Green Days Can anybody advise...

JMcK said:
Hi, I've been trying to have more Green days too as when I joined SW I only did EE days at first, but was pleased to discover that you can have more HEBs on Green days - the only problem is when I start off having a Green day and then my boyfriend decides he doesn't want a veggie tea it throws my plans out and I have to syn it! (To be fair he is very good most of the time and cooks me SW meals and likes all the SW stuff I cook for him!)

You can make dinners green friendly whilst still feeding OH meat, for example say chicken biryani - I make it without the chicken but then marinate some chicken and grill/fry for OH and add it to his once dished up.

Thanks guys, yes that's a good way to do it - I'm also partly trying to do Green/veggie days at the moment though because I'm on a very tight budget (I'm a student nurse and something has gone wrong with my bursary/student loan payments!) So when the OH wanted chicken arrabiata the other day instead of plain, I made him buy the chicken! :-D

Any day meal Quorn for the meat eaters - I was converted! Syn free

Hi all. I always stick to Extra Easy, as that's all I've ever known. However, I've just noticed that my food diary for today contains no meat at all, so is it technically a green day, rather than extra easy? Here's what I'm having/have had:

Breakfast:
- Apple, pineapple and strawberries
- 5 x Oat Bran (HExB)

Lunch:
- Speed soup
- Carrot sticks
- Greggs' natural yogurt with raspberry and granola (5.5 Syns)
- Rocky Road HiFi Light (3 Syns)

Dinner:
- Pasta with peppers, red onion, mushrooms and chopped tomatoes. Topped with cheese (HExA)

Other:
- 2 x Rocky Road HiFi Light (6 Syns)
- Cadbury Highlights Hot Chocolate (2 Syns)

If this is a green day, can I count the 2 HiFi Lights as my second HExB? Or have I totally got the wrong end of the stick? Any advice/explanation would be massively appreciated! Thanks in advance x

I am a meat eater but struggle to lose weight and keep portion sizes interesting. A friend of mine also on slimming world told me to try Quorn. I took the plunge - it looked awful, I carried on following all of the advice read. Season well, I used chilli, garlic, herbs, Worcester sauce and seasoning..... The result was ok but not great.

I divided mixture into 4 good size meals, the first 3 I ate as prepared above the last portion I added a bit if fajita spice (discovery) medium to and it was delicious!! Such a difference. I really enjoyed it so much so that I have just bought my next lot of Quorn.

Be prepared to experiment you may surprise yourself.

If you are interested in calories 300gms divided into 4 meals is only 70 per meal just add calories of added ingredients. As I am following slimming world plan I don't count calories, I always look at them out of curiosity.

I hope this helps.

I am a meat eater but struggle to lose weight and keep portion sizes interesting. A friend of mine also on slimming world told me to try Quorn. I took the plunge - it looked awful, I carried on following all of the advice read. Season well, I used chilli, garlic, herbs, Worcester sauce and seasoning..... The result was ok but not great.

I divided mixture into 4 good size meals, the first 3 I ate as prepared above the last portion I added a bit if fajita spice (discovery) medium to and it was delicious!! Such a difference. I really enjoyed it so much so that I have just bought my next lot of Quorn.

Be prepared to experiment you may surprise yourself.

If you are interested in calories 300gms divided into 4 meals is only 70 per meal just add calories of added ingredients. As I am following slimming world plan I don't count calories, I always look at them out of curiosity.

I hope this helps.

I'm a big fan of Quorn too, you can cook it with pretty much any sauce - one of my favourites is Quorn fillets with SW chip shop curry sauce and SW chips!

Ew quorn, makes me very sick!!!!! Never again, got an intollerance to it :(

I really don't like Quorn mince or Quorn fillets, but I am quite partial to Quorn peppered steaks, "chicken" nuggets and the odd Quorn sausage! I'm hooked on Red/Green days now - it's very rare that I ever do EE these days! Thanks to everyone for the great advice as always!

I love my red and green days, though at tea time yesterday I realised we were actually having an ee day and I hadnt really planned it that way. Had to syn my Alpens though as I had porridge for breakfast :(

I LOVE green days!! Knew you would love them if you tried Stevie. Never done a red day though.

I love the quorn chicken nuggets but from tesco you can get dippers, they're 1/2 syn aswell, but bigger! Also if you're wanting to try the linda mcartney rosemary and red onion sausages, tesco have them for £1 at the min. I got 6 boxes!

Back