CrazyMoo

Hi!!

I'm new & wanted to introduce myself.....
Im Michelle (Shell), 32 from Liverpool

snapchat-1812467621-jpg.185985

I feel embarrassed of myself in this picture.....Can not fathom how Ive allowed my body to get into such a poor condition.
:badmood:
It was seeing this picture & others from recent trips & family gatherings that made me realise I had to do something!!

Ive recently started loosely following the SW plan after deciding to give up all fast food for lent so I kind of forced myself into it which in all honesty Ive needed to do for far too long to remember!

I stupidly forgot to weigh myself at day one so I did after 1 week in....2 days ago I did my 2nd weight check & found I had lost 4 1/2 pounds!! :woohoo:
....Really pleased with this especially with this week being my star week!!

Im such a fussy eater.....Dont have any veg or fruit or even fish & very rarely have sauces apart from tomato on pizza or in a bolognese.
I do like the taste & smell of things but have a real issue with the texture of certain foods. Onion for example, love the taste but can not for the life of me bring myself to eat anything with even the most finely chopped onion incorperated in.
I infuriate myself dissecting food if I havent made it or if I go out to a restaurant having to ask for meals without certain parts....Honestly, I have come to the conclusion that hypnotismn may be my only option to finally get over this stupid food phobia Ive created for myself. :banghead:

For now though SW seems to be going alright as I do like pasta, rice, eggs, chicken, beef, potatoes, quark & have found some recipies to work with.
.......I am worrying though that at some point all the carbs I seem to be consuming will catch up with me. :eating:

Ive decided to take it 1 step at a time & have even challenged myself to try a new food each week.
Last week was 'Spinach'.....I used this with chopped up hard boiled egg, bacon, quark & some paprika (My own recipe.....didnt find it online which I was proud of myself for, LOL!!)
It actually made a nice lunch but I may chop up the spinach leaves into smaller pieces next time I make this. (Picture below)
20170312_162949-jpg.185981

This week Ive decided to try blueberries.....I know for a grown woman of 32 years I sound pathetic, believe me I know!!....but when Ive refused all the foods I have done for the best part of my life its so hard for me to break the habbit.
As a child I would eat anything my Mum made for me then all of a sudden I started disliking things & the list just got bigger & bigger & quickly took over my life.

Im not sure how Im going to get on with my weight loss because of my fussiness towards food but Ive got myself in the right mind set for once & am going to give it my very best shot!!

Thanks for reading & Ill appeciate any ideas anyone has on how I could start at tackling my fussy eating.

Looking forward to reading more of everyone elses journey's.:eatdrink051:

Much love to you all!

:rainbow: Shell :rainbow:

Hi Shell .. Welcome to the forum :)
There's one great thing that you have in your favour and that is your age! Now is a perfect time to get the weight shifted .. the older you get the harder it becomes as the body changes with various aspects of the aging process which I won't go into now but I'm sure you know only too well.
When my daughters were little I was very careful about what I gave the first and made things rather than buying them as I thought it would be more healthy for her and now she eats everything and anything whereas my youngest I fed everything but now she is soo fussy and quite the opposite!

I am sure that you will be able to make headway with your problem seeing as how you are facing it and determined to try different things and the blueberries are very good for you so that's a bonus.
Don't give up at the first setback as they are and will certainly come but just keep remembering the goal that you want to achieve and we will be here to support you too.

All the very best to you on your journey to slimdom! :winner:

Onwards and Downwards!

Thanks so much for your welcome & words of encouragement!!

Had a little set back today as it's been my little Sister's Birthday & we all went out to a Greek restaurant to celebrate.

Tried my best to be good but did have a few chips (not the whole plate though) & the sauce that came with my chicken dish was surely not too heathy prob why it tasted so good LOL
Snapchat-84725664.jpg

Back on track as of tomorrow....We are allowed the odd day off plan Im sure as long as the good out weighs the bad Im keeping positive still!!

