Cami's Weight Loss Diary... stage 3! The final countdown!

Camilan

Hello!

I have used a food diary on here before when i was on a different plan and a different stage of my weight loss and found it really helpful so have decided to start one again.

A bit about me and my journey so far......

I started my weight loss journey at 23st 3lb. I felt worthless, ugly, undesirable, i was depressed. I was in a loveless marriage with 3 great kids, studying full time at university (he came in handy for childcare that's about it lol), i stayed with my husband for as long as i did as i didn't feel i would be able to do any better!!! I first discovered SW in 1996, i lost 6st and started to feel confident, he didn't like that. He became jealous and over protective (i now know he was controlling!). I became pregnant when i was at my lightest and the weight piled back on. If i ever tried to diet after that he would stick by me until he could see i was actually doing well then would start bringing home cakes, sweets and biscuits and i couldn't resist.

In Feb 2009 I found out he was having an affair with a mutual friend of ours.. For the sake of the children and because i didn't know how i would cope being on my own... with the children... with doing my university course... we tried to make things work.

Not quite sure what happened to me.... but i decided in January 2010 that i had enough, that i was actually worth more than that. So i told him to leave.

The following week i went through my cupboard and secret stashes and threw it away! I ate sensibly and by the July i had lost just under 5 stone, weighing in at 17st 12lb and was feeling amazing. In Sept i met my amazing man
:) my confidence was soaring and i actually made the first move!!!! OMG!!!! In the Oct we became a proper couple ;) and my weight loss stopped :rolleyes:

In Sept 2012 my partner (who is in the Navy) was being deployed for the first time since i met him, he was going for 3 months. My weight had crept up to 18.8 and i decided to try the Cambrige diet as i wanted a quick fix, i wanted to surprise him when he came home plus my graduation was at the end of Nov! By the time my man got home i weighed in at 15.1 :) his face at the airport was a picture!!! I felt amazing!!!

I did lose a bit more, getting down to 14.7 but have had some health issues and felt it difficult to get back onto it after a break so have now started at Slimming World (again lol... always go back to it :)) today i weigh 15.3 i want to lose about another 3 stone. I did start back there a couple of weeks ago. I lost 3lb (which i was chuffed about as went from Cambridge one week, sensibly ate for one week then straight onto SW), i then couldn't make the next weigh in but went back last night and have put the 3lb back on! I had forgotten i had a few social functions to go to so in hindsight maybe shouldn't have started until last night.

BUT i am on it 100% from this morning. I am writing it all down, my milk is measured out for the day. I am pretty old school on the diet so am used to the red and green day plans but today i have decided to try the extra easy. So far so good, have had a good read of the book to try and get my head around it better. I know from previously doing this diet that i need to stay to class and to not stick to the same food, i need variety and to try out new recipes.

I have two targets that i want to reach, the first one is to get my BMI below 30 and the second it to get to 12st. Once at 12st i will re-evaluate and see how i feel.

Here are few pics of me on my journey...

First one is of me in January 2010 at my heaviest

23st 3lb

Fatme1.jpg

17st 12lb

PC041914.jpgIMG_0586.JPG

15st 1lb

Picture of me 3.pngNow1.jpg

I look at these pics when i am feeling like a need a bit of a kick up the ass... especially the first one.

Well that's me... congrats if you're still awake lol!!!

I hope everyone is doing well on their journey and for those just starting out .. good luck :)

xxx

Well day 1 is nearly over and i've done alright!!! Have had 9 1/2 syns and have eaten loads. Just hoping i'm doing this extra easy right lol!!! Feeling really positive. Am working all weekend so have lots of salad bits to take with me. So bring it on! x

Hi Camilan

So inspired by your photos - I started out last week at 23 stone 2 lbs and seeing your pictures has made me realise that it will be worth it! I just hope I look as good as you when I've lost as much as you! I started SW last week so am still getting to grips with it, but loving the 9lb loss I had the first week!

Enjoy all the superfree food, I've eaten loads (and I mean LOADS) in the last week or so and can't believe I've lost any weight at all. It's a great plan!

Sandra

Back