isnt.

It's definately there!

Is the malted nimble nice? Does it crumble to dust when toasted?

No not at all, have to be careful not to burn it, had a lovely toasted quorn sausage sandwich with home made chilli onion jam for breakfast, boy it was good, sometimes you just need toast to hit the right spot.

Back