Calling all military wives and girlfriends

Hello Elm....is he in the USMC & are you British or American? Welcome anyway & sorry to be so nosey.
My Hubby & I went to Washington DC a couple of years ago to run the Marathon sponsered by the USMC & it was the best holiday I think we've had....they are a great bunch & soooooo supportive!

Hi Bev......on the insomnia front, is it new or do you always suffer from it? Get to your GP would be my advice & are you getting any support from your BF's regiment (presuming he's Army)?

kim63 said:
Hello Elm....is he in the USMC & are you British or American? Welcome anyway & sorry to be so nosey.
My Hubby & I went to Washington DC a couple of years ago to run the Marathon sponsered by the USMC & it was the best holiday I think we've had....they are a great bunch & soooooo supportive!

Hi Bev......on the insomnia front, is it new or do you always suffer from it? Get to your GP would be my advice & are you getting any support from your BF's regiment (presuming he's Army)?

Hey hun

He's in the RAF, so no support from the squadron because we haven't been together that long and we knew he was going to afghan. So we tried to spend as much time as we could together, which helped :)

I've never suffered with it before! Only since Sam got deployed really, I think it's because I'm worried about him in a dangerous place and I just want him back now and safe xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey hun

He's in the RAF, so no support from the squadron because we haven't been together that long and we knew he was going to afghan. So we tried to spend as much time as we could together, which helped :)

I've never suffered with it before! Only since Sam got deployed really, I think it's because I'm worried about him in a dangerous place and I just want him back now and safe xxx

Yep I know where you're coming from Bev, but you really need to sort out your insomnia...have you tried all the techniques to try & help you sleep & if they aren't working maybe you do need to see you GP. Nobody can tell you to stop worrying & night times are always the worse as the brain goes into overdrive. I know you said he's in a 'safe' place, so try & remember that. Are there any 'support' groups run by his regiment/or any near by/ do you know any other 'WAG's that you can talk to that are in the same position as you....as its always good to talk to others ,as you will see that what you're feeling is 'normal' & that there are others out there who feel the same as you x

kim63 said:

Yep, USMC and I'm American. :)

kim63 said:
Yep I know where you're coming from Bev, but you really need to sort out your insomnia...have you tried all the techniques to try & help you sleep & if they aren't working maybe you do need to see you GP. Nobody can tell you to stop worrying & night times are always the worse as the brain goes into overdrive. I know you said he's in a 'safe' place, so try & remember that. Are there any 'support' groups run by his regiment/or any near by/ do you know any other 'WAG's that you can talk to that are in the same position as you....as its always good to talk to others ,as you will see that what you're feeling is 'normal' & that there are others out there who feel the same as you x

Yep I know hun. I tried to ring my doctors but they are positively shocking at being able to assist me! I work therefore I can only go at certain times of which they only release appointments at midday the day before. Well given the job I do and the fact that my lunch is usually 1.30 the appointments have usually gone!! They are a joke but that really is another story.

Nope I don't know any other groups or WAGs from his squadron. He's the only one from that squadron based at his home base, the rest of the squadron are based 4 hours west of where he is. So all the other WAGs have their oh's at home at the moment.

But at least when they do go on deployment they can turn to me if they need support.

This week my appetite really has gone :( xx

Yep I know hun. I tried to ring my doctors but they are positively shocking at being able to assist me! I work therefore I can only go at certain times of which they only release appointments at midday the day before. Well given the job I do and the fact that my lunch is usually 1.30 the appointments have usually gone!! They are a joke but that really is another story.

Nope I don't know any other groups or WAGs from his squadron. He's the only one from that squadron based at his home base, the rest of the squadron are based 4 hours west of where he is. So all the other WAGs have their oh's at home at the moment.

But at least when they do go on deployment they can turn to me if they need support.

This week my appetite really has gone :( xx

Yikes wouldnt like to belong to your GP practice! How about some h
erbal remedies to help you sleep there are loads out there & ref your appetite you know you wont lose weight if you dont eat ........telling off over!!!!
Its not easy as I well know Bev, but do try & keep your chin up as your fella would hate that you're suffering at home. keep yourself busy, chat on here, do your hobbies & think about the outfit you're gonna wear when he comes home.....buy yourself a new outfit, including the sexy underwear & prepare a lovely candlelit dinner!!! :candledinner:

kim63 said:
Yikes wouldnt like to belong to your GP practice! How about some h
erbal remedies to help you sleep there are loads out there & ref your appetite you know you wont lose weight if you dont eat ........telling off over!!!!
Its not easy as I well know Bev, but do try & keep your chin up as your fella would hate that you're suffering at home. keep yourself busy, chat on here, do your hobbies & think about the outfit you're gonna wear when he comes home.....buy yourself a new outfit, including the sexy underwear & prepare a lovely candlelit dinner!!! :candledinner:

Lol I've already got my mind planning the dinner part. The rest I hadn't thought of yet as 9 weeks is a bit of a long way ahead.

I have been eating even though I haven't actually wanted to. I've been sticking to the plan x

Good plan about the outfit though!! I feel a shopping trip coming on x

Well as I'm not that far off target my size won't change it'll just be more comfortable to wear!!

Shopping trip arranged :) xxx

Well I had a big fat fail today! Went the pub and didn't stay on plan at all. Feel utterly sick and bloated now but then I deserve it!! Back to it tomorrow. No food next time I've decided x

Well I had a big fat fail today! Went the pub and didn't stay on plan at all. Feel utterly sick and bloated now but then I deserve it!! Back to it tomorrow. No food next time I've decided x

Does you good to have a blow out every now & then, keeps the metabolism on its toes!!!

kim63 said:
Does you good to have a blow out every now & then, keeps the metabolism on its toes!!!

True I've been good today! Xxx

Well I've had an ok day everyone, have you? Though I haven't heard in 6 days now! Though my weather app says they have snow xx

Ok today's a bad day!! Xxx

Hi I have only just found this group, my fiance is in the RAF so I can totally understand how people are feeling at times. He was away last year on a tour of duty for 4 months, fingers crossed that is his last for a while as I don't think I could deal with another one just yet.

Hope you are all coping at the minute.

Deb xx

debc88 said:
Hi I have only just found this group, my fiance is in the RAF so I can totally understand how people are feeling at times. He was away last year on a tour of duty for 4 months, fingers crossed that is his last for a while as I don't think I could deal with another one just yet.

Hope you are all coping at the minute.

Deb xx

I'm going to knock mine right out when I see him!!!

Got 6 weeks left now, am fed up and seriously can't be bothered now! Just want him home, the longer he's away and just when I thought contact was getting easier it isn't! Not happy x

bevhunter1986 said:
I'm going to knock mine right out when I see him!!!

Got 6 weeks left now, am fed up and seriously can't be bothered now! Just want him home, the longer he's away and just when I thought contact was getting easier it isn't! Not happy x

I can totally sympathise the last few weeks do seem the hardest, at least you have made it through & you can almost see light at the end of the tunnel. Try to keep positive, think of the time at home he will get once he's back. Mine got 1 month off & after about 2 weeks I was ready for him to go back to work hehe x

debc88 said:
I can totally sympathise the last few weeks do seem the hardest, at least you have made it through & you can almost see light at the end of the tunnel. Try to keep positive, think of the time at home he will get once he's back. Mine got 1 month off & after about 2 weeks I was ready for him to go back to work hehe x

To be fair to him today he came online when I asked! I send human ebluey last night kindly asking him to come online!

Hats off to him he made me cry in a good way, and laugh and put all my fears at rest. Man I love the bones of him. Xx

Back