:eating:

Hi there its good that you are in a positive mindset and that you are willing to try foods that you wouldn't normally eat :) blue berries is nice with yogurt and a bit of honey. I'm sure a meal out is fine. I had a coffee this morning and then had a burger and chips this afternoon but I made sure that I had something small this evening. I just had toast. I did feel a bit hungry but the moments past and now I'm fine. Probably not the healthy way of eating but it is the weekend after all!

Hi. Welcome and well done for making some positive changes.
I hated spinach as a child but love it now. I make Sag Aloo quite a lot (SW recipe) and have been known to chuck a slack handful in a banana smoothie. I know that it sounds vile but you can't taste the spinach for the taste of the banana. I have spinach and banana smoothies a lot when I don't have time for a proper breakfast and need something to keep me going until lunch time. Your egg, spinach, quark and paprika lunch sounds good. I might give that a go when I've kickstarted my body again, with a bit of Exante.
I love blueberries, gorgeous with a nice Muller Light or a Fage Total Zero yoghurt and a drizzle of honey. Absolute bliss.

If it helps any. I have a friend who has lost 110lbs with SW. She follows it to the letter and is doing amazingly. She says that she has her life back. She's in her early 60s now and swims, 3 times a week, for 3 miles a session. I'm pretty fit but cannot imagine swimming 9 miles a week.

Good luck with your dieting. It's a change for life really, is SW. I'm sure that you will do wonderfully Shell.

Hi. Welcome and well done for making some positive changes.
I hated spinach as a child but love it now. I make Sag Aloo quite a lot (SW recipe) and have been known to chuck a slack handful in a banana smoothie. I know that it sounds vile but you can't taste the spinach for the taste of the banana. I have spinach and banana smoothies a lot when I don't have time for a proper breakfast and need something to keep me going until lunch time. Your egg, spinach, quark and paprika lunch sounds good. I might give that a go when I've kickstarted my body again, with a bit of Exante.
I love blueberries, gorgeous with a nice Muller Light or a Fage Total Zero yoghurt and a drizzle of honey. Absolute bliss.

If it helps any. I have a friend who has lost 110lbs with SW. She follows it to the letter and is doing amazingly. She says that she has her life back. She's in her early 60s now and swims, 3 times a week, for 3 miles a session. I'm pretty fit but cannot imagine swimming 9 miles a week.

Good luck with your dieting. It's a change for life really, is SW. I'm sure that you will do wonderfully Shell.

Thats good idea to have spinach, I should really make smoothes might try that this week.

Thats also impressive that your friend goes swimming!

Hi to you all!!

My Aunty has suggested I try blending spinach in with whisked eggs when having an omelette....Said it turns the egg green but tastes delicious....I need to purchase a blender though as I dont currently have one.

Ive had a Bacon & chive omelette with SW Syn free rosemarry & thyme chips for my tea tonight.
20170320_205353.jpg

The blueberries were a roaring success, tried rasperries too which I found a little bitter but mixed in with fat free yoghurt were delicious.....
.....Ive even had them with my branflakes for breakfast since! #GOME!!
20170319_134347.jpg

I do enjoy swimming, want to shed a few more pounds though before I think of going....Still feel very self concious of my body so Im doing a hell of a lot of walking down the beach on weekends with the dog & have purchased an exercise machine from Thane which is meant to work all of your core muscles.:character00116:

Im very excited for what the future holds!!

Shell xx
:)

It was my weigh in day yesterday....
....Only 1 1/4 pound loss.

Bit of a difference from last week but I know where I went wrong & keep telling myself even though it's not a big loss at least its a loss!!

Ive made a Potato base Bacon pizza for my tea this evening.....
20170322_193447.jpg

& Oh my.......It was delicious!!!

Will be making this again, That's for sure......Syn free too with SW if you use the 30g light cheese as your HexB for the day!!

Positive vibes today!!!

