Butterbum to Sexybum!

Butterbum

So here's the start of my Exante jouney :D I have roughly five and a half stone to lose and am hoping it's realistic enough to achieve this by October this year....what does everyone else think?

Today is my first day and so far so good..had a banana shake for brekkie and a mushroom soup for lunch (which strangely I found made my lips really sticky!?). I was a little bit scared to have a bar as I've found on other TFR eating plans that as soon as I have some solids it gives me the taste and then I end up eating therefore I figured that if I didn't eat my bar until just before bed and then went straight to sleep I wouldn't be tempted! lol

Anyway, not too much to report really as it's only day 1 and I'm sure I'll be on here moaning about hunger and not eating soon enough so for now I'll leave it nice and cheery :D

I do hope I get some views and any words of wisdom or support would be fab. x

Hi and welcome.

I love the title to your diary. Your target is definitely achievable. I've roughly got 5.5 stone left to lose and like you hope to do it in the next 5 months.

Keep glugging away with that water and good luck with your journey :D

Hello and welcome! I am sure you will reach your target by october as liz says drinking the water seems to be the key!

Good luck on your journey! xx

Hiya, I'm on day 74 now - it's totally doable, such an easy diet and very convenient as the bars are actually nice. I'm doing a mixture of working and total as my life dictates, and looking/feeling SO MUCH better! I've got about 4.5 stone still to lose, and am hopeful that I'll be at least 3.5 of the way there by 1 October, for a holiday (which will be working/atkins depending on where we go and how I can manage eating with my friends/family), then another 5-6 weeks to finish the diet completely with a bit of luck. I'm prepared to keep at it until Christmas if I need to, though.

If in doubt, drink some water! You absolutely can do this :)

Thank you so much for your posts folks :D

Well, that start didn't go according to plan, came down with sickness bug type cold virus so have been eating to make myself feel better...not overly unhealthy but I'm still determined and as today I'm feeling almost 100% I'll be starting again tomorrow!! I've weighed today and I'm still 15st 1lb so I'm relieved about that.

I've heard that the first couple of days are the worst, is that the case? Also, what are you guys doing to prevent saggy skin??!!!! I have read that if you can pinch your skin and it's paper thin then it will sag...I've done this ALLLL over my body and it seems that the tops of my thighs, my tummy (after 2 kids especially) and my upper arms are going to sag and I'm petrified! lol Anybody got any tips for me.

Aaarrghhhh I'm so excited about this journey! I've worked out that if I can lose around 4lbs a week I can hit the 9's by October time and to me that's just an unreal weight! I haven't been that for 10 years (I'm 31 now) :D :D

Anyway, I hope you're all doing great still and thank you again for your comments, it's really spurred me on to come on here and see someone had actually looked at my diary! xx

Hi butterbum, good luck for tomorrow when you start your journey! I can't answer the question of saggy skin but would be interested to hear what others say about that, glad to hear you are feeling better and once again good luck with your journey and don't forget the water xx

Well all is going well so far today..that said it's not even 12 yet! lol

I've been thinking this morning and this is going to be a real battle of wills for me as hubby is not supportive AT ALL and will eat whatever he wants in front of me!!!! It's at that point where I'm going to struggle. When I did a vlcd before I would get to that point and then think "ohhh it's best to lose weight slowly anyway" and eat! When in truth what is best is to get the weight off and deal with my food issues then! I've tried all other methods and I'm still fat so obviously losing it slowly isn't the best option! lol

It's going to be a long process and I think this part will be the easy part.....it'll be the maintaining afterwards by way of changing my relationship with food that will be hard.

Anyway, there's my ramble for now...here's to a good day to all :D x

Good afternoon Butterbum and welcome! :hug99:

Can't help you re' the saggy skin, think I'm stuck forever with my "baby pouch" :D

Quite a few of us are thinking Atkins for maintaining, as we can continue with the low carb route. It might be easier (at least to start with)!

Back