buying clothes when you're shrinking mid-journey

Hattie21

so this will hopefully be a dilemma i face soon, currently i'm still comfortably within most of my wardrobe, but as the weight drops i will need new clothes.

what are you planning to do/what did you do about new clothes as you lost weight?

i've picked up a few bargains on ebay, mostly smart/casual stuff, and i have some clothes in smaller sizes in my wardrobe (but in limited amounts). i'm a student and trying to think of how to do this with the best value for money. i'll have to buy a smaller suit as i will have interviews etc this summer, but besides that, i'm trying to gauge how often to buy new clothes, and the best stuff to prioritise and cheapest way to do it (besides ebay!)

any thoughts?

I tend to buy clothes when they fit me and wear them until they're too big, I stopped buying clothes that were too small as it made me feel cr@ppy!

My biggest issue is bras as mine cost £36 a pop (they're the only ones that fit properly), so I buy them 2 back sizes too small and use bra extenders until they fit, then I buy new ones once they're too big, hth.

I just buy a few items from supermarkets rather than splash out on clothes from more expensive shops. As others have said I buy them just as they start to fit and wear them until they're basically falling off. At the moment my work trousers probably would fall off if I wasn't wearing a belt but I don't want to ask for anymore until I absolutely have to as I still have a lot more to lose.

Charity shops!

Charity shops and I wear a belt as things get a big can then wear clothes for at least two sizes

I tend to just keep it cheap and cheerful as I'm losing weight, sainsbury's and peacocks mainly. I seem to live in leggings and tshirts at the moment.

Charity shops for me too - at least you can try things on.... plus primarni, supermarkets (regardless of my size)... are you a group member? Maybe a swap party would help a few members? Or weigh y0ur old stuff in at a cash for clothes place - even shoes can get too big - so go nuts, be ruthless and make plenty space for smaller sizes :) Plus size shops over charge - captive audience - keep your hard earned for your big reveal when you get to goal ;) xx

It's a nightmare isn't it lovely buying new clothes but can quickly get expensive if your only in one size for a short period of time. Buy staple items that can be used for different occasions and things that won't look silly if they become a little baggy. Think about how many clothes you actually need.

I've previously learnt the hard way about buying too small a lot of the things you think will look nice but on a different figure they fit differently and this makes a difference as to whether you where them, I've also forgot to try new things on and missed the Zone where I could wear them rendering them useless.

Someone's already suggested swapping which is great if you can. Charity shops, George at Asda and primark can also be fantastic for things for short term wear. :))

Back