Butternut squash

Gracienoods

Hey guys

I'm new to low carb-did it before but just started today- and I'm wondering if butternut squash is low carb or not, makes a great replacement for chips and mash :D

I think it is, I had home made butternut squash soup 3 or 4 times last week, and still lost 6lbs.

butternut squash isn't bad for you if you are eating veg's that not good. 1 cup serving of butternut squash includes about 22 g of carbohydrates and 2 g of protein, as well as 4 g of sugars. There’s no significant fat content or cholesterol, in this plant food. So it's not too bad

hi guys im on lipotrim at the mo, but i used to do a low carb diet so i have some significant knowledge ha :D butternut squash is fine, but really minimise it to once or twice a week. it also makes it sort of a treat, me and my sister would look forward to it! we would cut them into small chips, bake them with some olive oil and mexican seasoning. when they were crunchy then we would top them with some homemade garlic mayo and grated cheese... absolutely yummy! it was like a gourmet version of chip shop garlic cheese chips! full of calories though so really only have them once a week! but trust me if you are a chip girl like me then go for it coz they are delish!

Back