Can anyone recommend a good workout DVD?

miss jelly tot

CWP Consultant
Hello:D Has anyone got a fitness DVD that doesn't feel like boring exercise? I have a salsa one I really get on with but looking to buy a dance DVD (maybe) with good music to sing along too. Thanks

Hi -

I posted last night about a dance cardio workout by Tracy Anderson. It's simply called 'The Tracy Anderson Method'. She's Madonna's and Gwyneth Paltrow's personal trainer and I think it'll be a good workout.

The thing is, it's a bit tricky - she breaks the 8 routines down easily enough, but the speed you do it at is faster than expected. I looked and felt a right twit doing it for the first few attempts. But, I only did routine 1 and 2 and after much concentration I kept up with her!

Another good one is Dan Karaty's 'Hot Pants' DVD - that's really fun :)

x

I have the Davina one too and it IS good. But it's less dancey than the two I said (I suggested those as they are more dance based).

DO NOT get the Pascha dance workout ones - absolutely poo x

Thanks sticky and Maid. I have another of Davina's and I like her but the music isn't very good. I like to sign along, but the dog isn't too fond x

I have Letitia Dean and Jayne Torville's new dvds ~ I must say I prefer Letitia's ~ Jayne's would have more dance moves which I'm not so keen on but you might like. Claire from Steps dvd is supposed to be really good, haven't tried it though xx

I might try the steps one. Actually I might go to the library and try them all before I buy:D

I have the steps one. It is good but its quite tricky to get the hang of...its very quick and the instructor doesn't really explain the moves. Once you get it though its a real sweaty workout!! (and if you're really sad like me, and you have enough breath you can sing a few cheesy steps songs as you go!)

I've read that Letitia Dean's DVD is a good workout, and I have always read good reviews for Davina McCall's too - and seeing her on Big Brother last night her figure is amazing so if she uses her own DVD it speaks for itself....

I use Rosemary Conleys salsa one, but you have that already. The other one I like is the box set from Oz aerobics which has 6 workouts for about £10. It has a wicked belly dance one,you can't half feel your hips and abs next day!

Ive got the Claire Sweeney one, Im following SW and she is doing WW but the workout is good especially if you are busy as you can pick and choose how long you want to exercise and on what area.....you have encouraged me to blow the dust off my copy now.....going to start tomorrow:)

Got the Oz aerobics one from Amazon tt the postage is free. It has yoga, pilates heat in your feet,swiss ball,fat burner and the said bellydance (for beginners) They are a minimum of 55mins and the ball and yoga ones 86 mins (haven't watched those yet)

omg i love the mynestry of sound workout it is the 2002 version with call on me song i love it i have the newer version ones but always go back to this one. xxxx

Back