Cambridge Vs Lighter Life

Cambridge is 40 pound lighter life 77 or something a week! U go to a class on lighter life on Cambridge you go to some ones house who is qualified to sell it instead xx

Lighter Life is the same as Sole Source on Cambridge and also Sole Source Plus if you add the small meal in. It is more expensive because You pay extra for the hour of 'therapy' that you have to complete each week.

The other difference that I'm aware of is that it doesn't have the 'steps' programme to maintenance.

lauren-1986 said:
Lighter Life is the same as Sole Source on Cambridge and also Sole Source Plus if you add the small meal in. It is more expensive because You pay extra for the hour of 'therapy' that you have to complete each week.

The other difference that I'm aware of is that it doesn't have the 'steps' programme to maintenance.

Lighter Life or Cambridge doesn't have the steps programme?

I haven't done Lighter Life but I have done and I am currently doing Cambridge. Cambridge is cheaper per week than Lighter Life and Cambridge does have different steps and you can start off on a higher calorie plan and work your way down to the Sole Source which is entirely a meal replacement of a combination of milkshakes, soups and porrdige. After the intial 2 weeks of SS you can have a bar. SS+ means you can have 4 Cambridge products or 3 products and 200ml of milk and a food from a list of less than 200cals.

The is no group attendance to go to and you see your Consulant at least once a week and depending on how they are discuss your plan etc.

Lighter Life my understanding is that you attend and group session to discuss food issues how to deal with them etc. a type of counselling sesssion. These "counsellors" are not to my knowledge medically trained but neither are the Cambridge ones.

The way my Cambridge Consultant put it is that losing weight is a very private thing - so it depends on how you feel about talking these issues through in an open group or whether you prefer to have a one to one session with a Cambridge consultant. I hear for some the LL sessions are very helfpul

My view is you choose which method you prefer and presumably cost comes in to it for many of us. Either plan you choose you could still gain all the lose weight back unless you do maintenance properly and change lifestyle. I have learn this the hard way having done Cambridge successfully once in 2008 and then in 2009 and spent 2010 and 2011 struggling to try and do it again! I am so far managing on SS+ but this will be my last attempt on a vlcd because I need to tackle my relationship with food and have control.

Hope some of that helps.

Well I thought they both had some kind of refeeding programme? May be wrong I've only ever done Cambridge. Cambridge is cheaper and you dont have to do it in a group - One to one with your own councillor who usually has done the diet themselves! :D

LL does have a refeeding programe - RTM I believe its done over a period of 4 weeks or so. Never having done LL Im not sure of the ins and outs but it definitely has a refeed plan :)

I think most vlcd's would have a refeed plan given that one cannot stay on them long term. They just refer to them in different ways. There are of course other vlcd's such as Exante, Slim & Save, Lipotrim and the American one Medifast and probably a few others I haven't even heard of!

Anyway, should you try on of these plans Davey I wish to all the best!

i have to say i love cambridge in so many ways it fits entirely and comfortably into my lifestyle.
i have never ever seen the diet as deprivation and my CDC is lovely. i also like the fact i dont have to sit in a meeting with a group of other people and go thru the motions and clap when someone looses a 1lb lol -

im lucky in a way as my cdc is so approachable can always text her or pop in if i need anything i also love the fact its personal to you and its all 1-2-1

definately the best descion i ever made and certainly wouldnt look at another way to diet.
hope that helps
V x

fairly sure Lighterlife's refeed programme is 12 weeks, i read the other day.

I have done both, apparently the packs for LL are made at the Cambridge factory and pretty much identical. Having done both there are only 2 differences as far as I can see/tell.

1. Cambridge is much cheaper, almost half the price
2. You don't have to attend a weekly group counselling session

Having done both I much prefer CD.

Good luck with whichever you choose :)
x

Hiya I did LL last year it is everything that people have mentioned the counselling session can be very useful, the counsellors are not medically trained but mine was fab at carrying out the CBT!

There was never any happy clappy sessions if you wished to share your loss it was never done during the counselling! So there was no pressure on losing more or less than anyone else.

The refeed programme used to be 12 weeks but it is now over a period of 8 however if you chose to stay on a particular week such as cheese for a couple if weeks you could, that was to ensure you have that food item under control. Hope that makes sense! Xx

Back