Can anyone tell me the syn value help

slimlinetonic

I run loads and I run ten miles or more and I am finding I really need a energy shot through my runs, my partner runs miles and says I should use energy gels the problem is I have lost 12 stone still have 7 to go and I do not know the syn value to the gels.
One serving 30mls has 80 cals, carbs 20g that's it nothing else, does anyone know how I work out the syn value? . Plz help.

20 cals is 1 syn i believe so 4 syns? x

Ohh i dont know sorry. xx

no unfortunately those kinds of things do not get an free food allowance. So it will be 1 syn for 20 calories.

only time other parts of nutritional information is taken into account is when it has a free food allowance. For instance a turkey breast in sauce or a chicken salad.

the first listed ingredient must be a free food, and that is what you select for your free food allowance before entering the nutritional information into the syns calculator.

every thing else is straight forward 1 syn for every 20 calories

Why not just have a banana or two? These energy drinks/supplements/shakes are really just a gimmick and you don't need them unless you are a serious athlete. You get around 11g of carbs in an average banana and they are syn free.

Back