calling any size 16 ladies

i'm 14 stone and im a size 16... im 5ft 4

hi
i find it fascinating how everyone can be different heights and weights and all be a size 16, proves we all carry our weight in different places.
I am 5ft 6 or 7 and weigh 14stone 5lbs at the moment and i am currently wearing size 16 jeans from new look , most of my clothes now are a 16 , but i did buy a skirt last week in tescos which is a 14! As someone else said, i really think the heavy bones thing might be true in some cases as people always guess at me being a 14 rather than a 16
xx

Hi, I'm 5ft 5, and I weigh 12stone 10lbs, I hope to lose 2 stone by end of march/start of April.
Good luck!
mareaxx

I'm 5'4" and 11 stone 10, have to wear size 16 trousers. Am size 14 skirts and dresses and tops though. x

i'm 5ft 5 and weigh 14.4 at the mo and a size 16 bottoms 18 top i seem to be a 16 from top end of 14's to bottom of 13s

I'm 5'1" and 12st6 and a size 16 although my 16 trousers are baggy and the only 16 jeans that fit nicely now are River Island but they start to hang off after 5 minutes wear so I guess I'm a size 15 lol. (I won't wear anything with even a hint of camel toe so won't buy 14's while they are too fitted). As mentioned in a previous thread on bmi, gym assessments show me to have high muscle mass so I tend to weigh heavier than I look. Plus I totally agree with the comments about where you carry it as mine is all stomach downwards so I'm a 14 in dresses as they don't have to squidge over my pot belly like trousers. :)

Hi Nilo,

HellieCopter is right.....I'm usually a 14 and when I went wedding dress shopping the best fit was a size 18! I was devastated, but the woman in the shop says that this is perfectly normal.....

Good tip though....go for a style that laces up at the back as they are more generous than the button ones!!

I am 13 st 6lb and 5' 9" and I am a 14 to 16.....

I wore a size 16 dress for my wedding last May. I'm 5ft 5 and I weighed about 12st 4 or 5lb at the time (not exactly sure because i refused to weigh for a month before the wedding for fear of upsetting myself). I was wearing size 18's on the bottom half but wedding dresses are great for covering up your hips and bum and sucking in everything else.The only alteration my dress needed was around the bust to stop it gaping at the top.

Attachments

• Bride on terrace.jpg
    Bride on terrace.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 38
You look lovely hun, love the dress.
In all honesty i don't think i'll make a size 16 before the wedding, but i will get there eventually. Thanks Girls

Back