Shell :eating:

For anyone wanting to try this pizza here is the recipe:

Syn Free Hash Brown Pizza | Slimming World

INGREDIENTS

METHOD:
  • Grate your potatoes and put into a colander. Rinse thoroughly and dry well. Place into a mixing bowl.
  • Chop the onion finely, Add it to the potato along with the seasoning & the egg. Mix well.
  • Choose your dish/baking tray & press the potato into a level pizza shape. Bake without toppings for 30 mins on 150.
  • Prepare your toppings & grate cheese. Mix some basil spice to tomato puree if desired. Add whatever toppings you want, I had bacon but could easily add more peppers for example the list is endless!
  • After half an hour spread the tomato puree over the base, add your cheese & chosen toppings. Sprinkle with oregano. Bake for a further 10-15 mins on 180.
  • Remove from the oven & serve with salad of tour choosing.
You will need to use a knife & fork to eat this as the base isnt as sturdy as a regular dough pizza....but tastes just as good!!!

Enjoy!!! :character00254:

It was my weigh in day yesterday....
....Only 1 1/4 pound loss.

Bit of a difference from last week but I know where I went wrong & keep telling myself even though it's not a big loss at least its a loss!!

Ive made a Potato base Bacon pizza for my tea this evening.....View attachment 186075

& Oh my.......It was delicious!!!

Will be making this again, That's for sure......Syn free too with SW if you use the 30g light cheese as your HexB for the day!!

Positive vibes today!!!

Shell :eating:

What a great idea to have a potato based pizza! Thanks for this recipe will have to try it. Tonight my housemate cooked a potato bake similar to your pizza must remember to take pics!

Anyway the other day I cooked an egg fratata.
20170320_183544.jpg

This is very easy!

You whisk about 6 eggs although I have done up to 8 eggs (this one was 6).
I added fresh veg into the base if the tray such as celery, tomato, mushroom and mashed up spinach. You can add other veg but if its root veg or frozen you may have to boil it.
You then cover all over the the veg on the base of the baking dish with the whisked eggs.
You then bake it in the oven for about 25 mins just making sure its cooked although it might be more or less.

I was quite pleased with it as I was able to cut a slice for me and my friend without it breaking up.

I did also make some rice adding cooked frozen veg and a bit of mayo, you can also add seeds. I added a few oven chips but to be honest it wasnt needed.

Yum.....This fratata sounds delish,
Ill be giving that a go!!

Just stocked up on eggs so have pleanty to play around with different recipes!

xx

Last edited:
No probs!

I like to make simple dishes as I sometimes get impatient. The other dishes I like to cook is stir fries. Me and my housemate have been cooking and following recipes a lot recently, it doesnt always happen so will have to keep it up!

The easier the method the better the dish ends up I feel!!

Be sure to share your dishes with me, If you dont mind doing so......Im certainly interested in receiving as much inspiration for dishes as I can. I dont want to get bored on my weight loss journey eating the same foods so need variation in my meals!

Shell xx

:eating:

Another week has almost passed....
Weigh day for me tomorrow!!

I tried peas & sweetcorn at the weekend & loved them!!!

Looking forward to having mushy peas now as Ive heared they are delicious!!

Onwards & upwards!!

Last edited:
Another week has almost passed....
Weigh day for me tomorrow!!

I tried peas & sweetcorn at the weekend & loved them!!!

Looking forward to having mushy peas now as Ive heared they are delicious!!

Onwrds & upwards!!

Hope the WI goes well CM..
and by-the-way .. it's Onwards and Downwards!

Well my dinner this evening was a roaring success.....

Homemade meatballs using lean beef mince binded with an egg, Spaghetti, Pasata sauce with Spinach mixed in & Cheesy garlic bread using the BeFree wrap:

20170327_192456.jpg

I didnt end up finishing the whole plate so have some left-overs for lunch in work tomorrow!!

Happy days!!

:eat:

Back