Butternut squash

Needtodothis

Hey all, I've bought one of these lovely looking things but have absolutely no idea what to do with it. And tips? Xx

I also brought one in Tescos yesterday ...... its just looking pretty at the mo as i dont have a clue

was thinking a risotto or ravioli

I use mine for Butternut squash and red pepper soup, I make chips with it, you could also have it roasted, or mashed with a dinner, curry :)

BNS is awesome and so many different meals to use it in.

I like it in risotto (roast it in chunks with garlic, mash most of it into the risotto and stir through a couple of the whole chunks towards the end) either with the garlic or with bacon, or sage!

Peel, cube and roast with red onion cut into wedges. When cooked mix with baby spinach and HexA of feta - beaut.

Roasting in cubes again with cauliflower and seasoned with cumin seeds served with curry (and I also like it with feta, sounds so wrong with curry but I like it!).

Chop into small cubes and add to a mince mixture to go into lasagne.

Make a Tagine with chickpeas, onions, peppers, Harissa paste, apricots (synned or hexb choice), garlic, spices, pasatta and stock.

So many different ways to use it! Xx

cook until soft add sweetner and cinnamon. or grate raw butternut and pineapple. sweeten with a little sweetner to taste. refridgerate and serve cold. both very lovely curry

I love butternut squash in risotto. Add cubes of butternut, chopped onion, green pepper, celery, petit pois,garlic, chilli, salt, pepper, lemon juice and cinnamon. It's so tasty!

I fry some onions & garlic till soft, add butternut squash and veg stock, cook till it breaks down and forms a thick sauce then add pasta and top with some cheese. You can do the same with broccoli, great if you're a veggie :)

I add it cubed and raw to any stew, curry, casserole or bolognase and cook until soft. Or roast cubes in the oven and then add at the last minute to stir fries, salads or as a side dish on its own. Mashed its good as a mash alternative or a topping for cottage, shepherds or cowboy pie. Or soups - I like to ate on with roasted bns, chilli and fromage frais. Or mashed on ryvita. Hope something there helps!
Liz x

Back