buying yogurts

crazycosmic

i am thinking of buying a bulk load of yogurts while offer is on in morrisons but if u freeze yogurts can they be only eaten like ice cream or can they also be totaly defrosted ?:confused:

I don't think you can freeze yogurts, on some of them it says do not freeze. And I know you definately cannot defrost them because we just got a new fridge and my mother put it on it's highest setting straight away freezing my mullerlights! They thawed and they were all seperated and smelled off, 12 tubs down the drain lol!

oh dear, I have made some lollies out of mine but haven't tried one yet !!! oh well you live and learn eh

I'm afraid i have to disagree with sugarlips, i freeze mine all the time! I fill ice lolly moulds with them to eat frozen and also store the pots whole (i've frozen Mullers & WW ones) and then thaw in the fridge. Sometime you need to give them a little stir, but i tend to find that anyway after they have been in the fridge for more than a day :)
xxxx

I think mullerlights are ok to freeze but I don't know about defrosting and eating. Most people on here eat them frozen. Let us know how you get on.

The problem with low-fat things is that they will separate when thawed out. This is because they don't have the fat molecules to hold them together. But a good stir should resolve that problem. Sometimes they separate a bit even if they haven't been frozen.

I don't usually eat Muller Lights, but I do find that Total 0% and 2% have a much better texture when stirred really briskly just before eating them - more creamy.

Mullers can't be defrosted and eaten .. they are vile! hubby and I learned this the hard way lol They are however yummy when frozen :)

lucky you princess, I would love to like them, would save me a fortune bulk buying :)

I don't think you can freeze yogurts, on some of them it says do not freeze. And I know you definately cannot defrost them because we just got a new fridge and my mother put it on it's highest setting straight away freezing my mullerlights! They thawed and they were all seperated and smelled off, 12 tubs down the drain lol!

Mullerlights RIP.:wave_cry:

Just give 'em a stir!

In the name of science, I'm going to freeze one tonight, defrost it and eat it tomorrow.

Things I do for you;)

Steve

I am going away for two weeks and have some mullerlights in the fridge. I will try freezing them as I won't eat them all before Saturday. If it works that's good as it will save binning them. Will report back in two weeks time.

I've frozen yoghurts in the past and found they needed a good stir once defrosted. However I haven't frozen them since starting SW because Muller Lights are usually on offer somewhere most of the time!!!

Denise

Back