Can anyone advise me? Pretty please!

Hi everyone,
I have lost weight on slimming world (I lost 5st ish) but I have put on 2st ish and now I'm 14st 2lbs. I'm 5f 7"...I'd like to calorie count now, I like to cook and can look calorie values up online, also a lot of my cookbooks show the calorie content anyway. My question is, how do I know how many calories to cut down too?

From everyone's experience, is it better to cut down and then cut down again when the weight loss slows down? Or should I start at a calorie amount and stick there?

And one more question for anyone who has time to answer! I have big sweet tooth and was considering completely avoiding sugary things (except fruit because i love it too much) for a few week in the hope I break my craving....does this mean that when i allow myself some chocolate my body will cling to it? Or will it be ok to cut it out and then eat a little piece again in a week or so?

If anyone could help I will reeeeally appreciate it! If I can help anyone else out I'd love too :)

Thank you xxx

Well the minimum daily intake without being under medical supervision is stated in various places to be 1200Kcal. Being as you're medium height (can I assume you're female as it doesn't show in your post?) you should lose weight pretty well on that. But if you want to lose weight more slowly, you'd better find one of the many calculators online and enter all your details and it will tell you how many calories you need to maintain your current weight. After that you just subtract 500Kcal per day for each pound per week you want to lose.

For plain calorie counting it makes no difference whether the calories are from chocolate or lettuce - though obviously you'll want to eat mainly healthy food rather than sweets!

Hi everyone,
I have lost weight on slimming world (I lost 5st ish) but I have put on 2st ish and now I'm 14st 2lbs. I'm 5f 7"...I'd like to calorie count now, I like to cook and can look calorie values up online, also a lot of my cookbooks show the calorie content anyway. My question is, how do I know how many calories to cut down too?

From everyone's experience, is it better to cut down and then cut down again when the weight loss slows down? Or should I start at a calorie amount and stick there?

And one more question for anyone who has time to answer! I have big sweet tooth and was considering completely avoiding sugary things (except fruit because i love it too much) for a few week in the hope I break my craving....does this mean that when i allow myself some chocolate my body will cling to it? Or will it be ok to cut it out and then eat a little piece again in a week or so?

If anyone could help I will reeeeally appreciate it! If I can help anyone else out I'd love too :)

Thank you xxx

check out www.myfitnesspal.com
easy way to keep track of your calories a lot of foods are alredy on there im finding it really usefull and very eay to use.

Thank you so much!!

Thanks so much everyone that is really helpful, I've just joined myfitnesspal and I'm also going to try this calorie cycling thing which I'd never heard of before so thanks for that tip!

I also think I'll use the advice to avoid sweet things for 3 weeks, I did this for a few weeks once before and kind of lost interest in cakes and chocolate for a while so hopefully that will happen again. Thank you so much to all of you for your help, I really appreciate it xxxx:)

Never heard of cycling, that sounds very interesting for me as i have bad days when i am at home and i am much better on work days, think i will give it a try.
x

Back