butternut squash and baco risotto help plz

jacqui35

Silver Member
Hi all

Yes another one from ee cookbook but im stuck.

Have been and done all shopping and got some risotto for first time ever and not got butternut squash as not keen on it well never tried it, so what else could i have instead of butternut? :confused::confused:

Also brough salmon and fresh cod today, never had salmon in my life was on offer for quid from seafood counter, just hope im going to like it

thanks all

i have broc caulif carrots swede green beans sugarsnaps peppers, what you would do with it?

Oooh you should try butternut squash it is lovely!! Anyway, in it's place you could use carrot I guess or sweet potato if you have it, it's just if you do use sweet potato then it's not a superfree food. If you like swede and carrot then you should like butternut squash.

Salmon is one of my faves, actually you could use salmon in your risotto, cook it first in the oven then flake it into your risotto. Yummy.

With salmon, I sprinkle over some lemon and lime juice, wrap in tin foil and cook at around 160 degrees for 15-20 mins...have with either salad or veg and have 2 tbsp Hellmans extra light mayo.
I like butternut squash, have tried it roasted and boiled, but I didnt like it as a soup. When roasted the butternut squash goes quite sweet and delicious!

Back