Can anyone help...

Cuddily mum

Hi i was just wondering if anyone knows roughly how much you need to lose to go down a size..

The reason i ask is i am a size 24 now can fit into a size 22 but it is tight and would love to be a 18 by christmas, 16 would be fab to shock the family but i think unrealistic..

Can anyone help....

For me it seems to be about a stone a size, if not 1.5st per size but everyone is different hun x

Umm, I think it depends on your height, I've heard anything from 10lbs to 1.5stone, so it's probably pretty individual.

Good Luck! xxx

ps my thread called 'Does anyone remember...' has a bit of a guide in it, from some women talking about musical theatre on another forum hth.

Thanks rainbow bright and liberty girl, i thought it would be a pretty individual thing. Will have to wait and see i have noticed just this week my trousers seem baggy around my bum but sure thats just in my head lol x

no it isnt just in ya head they are!! you may find you are in between sizes so wont be long before you into 22 then but i think you can do it as i know how much running around you do. xx

Thank you madhouse mum.. you saying my bum is'nt looking as big lol x Thanks hun

on another diet it took me 3 stone to drop a size, when i went for a shower b4 i just had to try on my size 22's, i got them on and fastened them but i rekon in about another couple of weeks they will be perfect fit. so i to must be between sizes, at the mo my pants fall down and i look like a scruff lol.

I know how you feel Charlene :) My mum had to donate a pair of size 14 jeans because mine were falling off me and made it look like I had a really weird shaped bum lol. I've been told they're only on loan though which suits me fine as I'll be out of them in a few weeks anyway! (hopefully) lol x

glad i am not the only one who feels like a scruff sometimes x

Far from it doll :) x

Hi Cuddily, it is very individual and I think it also depends where you carry your weight. I'm a typical apple and started about a size 22/24 (but I did wear elasticated waist trousers so was wearing 18 and 20 coz my hips are and were still in size 14 M&S knickers!) it's probably why I kidded myself I wasn't the fatty I really was! Anyway I am nearly (maybe there depending on tomorrows WI) 6 stone down and in a 16 now. That is only 3 or 4 sizes.

Work on anything from 1 to 2 stone a size. With almost 4 months till Christmas and an average of a stone a month you could be anything from 2 to 4 sizes down.

Good luck.

x

Thank you cuddlyfairy i will just keep going and see what happens x

Well i started at a size 24, 5'6" and so far iv lost 18.5lbs (1st 4.5lbs) and i can put on a size 20 trouser but its a little tight still. So hopefully by next week the size 20 will fit nicely. Hope this helps

Hun, i started at 17.8 and im now 11.9 and gone from a size 26 to a size 16 since end of april.Hope this helps
x

i think that it depends how much exercise you do. Exercise really shapes your body, im now 15lbs lighter and ive lost 15lbs thru WW and exercise before and looked far thinner than i do now. It really is worth doing a bit of exercise. i only have the energy now so im back to Contours this week and swimming. It should make a drastic change to my clothes size

Back