Busybusy's 4 week challenge

I say give it a go - for a week - and see how you get on.

It sounds like Atkins Bootcamp, but I think Val may have tried it?

Also hun don't forget you're exercising more than before, so maybe you're building up muscle which is why you're not showing any losses?

Sxx

Honestly suse, I've tried tweaking this every which way; less carbs, more fat,ore carbs less exercise and so on.

I think I'm gonna go round to Vals and see if she's got any thoughts on it.

Quick update

I'm doing a meat and egg fast for a few days to see if I can break my stall. Menu today was;

B 1bp 3 half boiled eggs
L 4 curried eggs (basically scrambled in a pan with added spices)
D 200kg salmon fillet cooked in olive oil

Drank 3l of water!!!! Planning on another L before bed.

Quick update

I'm doing a meat and egg fast for a few days to see if I can break my stall. Menu today was;

B 1bp 3 half boiled eggs
L 4 curried eggs (basically scrambled in a pan with added spices)
D 200kg salmon fillet cooked in olive oil

Drank 3l of water!!!! Planning on another L before bed.

Wow! That's a LOT of salmon ;-) x

Hi been reading your post about stalling and thinking about carb cycling When I was on hols I downloaded every freebie to my kindle that I could find about low carbing. From various books I discovered:

1 Try reducing protein to 80 grms per day and increasing fat

2 We need leptin to successfully loose weight, leptin can only be produced when there is sufficient carbs in our body, so increase carbs to approx 100 grs one day a week.

3 when protein and fat are eaten together, the body burns the fat and protein is just waste.
When protein and carbs are eaten together, carbs are used and protein is just waste.
But when fat and carbs are eaten together, the body uses the carbs and stores the fat.
Therefore if you are eating carbs you should eat as little fat as possible.

My thoughts are this is why food combining works, also if you are thinking about carb cycling, why not do a dukan day once a week....it is medium carb (only the healthy kind) and low fat.

Good luck with the atkins "bootcamp"

Hi been reading your post about stalling and thinking about carb cycling When I was on hols I downloaded every freebie to my kindle that I could find about low carbing. From various books I discovered:

2 We need leptin to successfully loose weight, leptin can only be produced when there is sufficient carbs in our body, so increase carbs to approx 100 grs one day a week.

3 when protein and fat are eaten together, the body burns the fat and protein is just waste.
When protein and carbs are eaten together, carbs are used and protein is just waste.
But when fat and carbs are eaten together, the body uses the carbs and stores the fat.

My thoughts are this is why food combining works, also if you are thinking about carb cycling, why not do a dukan day once a week....it is medium carb (only the healthy kind) and low fat.

Awe thanks so much for your insight sammy, I was reading around and found I could either carb cycle or egg fast. Went for the egg option as I'm soooo afraid of going put if K and gaining. Really haven't a clue if I'm doing egg fast correctly so any comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks Hun xx

Hi busy, I did a massive post this morning about stalling and carb cycling, but it got lost and I didn't have time to repost. Basically it said, from all the reading I have done I gave discovered:

1 try decreasing protein to 80gr and increasing fat

2 when protein and fat are eaten together fat is burned and protein is waste. When protein and carbs are eaten carbs are burned and protein is waste. When fat and carbs are eaten together carbs are burned and fat is stored. So if we are eating a lot of carbs we shouldn't eat fat with them ( this is why food combining works).

3 in order to loose weight successfully we need leptin in the body, for lots of people leptin can only be produced by eating carbs. So one day a week carbs should be at least 100gr. We can get this from fruit and veg.

My thoughts are to do a dukan day day once a week....low fat, medium protein and carb.
I have not tried any of these yet, but will if and when I stall.
Good luck with the "bootcamp".

