CALORIE COUNTING ?

janey70

hi looking for a bit of advice i want to lose some weight ... yet again! ive done weight watchers off and on for years i get so bored of it and want to try something different now , i did try slimming world about 2 yrs ago but struggled to lose hardly anything and found the consultant bit un helpful so stopped going and joined ww again and began losing again but as i said just get bored .
so calorie counting sounds a bit more easier instead of sticking to same old plan .but not sure how many calories i should have a day ? i weigh about 11 stone or just over ,am 41 and 5ft5 , im fairly active i walk at least 40 mins a day but do want to do more exercise but work weird evening hours 3 till 7 pm .
so any advice plzzzzzz
:rolleyes:

I don't find calorie counting boring at all :) I can eat exactly what I like but I just make sure I track everything. Calorie counting teaches good portion control and I think is really helpful in switching to healthy eating habits for the future. I know I'm free to have whatever I want to eat, but know that if I have a 300 calorie chocolate bar then I'll have to seriously cut down on filling foods later and so it helps me to make sensible decisions :)

I don't find calorie counting boring at all :) I can eat exactly what I like but I just make sure I track everything. Calorie counting teaches good portion control and I think is really helpful in switching to healthy eating habits for the future. I know I'm free to have whatever I want to eat, but know that if I have a 300 calorie chocolate bar then I'll have to seriously cut down on filling foods later and so it helps me to make sensible decisions :)

Yes, I enjoy keeping track of the cals too. I even went a little further to make sure that most of my foods had no artificial flavours/colors in them. I'm convinced that they aren't very healthy because they're unnatural. The people at my local supermarket must think I'm crazy for reading all of the packaging all the time, haha.

Back