Buying My First Car! Any Tips..

:happy036:Yup. 1st August. Perrrp.. :happy036:

I am a bit nervous. My driving instructor has been lovily but now he seems to be taking the p**S a little because I told him my budget for lessons and stuff and he takes the p*** when we go out on lessons because he "forgets to fill up petrol" so we have to do that, or stops and gets out the car and has a fag.. Im like excuse me! He shows up 5 minutes late and then drops me off 10 minutes early! It annoys me.

And we never practice my turn in the road, parking, reversing round corner because he says im good at them but thats only because i have been practicing with my bf. We just drive the same route all the time on my lessons and its not even the route I got to do for my test. I have been practicing that with my bf.

Annoying or what? But I am only having one more lesson with him next week and then thats it until test day.

What do u guys think is this fair what hes doing? I have had bad experiences in the past. I started learning when I was 17 (Im 22 now well 23 in 2 weeks time ) but I had a really pervy driving instructor that always used to talk about S*x! I was only 17! He used to shout at me aswell and that put me off.

I finally got the courage to start driving again and made it my new years aim to have a car by xmas! :) I started learning to drive in January!

xx

oh no hun sounds like you've had a bad experience with your driving instructors hun :( especially the pervy one. glad it didnt put you off though!

Mine was brill, expensive but great. i was paying £22 an hour and had 2 hours a week for 11 months :O haha! I wasnt a 'natural' driver though at all and i was really nervous bout booking my test. finally plucked up the courage and failed and then failed a second time. I passed third time lucky haha think they got sick of seeing me at the test centre. Lol. I didnt go out driving unless i was on a lesson because i didnt get a car until i passed my test and i know i wouldnt have been devastated coming back from my test when i had failed and had to look at a car parked on the drive that i couldnt drive. But i got there in the end :) took me quite a while to get confident on the road after passing aswell. I was 18 nearly 19 when i passed but now over 2 years on im loving driving (at last) haha. I find it also helps that you get a car you feel comfortable driving. My first car was given to me and it was an old wreck and kept braking down (luckily my dad and twin brother are mechanics) and always rescued me but i feel nervous driving it if that makes sense.

Good luck on ya test sweetie :)

My lessons are £45 for two hours or £215 for a block of 10hours.

He taked the piss tho and it annoys me. I have another lesson tomorrow and thats it. I'm not paying for any more lessons and im just going to have to pray that I can pass my test on stuff my boyfriend teaches me now. x

Thank you Emmaline :)

Less that a month to go and im so nervous! I really want to pass first time! It would mean so much to me to have a car and be able to apply for better jobs! :) xx

I'm so stressed! Still not having any luck in finding a car.. and as for my driving instructor, well.. i stand no chance in passing.. :| so depressing! :( x

If he's really that bad hun maybe you should find a new instructor? Can a friend or relative not recommend a better one?

Hiya, sorry for the late reply!

Well I have quit lessons with my instructor less than 3 weeks before my test! It was getting rediculous and he was taking the piss but on monday things ended pretty bad! He turned up late, then we got going and chatting and I was driving to the place im gonna do my test. Then I said about my bf and that he was going to give me lessons and try and help me and he flipped. First started slagging my bf off saying he was a **** driver (he's never met him b4 so that wasnt fair) then started saying I was doing everything wrong, telling me off for stupid stuff, knocking my confidence and talking to me in a reeally sarcastic tone. He was unclear on his directions when we got to a roundabout so I said do you mean that exit, so I have to be in this lane and he was like YES! & Started shouting at me and I couldnt concentrate. I put up with it for a hour and by the end of the lesson (i have 2hrs) I wanted to cry. Then he tried to make me go down a one way. I said I couldnt and he slammed the breaks on and started shouting and saying whats the matter with u why wont u listen to me! I said tbh I just want to go home because im really upset and your talking to me like a idiot, knocking my confidence and really upsettin me. Right now I never want to drive again. So I did a bit more of my lesson but went back about 15 minutes early and he tried to talk and be nice when we got close to my house and said you had a blip it will be fine. I was like well I havent done anything wrong!! :'( Plus all this was on my birthday. When I got in I started crying and my mum went nuts asking me what was wrong and I said to her. Then when I went out she called him and said we wouldnt need him and more and he said Id never get a new instructor so close to my test. It pretty much ruiened my birthday. :(

Today I have to try and find a new instructor:(

Sorry for the essay I just thought id let you all kno and was wondering what you think I should do? xx

Back