2 when protein and fat are eaten together fat is burned and protein is waste. When protein and carbs are eaten carbs are burned and protein is waste. When fat and carbs are eaten together carbs are burned and fat is stored. So if we are eating a lot of carbs we shouldn't eat fat with them ( this is why food combining works)

Wow Sammy that is the most sensible explanation of carbs vs protein that I've ever read - brava baby! :)

Morning busy, I think you have to give these things a go to see. I do know I've lost most of my bits and pieces by upping carbs for whatever reason and then pulling back on them. I'd love to watch and see how you get on with this and I am sure a lot of us will be watching with eagle eyes as experiments and good losses on this diet is what keeps us all going.

i do think because you are toned and healthy with muscle that things have evened out for you but I also know how disheartening it is to not see any scales movement. Just keep tweaking until you see what works and we will all be here to spur you on :)

Wow Sammy, this makes so much sense in fact I hadn't even read it put this well before and had already worked it out for myself *having a feeling clever moment here:)*
For some reason I have always believed that by combining fats, proteins and carbs in say one meal we are not going to go forward. It has to be lacking one or the other to get things moving. I also remember one celebrity years ago who will have days where she ate only proteins and fat then days for proteins and carb. This cycle seems to work well for our bodies.

All the ingredients together can be so tasty but deadly that's why we enjoy it, but used separately which is boring actually helps weight loss, weird.

Thanks so much for posting this today, I'm going to take it all on board and come up with a plan :)

Morning Lauren, morning all,

Sat here having my bp, gagging at the thought of eggs..........and it's only day 2! I'm a weakling!!

Great info Sammy, will read it again in detail later.

I remember one year on holiday I was all over the place one day SW, one day Atkins and one day whatever I wanted and I mean chips, huge ice creams, tons of carbs etc. not a conscious plan, just didn't know what to do and all over the place. I only gained 4lbs in 3 weeks, not too bad. I do remember on the Atkins days I ate mostly meat, veg and big salads. So maybe worth a try mixing it up?

Lol busy bless you, I couldn't do it.....I'm funny with eggs anyway after watching a jackass program years back with eggs...il leave out the details but lets just say I've never looked at an egg the same again since :(

good luck with what ever you choose, how about a fat fast instead of eggs, could you do fat easier?

Great info Sammy, will read it again in detail later.

I remember one year on holiday I was all over the place one day SW, one day Atkins and one day whatever I wanted and I mean chips, huge ice creams, tons of carbs etc. not a conscious plan, just didn't know what to do and all over the place. I only gained 4lbs in 3 weeks, not too bad. I do remember on the Atkins days I ate mostly meat, veg and big salads. So maybe worth a try mixing it up?

Thanks for the info x. I know it helps to mix things up a bit, a friend has a complete carb orgy one weekend every other month or so. I've been scared of getting out of K.

The things we do!!!!! I'm sooooo peeved today, motivation gone!

Mine too, all morning! BUT gonna get of my butt and bring it round. You should too!! Teeney your kettlebell needs you!!!

Just do it x

Mine too, all morning! BUT gonna get of my butt and bring it round. You should too!! Teeney your kettlebell needs you!!!

Just do it x

I'm going to when the kids are having lunch, whilst part of me thinks its half the problem the other half is saying need too! Hehe addict! x

After reading sammy's really really informative post (bless your heart sammy) and having a good read through my menus I think I can see where I've been going wrong;

1.piling together fat, carbs and protien (I mean I've been having deep fried veggies with a big portion of protien)!.

2. I've more or less guessing ratios and not measuring at all (so much for being accountable). I can see my protien at times is too high (as I've been assuming it to be a free food).!

3.given how I've been doing it I guess I'm lucky not to have gained!

So now plan to correct all this, joined MFP and have and plan to do so everyday enter my intake. Gonna get tough on ratios for a few days and see how it goes. Keeping it low carbs.

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1375347843.668874.jpg

This is how today looks.

Off to do my kettlebells. Have a great day x.

I'm going to when the kids are having lunch, whilst part of me thinks its half the problem the other half is saying need too! Hehe addict! x

Yea you know it makes sense, it's not the problem at all. There is no point of losing wait with diet alone. For me the two go together. Especially as your gonna be toning as you go.

It's a good workout, if nothing else it's been toning and sculpting loads. Its a good way to do cardio, core and resistance in one go.

Back