Step 1 Sole Source + Cambridge diet

Lostmyagame

Hi I’ve started the Cambridge diet step 2 and am due for my first weigh in tomorrow very nervous as I don’t feel lighter ! but I’ve stuck to the plan for the most part, does it get easier once you see the weight coming off ? Got about 3/4 stone to lose and it feels like forever away till I reach my goal! Please let me know of your success and how you got through 4/5 months of the diet ! Needing the encouragement !

I'm a bit ahead of you. The weight will come off, but prepared to feel tired and worn out for a while. As for taking forever, I feel ya!

I'm just trying to take things a little bit at a time. I'm trying to look forward to mini goals along the way, rather than looking at all the weight I have to lose.

Hi,

I’m on step 1 and had my first weigh in today. I lost 8pounds (yay!). Had a few protein cheat meals and a few G&T’s during the week so I’m pleasantly surprised!
I’m certain you’ll do great!!

congratulations on your weight loss !! Well done!! I only lost 3lb and stuck to the diet completely so a bit disappointed, still a loss is a loss. I know exercise isn’t recommended on this step of the diet but maybe some more walking might help I work in an office so I don’t move around much. Have had a day off yesterday as I had to go for a meal out but chose grilled chicken and salad so stuck with it as much as possible plus I only had one shake, I’m never hungry on this diet so I wonder if I’m actually losing weight!

congratulations on your weight loss !! Well done!! I only lost 3lb and stuck to the diet completely so a bit disappointed, still a loss is a loss. I know exercise isn’t recommended on this step of the diet but maybe some more walking might help I work in an office so I don’t move around much. Have had a day off yesterday as I had to go for a meal out but chose grilled chicken and salad so stuck with it as much as possible plus I only had one shake, I’m never hungry on this diet so I wonder if I’m actually losing weight!
Hi, Well done you!!
To be fair over the first week I had a few gin and tonics and had two meals (just a few pieces of chicken from a mixed grill at an indian). I’ve been going to the gym a few times a week too. I do think the trick is to drink lots of water...which I’ve been terrible at this week!!

When did you start!

I know exercise isn’t recommended on this step of the diet but maybe some more walking might help I work in an office so I don’t move around much.

Definitely walk as much as you can. Don't strain yourself, but do move as much as you can. I know I feel pretty much out of gas the first few weeks on shakes only.

Hi all. Been googling and reading these forums the past two weeks to keep me going through Cambridge diet, thought I’d create an account and join in the chat. I am on day 14, had my second weigh in and I’ve lost 20lbs in two weeks! I’ve stuck religiously to plan, I’m on step 1a sole source and starting week 3 on SS. Will see what my loss is next week before deciding what to do. Xx

Hi I’ve started the Cambridge diet step 2 and am due for my first weigh in tomorrow very nervous as I don’t feel lighter ! but I’ve stuck to the plan for the most part, does it get easier once you see the weight coming off ? Got about 3/4 stone to lose and it feels like forever away till I reach my goal! Please let me know of your success and how you got through 4/5 months of the diet ! Needing the encouragement !

I have lost a stone in 8 weeks and just under 8 inches. My blood sugars have also improved . as a type 2 diabetic this is key for me

Lost my game how are you getting on?

Hi, Dont know if anyone still leaves comments here but gonna give it a try 😌

So i’ve been on Cambridge Diet for 4 months and i ‘ve lost about 39.6lbs but on my 4th month the lose was very slow and i gained about 4.4lbs again .. my stomach is bloated.. i dont knw if this is part of the Cambridge Diet process.. please some advise 🥺

Today my 5th month has started and i still got 3.7stones to lose.

So i’ve been on Cambridge Diet for 4 months and i ‘ve lost about 39.6lbs but on my 4th month the lose was very slow and i gained about 4.4lbs again .. my stomach is bloated.. i dont knw if this is part of the Cambridge Diet process.. please some advise 🥺

Hi naz
Well done on you weight loss. I've just started back on the diet last sunday I find the weight comes off a bit slower with the new products. Are you doing solesource? The last time I was on the diet I lost 6 stone what I found was when I felt a bit more comfortable I started walking. Little ones at first then gradually longer walks once my fitness got better so did the weight loss and energy levels.

Hi naz
Well done on you weight loss. I've just started back on the diet last sunday I find the weight comes off a bit slower with the new products. Are you doing solesource? The last time I was on the diet I lost 6 stone what I found was when I felt a bit more comfortable I started walking. Little ones at first then gradually longer walks once my fitness got better so did the weight loss and energy levels.

hi,

wow 6stones thats great 👍🏼 how long did it u to lose 6 stones?

i’m having one bar a day and 2.
thank You for replying back. ☺️

hi,

wow 6stones thats great 👍🏼 how long did it u to lose 6 stones?

i’m having one bar a day and 2.
thank You for replying back. ☺
It only took 6 months but I was in my 20s then! So here I am now back where I started ten years older plus 2 kids later and have one week done this sunday. You are doing amazing every time you get on the scales it's a win. there were some weeks I wouldn't lose anything or even gain a pound even though I'd stick to it 100% dont lose heart just follow your steps and drink lots of water. Your doing great as my husband says to me you didn't get this way overnight so to expect to lose it overnight

Amazing loss - well done!! I also find the Cambridge products give me a bloated stomach.

If your loss has slowed have you tried the lower-calorie Cambridge products? The higher calorie ones are called Sole Source, the lower calorie ones are called Total Diet Replacement. Your consultant will stock both.

There are fewer flavour choices on Total Diet Replacement but there are still shakes and bars and soups, and they taste pretty much the same as the Sole Source ones.

If you’re having three products a day you’d save around 750 calories a week by switching, which might speed things up again.

Amazing loss - well done!! I also find the Cambridge products give me a bloated stomach.

If your loss has slowed have you tried the lower-calorie Cambridge products? The higher calorie ones are called Sole Source, the lower calorie ones are called Total Diet Replacement. Your consultant will stock both.

There are fewer flavour choices on Total Diet Replacement but there are still shakes and bars and soups, and they taste pretty much the same as the Sole Source ones.

If you’re having three products a day you’d save around 750 calories a week by switching, which might speed things up again.
Not sure if your consultant told you this but after 12 weeks, you need to be off plan, either go up steps or just get off completely to shake things, OTHERWISE there is plateau. I lost 28 kg in 3-4 months but took some time off in between, my weight dropped consistently. You will get there especially now with the TDR being there.. Good luck

Not sure if your consultant told you this but after 12 weeks, you need to be off plan, either go up steps or just get off completely to shake things, OTHERWISE there is plateau. I lost 28 kg in 3-4 months but took some time off in between, my weight dropped consistently. You will get there especially now with the TDR being there.. Good luck
Hey,

even my sister told me about getting off but my consultant didnt say anything abt it .. i’ve finished my 5th month but lost just 20kgs .. how long do i have to be off .. and what to eat while im off ?? PLEASE DO TELL 🙏🏼 Its getting hard for me but i still wanna do it properly. 🥺

Hello all,

I just started the Cambridge diet on Saturday (I'm currently on day 4) and I have a few questions please.

I noticed the Carb content in each meal is >20g. How does one still attain ketosis while have this amount of carbs 3 times a day?

I look forward to your replies please.

Back