butter buds

Do you think you could put it on freshly popped popcorn? I am a fan of salted butter popcorn yummy yummy

I did buy some of these from ebay tried it in mash last just one sachet and didnt find it strong enough but i suppose im abutter fiend
You can have more than one you know lol. Throw a few in lol
If they're only 5 calories wouldn't they be 4 sachets = 1 syn or 2 for 0.5 syns?
They are in the book as 0.5 syn each sachet

Hi all, just tried to view the lakeland website to buy these but it just comes up with 'Internal error occurred...', anyone else haviing trouble?

Yep - looks like their website is down.
You can get butter buds on ebay and amazon as well by the way

Some ebay sellers sell a "trial pack" - they take a few out and sell them for a quid. This was my first taste of them.

I now get them from Lakeland

Do you think you could put it on freshly popped popcorn? I am a fan of salted butter popcorn yummy yummy

I tried something new this morning that would also work on popcorn. Mix 1 sachet with 1 tsp of boiled water and let it stand for a few minutes. I brushed it on toast and it was fab (not quite as good as the real stuff but miles better then the low fat spreads). You could just pour it over the popcorn and make up more than one sachet if you want more of a buttery taste.

If they're only 5 calories wouldn't they be 4 sachets = 1 syn or 2 for 0.5 syns?

Each sachet is 7.36 calories so with rounding it is 0.5 syns per sachet but it would be okay to count 4 sachets as 1.5 syns rather than 2.

Our c bought some for us all to try the other week, still got my sachet so think I will go and have a jacket potato now and try it. Some in group hate them, others say they are OK. Will come back to you on that one.

Not impressed, it is just a powder and it just seemed to disappear, ended up putting HEA cheese on my spud as well. Wont be rushing to get them!

Hi - thanks for the heads up about these - I have just tried them and they are fantastic!!! Liz

Hi. As someone mentioned before, you can order them from Amazon too. I sprinkle mine over hot, new potatoes and it just adds a nice buttery taste - not as good as the real thing, of course! Sometimes I add a few to a rice pudding too and it just tastes a tad creamier.

This sounds like the answer to my prayers! A buttery jacket potato at last!! :)

I have tried these and love them. I miss butter so much and on a jacket potato or sprinkled on veg (especially corn on the cob) these fill a need for me. May try them in a mash.

Back