Busybusy's 4 week challenge

Hugs and hang in there. Have your favourite low carb foods if that's what you need and dont count cals xx

I use the drops before I teach, really help! The pastels are good too, local chemists often have them (sugar free)

Agree with ^^ keep the choc, freeze it though and have a square when needed. Hugs x

Thanks guys, I'll have to get some. Although I went into town for them yesterday but had to leave due to ds1 feeling and being sick! He was so sick as I was paying for my car parking - the people behind me were giving me such looks of disgust, as if it was my fault. We really do live in a very unfriendly place. If I was back home someone would have definitely stepped up to help or even just offered a tissue or a word of comfort.

Sts this week, not to worried as I've lost 10lbs over 4 weeks. Which is consistent with the Atkins pattern. Hope your all winning x.

Hi Busy, impressed with your attitude to sts this week - that's a great sign of long term success on this woe:D

Shame about ds sicky episode but hope all ok now x

Aw poor munchkin being sick and shame on the people who were mean about it.

Ten pounds in a month is fantastic, very few diets where you can eat lots and do that! :D

Morning gals,

Thanks Katie, WW, Val and suse, yes I'm feeling ok about staying the same this week as I have loss over 3weeks and so this 4th sts week is quite typical of the Atkins pattern. I also came on unexpectedly this week, not a normal heavy bleed on none the less. Having my implant out this afternoon as I'm having too many hormonal problems now, hoping that will solve the issues.

Yes it is amazing to lose 10lbz in a month without having to worry about calories or portions - I pretty much eat until I'm full at each sitting.

B mushrooms and eggs
L salmon and curried spinach
D roast chick and curried spinach (done a big batch of this stuff)

Off to force myself to do my Pilates.

Hey Busy, hope pilates went well:)

Hi val this recipe is very, very authentic - a rustic villagey dish.

I use 3 tins of Callaloo spinach (this can be replaced with any leafy greens).
1 tin of spinach leafs in water.

2-3tins Callaloo (a must try)
1-2 spinach leafs (or 2-3fresh bunches if you prefer)
2tablespoons natural yoghurt
1-2teaspoons chilli flakes (or to taste)

For the tarkha;
3-4 tablespoons oil
Teaspoon of cumin and mustard seeds
Grain size amount of Astoefida optional
Drain all tins in a colander (squeeze with masher to get all water out).

Drain the spinach and Callaloo in a colander. Mix 1-2large tablespoons of yoghurt in 500ml water. Add 1-2 teaspoons chilli flakes and salt to taste. Mix well and add to spinach and Callaloo in a large pot, mix well. Cook low heat for 10-15mins

In a frying pan add oil, mustard seeds and cumin (astoefida is optional) heat until oil becomes very hot, turn the heat the until the spinach pot is also bubbling and very hot ......then add the hot oil to the main pot and quickly put the lid on. Voila!

Hey Busy, hope pilates went well:)

Hi Katie, Pilates was brill it finally felt like I had my mojo back. I gave it my all and can see myself wanting to progress and get good at it. Some of the moves were awfully difficult but I'm hoping to improve with practice. I'm hoping Pilates is not going to give me the stalls I have had in the past due to conventional exercise. It was demoralising working so hard at both diet and exercise and not seeing any loss week after week.

Saying that I have to stay off exercise for 4days as need to recover from having the implant out.

Oooh the spinach looks fantastic Busy. Hope things settle quickly with the implant out. And well done on the pilates! :)

Oooh the spinach looks fantastic Busy. Hope things settle quickly with the implant out. And well done on the pilates! :)

Awe thanks WW, I tried to explain the recipe as best as I could as I don't need to follow recipes when I do the Indian stuff. Hope it doesn't sound too complicated???

I'm hoping to try your leek soup this week. How are you?

I never thought of getting canned spinach!! It's genius!! X the recipe sounds yummy, I have spices but never really know how to use them!! X

I never thought of getting canned spinach!! It's genius!! X the recipe sounds yummy, I have spices but never really know how to use them!! X

Awe meg spices send veg dishes into another world. Without necessarily being too hot. Stick with me kid you'll soon spice whizz!

I hope you have a ball at Uni. You can also put Rescue remedy into water and sip it. I always get in a terrible panic if flying alone. Its not the plane that gets me, its check-in, especially in Turkey. Anyway, after two trips where I thought I would have a heart attack in the queue, I tried sipping Rescue remedy before I got to the airport, and I definitely wasn't in as much of a flap. Must remember to use it again when I fly later this month. I hope rescue remedy works for you :)

I hope you have a ball at Uni. You can also put Rescue remedy into water and sip it. I always get in a terrible panic if flying alone. Its not the plane that gets me, its check-in, especially in Turkey. Anyway, after two trips where I thought I would have a heart attack in the queue, I tried sipping Rescue remedy before I got to the airport, and I definitely wasn't in as much of a flap. Must remember to use it again when I fly later this month. I hope rescue remedy works for you :)

Thank you Hun x. I bet you can't wait for your trip to the uk. X.

Back