Calorie intake for maintenance

I have my OH picking me up some 'Salter Digital Scales' from Argos today, only £9.85 and they have some good reviews. My kitchen scales were the old fashioned ones and not accurate. Jeez, I was weighing chicken yesterday and at one time the scales didnt even move with 1 chicken leg on it.........time to bin them I think.

I have my OH picking me up some 'Salter Digital Scales' from Argos today, only £9.85 and they have some good reviews. My kitchen scales were the old fashioned ones and not accurate. Jeez, I was weighing chicken yesterday and at one time the scales didnt even move with 1 chicken leg on it.........time to bin them I think.
Yeh I have to buy myself a good scale myself, I have a cheap plastic one and I'm very sure it is not at all accurate.

Kered- I have those scales- they're very good as you can have your bowl/plate on them, re-set it then add your food so you know exactly what you're eating.

Before LT I cc'ed and used 2 free sites- www.foodfocus.co.uk and www.caloriecount.about.com The second one is american but you can manually input foods & tag them on both sites. Calorie count has this nifty nutritional analysis pie-chart thing that shows your fat/carb/protein intake. They're both updated pretty regularly so should be fairly accurate.

It's certainly going to be a minefield out there, after LT. I'm just going to reduce the amount I eat, cut all junk out except for very rare occasions and start eating s-l-o-w-l-y. AND regular sessions at the gym...that I paid for at the beginning of the year...!!!

Kered- I have those scales- they're very good as you can have your bowl/plate on them, re-set it then add your food so you know exactly what you're eating.

Before LT I cc'ed and used 2 free sites- www.foodfocus.co.uk and www.caloriecount.about.com The second one is american but you can manually input foods & tag them on both sites. Calorie count has this nifty nutritional analysis pie-chart thing that shows your fat/carb/protein intake. They're both updated pretty regularly so should be fairly accurate.

OOOOOhhh like the food focus site - thanks xx

oops

Didn't mean to draw attention to this thread and the mentioning of other useful tools!

Lisa x

Back