Camping food

Hules

Silver Member
Just to introduce myself before I hopefully pick your brains :) I'm a weight watchers veteran back for the umpteenth time doing discover which is what I feel most comfortable doing (have tried pp, just not for me and I know discover so well).

Anyway, I was actually struggling to cut down on snacks, the unnutritional types like crisps. And not losing as well as I think I can. I was browsing the ww section of minimins and came across you lot :). After reading lots of the diaries I had a bit of a light bulb moment where I thought I could try a discover version of simply filling, either core our no-count. So that's what I did :D I've been following it for 6 days now and I'm really loving it! I'm really listening to my body and stopping when I feel satisfied, I've never been able to do that before. It feels like a really healthy way to eat.

So as core is pretty much simply filling I was wondering I'd anyone had any suggesting about what meals I could have/prepare when camping? I'm off to the Peak District with my cousin and our kids for 3 nights. I'm actually really worried about it. Well be out most days and I'll try my best to make good choices for lunch, and breakfast is fine, however, I really want to plan for the evening meal to be simply filling to limit the damage. It also needs to be simple (only got a stove thingy and no fridge) and it has to be kid friendly.

Hope you can help and thanks for all the inspiration so far :D x

Last edited:
i go away in my camper alot and have three gas rings and manage really well, have you got one or two ?

i wld guess you are taking a cook box so what i would do is make a couple of meals and freeze them before going, then you can use these as ice blocks to keep everything else cool:

you cld make something (to freeze) like:

chilli with pasta with wholewheat pasta in it, if you have two rings u cld take brown rice separately
spaghetti bolgnaise with" " if two rings take spaghetti separate
spanish chicken made with tomatoes, paprika,onions, veg of choice and " "
curry " "

to eat on 1st night (do not freeze) fajita chicken, in separate bag take prepared onions & peppers in a bag, then you can cook it on one ring and take ww wraps (free on sf) to serve, heat through on sausepan lid or
chicken stir fry, take it all prepared so you just have to put it in the pan to cook
a spanish omelette with salad and preboiled new potatoes & salad

hope thats given you a few ideas x

Thank you so much for these ideas Sammi, I am taking a cool box (might need a bigger one) and adouble burner (up to 4 as my cousin might take one too). So I could definitely do that. Spag bol is a good one. As are wraps (though I don't know if they're free on core). And I could definitely get the strict together for an omelette I'll get my thinking cap on for stuff I can freeze.

Thanks loads.

ur welcome :) ooh you will be laughing even if you have two gas rings, its amazing what you can make on the stove top, core is like sf isn't it ? id have the wraps but just remember to stop eating when full ;) i will private message you a link x

Back