Cake

Crunchy

Am only on week 1 of SW but what do you do if you wanted a topped cupcake or a piece of birthday cake? Can you still have cakes on SW?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You get 15 syns a day, so as long as the cake or cupcake comes in under that you've got no problems! Some canbe higher than 15 syns, so you may just have to pick your cake wisely.

You can have anything on Slimming World. You just need to check the syn value and syn it accordingly.
A small 28g piece of birthday cake is, on average, 5-6 syns - this is a tiny piece!!

Just check before you eat. You can work out the syn value of cake by the calories, each 20 calories is one syn.

I love lemon cake and decided to buy the Mr Kipling lemon slices as they are individually wrapped. For 5.5syns you get little more than a mouthful, and it made me realise just how any syns there must be in those Starbucks lemon and poppy seed muffins that I used to stuff down my neck before starting SW!

It doesn't matter what you spend your syns on!! As long as the cupcake is under 300cals then it is within syns

I love lemon cake and decided to buy the Mr Kipling lemon slices as they are individually wrapped. For 5.5syns you get little more than a mouthful, and it made me realise just how any syns there must be in those Starbucks lemon and poppy seed muffins that I used to stuff down my neck before starting SW!

Oh god, my fave was the red velvet cupcakes from morrisons bakery section, absolute heaven in a paper case!! I don't know how many syns but I bet they're not within 15

Some people chose to have their syns per week instead of per day, that's what I did and it worked for me before.. So if you have 15 syns a day, then that's 105 a week. If you have cake that's over 15 syns one day, as long as you stay within your weekly limit your still on plan.

I've just restarted and I had to sit through the new members talk and she didn't explain it to me like that, so maybe the rules have changed... But I have a little note book and I write a countdown from from whatever number of syns I have to 0, and cross them off throughout the week!

Thanks guys you have given me some ideas and hope. Part of me thinks I can just eat whatever I want without limits, but that's what got me fat in the first place! Going to tesco after WI tomorrow to pick up a cake or two for the ODD treat within Syn range!

I have been on S W for sometime now and I used to be a bit of a cake addict. It took a while but I now no longer crave cakes,chocolates,biscuits,crisps etc. I think if I started eating just a little bit of cake it would start me off again craving it. I really did have a problem with it, where I would eat 2 large double chocolate muffins at once, then feel sick but still carry on eating all sorts. :(

Crunchy said:
Thanks guys you have given me some ideas and hope. Part of me thinks I can just eat whatever I want without limits, but that's what got me fat in the first place! Going to tesco after WI tomorrow to pick up a cake or two for the ODD treat within Syn range!

I'm sure ppl have already said but curly wurlys (6 syns) nestle animal bars (5syns) and mini milky bars (3.5syns) are life savers for me who has a mega sweet tooth. Also if you're looking for cake then weight watchers cake bars vary between 4.5-5.5 each- I usually get the caramel slice or milk chocolate roll. Hope this helps, Linds x

Easy dont eat any cake! ive not had any cake,sweets, chocolate bars, crisps this year and i dont intend to. Those are the foods that got me in the state i was in in the first place, so why would i let them back into my life now.

If i ever do have any of the above again (because no one is perfect) it wont be until ive reached target and i know i could smash the calories off with exercise.

CraigA said:
Easy dont eat any cake! ive not had any cake,sweets, chocolate bars, crisps this year and i dont intend to. Those are the foods that got me in the state i was in in the first place, so why would i let them back into my life now.

If i ever do have any of the above again (because no one is perfect) it wont be until ive reached target and i know i could smash the calories off with exercise.

Not sure it's easy!!! For some cutting things out entirely is the only way but for others it could lead to a binge. Moderation is the thing to learn here. Each to their own though.

CraigA said:
I beg to difer, im living proof its easy. Believe me if i can lose 12st 6 1/2lbs in 9 1/2 months anyone can do it.

Easy for you because that's how you are and that's wonderful but some of us aren't like that and that's ok too, it's about what works for the individual and that's why SW works, because one size does not fit all.

Shirleen said:
Easy for you because that's how you are and that's wonderful but some of us aren't like that and that's ok too, it's about what works for the individual and that's why SW works, because one size does not fit all.

Quite!!!!

Totally agree, everyone is different. I am a bit "if I start with cake I'm on a downward spiral" and I just crave it, so avoid. Some people however, are satisfied knowing they can have a little of it everyday. Thats what makes life interesting! :)

im on craigs side with this one. I find i work better without having anything , ill make my own low fat treats and stick 100% away from things that i see as my weak dangerous areas.

Back