can any1 offer some help and advice?

kay2007

hi, im kayleigh im thinking of joining the lighter life programme but i am wondering where you get the food from and how much it costs? also ow much do the meetings cost?
thanks

welcomeline.gif

Hello and welcome to Minimins :wavey:

If you go to www.lighterlife.co.uk you can contact a counsellor through the website (I believe). It costs £66 per week, and this includes CBT (behavioural therapy). I think that's the whole cost, but hopefully an LLer will be along shortly to help you :)

wow lol £66 a week i duno bout that lol im saving for a wedding happening in june we have just got a mortage nw house and i have a child i dont think i can strech that far! awww i really need to loose it 2!! i was always thin til i started my periods n i crnt loose it since i have tried everythin!

Hiya
Welcome to Minis :D

Dq is right! Go to the link she gave you, and on the 'find a counsellor' link you'll be able to see where your nearest one is. You can either email, or I think it gives the telephone number as well...

Once you get in contact with the counsellor they will invite you along to an information session, where you will be shown an introduction dvd, and any questions you have will be answered. You will be given a form to take to your doctor, if you decide you want to go ahead, it's just a basic medical form, for him/her to fill in. Once you have that signed and given the all clear, you will be able to start the programme. to follow the lighterlife programme you have to have 3stones or more to lose.

Hope thats helped
geri
x

Hi Kay

It's as DQ and Geri have said --- I just wanted to wish you good luck. If you do decide to do a VLCD (very low calorie diet) you'll see the weight fall off you and you'll be at your goal weight before very long.

Keep in touch and let us know whether you choose to do it.

Cath

wow £66 a week! i dont think i can strech that far! i am saving for a weddng which is happening in june myself and my partner have just bought a house adnd to top things off we have a child!! i was gettin really excited then!! thinkin this was my answer to all my problems!
thanks for yor help girls but it dont luk lyk im joining!

There are other VLCDs out there including Lipotrim which you do through your local pharmacy, and it's always worth doing a google to see if it's available near where you :)

There is also the Cambridge diet - check out Cambridge Diet home page to see if there is a counsellor near you :)

If LL is too much for you, why not try Cambridge? I am not sure of the weekly fee, but think its around £35? LL is more expensive because of the therapy (which I think is fantastic BTW!), but as I understand it both diets are very similar.

Good luck to you whatever you choose, and also lots and lots of luck for your wedding!!

Kay you could try Cambridge Diet - that's about £33 I think, it works on the same lines as LL but you don't get the counselling - the people doing it still have the same fantastic weight losses.

Cath

wow £66 a week! i dont think i can strech that far! i am saving for a weddng which is happening in june myself and my partner have just bought a house adnd to top things off we have a child!! i was gettin really excited then!! thinkin this was my answer to all my problems!
thanks for yor help girls but it dont luk lyk im joining!

I know it seems like a lot, but I was spending at least £80 a week on food and alcohol and coffee before I started. Sometimes even more :eek:. To be honest if you are looking to lose the weight and be through the management process by June LL is not the right programme for you. But there's no harm in talking to a counsellor. Also - Cambridge might be the answer.

hi, im not wanting to loose it all by june i know ive got no chance of that lol i am looking to loose around 7lb by june! mor if i can lol i will look in2 the cambridge diet if i can find it lol
thanks

Try this link...
Cambridge Diet home page

Best of luck. 7 lbs by June is very managable, but I am curious... Do you have a BMI over 30, or more than 3 stone to lose? If not, then LL would not be the answer any way. Maybe Slimming World or a similar group would be your "thing"?

Good luck anyway.:)

hi, yes i have more than 3 stone to loose i wud be happy if i lost 3 stone but i want 2 loose aroun 5stone in total
thanks for the link!

You can also try lipotrim which is again very similar but you access it through a pharmacy rather than an independent counsellor. Only certain pharmacies do it but you can find a list on their homepage lipotrim web page. I'm doing lighter life but my mum is doing lipotrim beacuse she couldn't afford LL either. You can also do maintenance programmes on Lipotrim where you have one meal a day and purchase less food replacement packs, you still lose weight but more gradually. I think Cambridge do this kind of plan as well but I'm more familiar with lipotrim. Try chatting to some people on the lipotrim and cambridge forums.

Wishing you all the best!

Gemma x

I have found that I have saved a lot of money since starting LL, more than the £66. I am not buying food for me, not snacking, buying lunch at work etc. and not buying clothes, cos I'm waiting till I'm thin!

Back