Can I be your new best fat friend?

kellythepeg

Silver Member
Hi Ladies (and Gentlemen?? I’m new!)

Today is my first day, please be nice. I’m not really too sure what I’m doing or how to navigate myself around this place – any tips would be very much welcome!!

I’ll start at the beginning – 3 years ago (Feb 09 - almost to the day!) I weighed 16st 6lbs. I’d battled with my weight all my life but never really had enough motivation to shed the massive amount of weight I had to lose (a couple of pounds here and there..you know the drill!) and I wasn’t overly-educated about the “right” and “wrong” kind of foods (I thought eating tuna and cucumber sandwiches – half a tub of mayo included – was a really healthy lunch.. so healthy infact, I’d often have 2! But this time was different – I was 20 years old, I’d just started University and for the first time I really felt like I could do it (it probably helped that I never had enough money to buy mountains of food!).. and I did! I lost nearly 4 and a half stone in 9 months and felt absolutely phenomenal (I know a lot of people say “JUST losing weight won’t make you happy”… but I was really frikkin happy!!).

THEN, my newly slender 12st 1lb (September 09) self only went out and fell in love. Head over heels in undying love. Now, this thing they call “love weight”.. it’s true! It happens! We ate out, we cooked, every where we went and every thing we did involved….EATING!!!! For a while I was fine, I’d put a pound on here and a pound on there, but still being in the 12’s felt great (please remember here that I was used to seeing the number 16 on the scales) and it didn’t phase me!

Then I hit the 13’s..

Then the 14’s..

And then.. (December 2011)

The dreaded 15’s!!! NOOOO!!! :eek:

Given that I’m no longer in that massive fatty relationship (my partner could eat and eat and never gain a single pound!! A word springs to mind – I won’t post it here out of fear of being booted off this lovely website) this weigh-in was like a massive slap in the face! I felt very angry at myself and cried for a few days (ish. not really. kind of) (this story has a happy ending…..I hope!!???)

NOW, I am very happy to announce that I jumped on the scales this morning (and every other morning since December, I’m not going to lie!) and it showed 14st 6lbs :D Still a long way to go but I did it once, I know I can do it again! And it feels the same…the sense of motivation and not even craving bad foods because I prefer the feeling of knowing I’ve had a really good day – and the scales will show it!

I guess I’m here for a bit of support. I chuffed it all up last time, I can’t let myself do it again. I’m 23 and I don’t want to spend any more of my 20’s having to squeeze into Bridget Jones pants and desperately raiding Primark’s shelves for a half decent TANkini. I want a BIkini, damn it!!! :mad:

I want to feel happy again – I want to be back where I was in the summer of 09, but what I’d really, REALLY like is to be 11st 5lbs (the highest weight I can possibly be to fall under “ideal” and not “overweight” or “OBESE!!!!!” on my BMI scale – depressing!)

Best of luck to everyone, please get in touch!!

Lots of love

Me xx

:)

Welcome to the forum :D

Good luck for your weight loss journey, you can do this!!

What plan are you going to follow?

xxx

Good luck on your journey, as you said you've done it once you can do it again :)

Michele x

Welcome to the forum :D

Good luck for your weight loss journey, you can do this!!

What plan are you going to follow?

xxx

Hi Jadey :)

Thank you - I hope so!!

I joined slimming world about a year ago - although I'm no longer a slimming world member, I picked up plenty of lifestyle choices, hints and tips along the way. Pretty much bog standard healthy eating is my way forward methinks!!

Seems to be working so far - had a bit of a naughty weekend and still another pound down!! :) Though I'm starting to wonder if I trust my scales ha ha..I'm going shopping after work tonight and might treat myself (treat?!) to a new pair.. really, REALLY hope I don't jump on them and get a shock..this is a genuine concern(unless its a good shock!!)..wish me luck!!

What plan do you follow? How well are you doing so far?

Love

Me xx

Hi, I love your sense of humour and have enjoyed reading your post, I'm following Weight Watchers as it's worked for me in the past, good luck on your plan. I look forward to hearing how you are getting on, where will you post on a regular basis so I can catch up with you.
Ruth

Good luck with your weight loss! You can do it :) and on days you feel like you can't this website is amazing! I lost weight at uni too. Down to 10 stone 9. Amazing. One break up later. New relationship. Ballooned to 14 stone! And now it's going down again

Keep at it :D and do it for you :) x

I laughed reading your post, I don't mean that in a bad way either! If you've done this before, you can definitely do it again hun :) all the best, looking forward to hearing updates from you as well x

Welcome and good luck with the dieting, I know exactly how you feel about being new, I'm struggling with getting around the site, and frequently have to enlist the help of my daughter.

Hello, just wanted to say welcome from another relatively newbie to the forum! Good luck and like others have said, if you've done it before, then you know you can do it again!

There are so many different types of diet out there, but there's loads of info on the site. Find one that suits your lifestyle, and as long as you stick to it, you'll get there (easier said than done, I know!)

Last year I was o cambridge, reached my goal and have put on 2.5 stone since then! Back in the mindset of losing it now though

Alan

Good luck, from one constant dieter to another!
I do wish people weren't eating fish and chips in the office today....

I'm looking deep into my crystal ball and, my dear thininthere friend, definitely see a bikini in your future. Yes, and a dang hot one at that!

Actually, there's quite a crowd of bikini beauties running around in that lovely crystal globe!

Hi, I love your sense of humour and have enjoyed reading your post, I'm following Weight Watchers as it's worked for me in the past, good luck on your plan. I look forward to hearing how you are getting on, where will you post on a regular basis so I can catch up with you.
Ruth

Hello there Ruth!

He he - so glad you enjoyed! I'm finally getting into the swing of things here..I've set up my own diary!

http://www.minimins.com/weight-loss-diary/258343-if-first-you-dont-succeed-my-big-fat-diary.html

Look forward to seeing you there!! :) xx

Good luck with your weight loss! You can do it :) and on days you feel like you can't this website is amazing! I lost weight at uni too. Down to 10 stone 9. Amazing. One break up later. New relationship. Ballooned to 14 stone! And now it's going down again

Keep at it :D and do it for you :) x

Wow, your story sounds soo similar to mine!!..eek!!

Glad it's going down again, go you!
How have you been getting on? What plan are you following? Best of luck!! :)

P.S. I've started my own diary, would love if it you fancied a quick read and kept in touch!!

http://www.minimins.com/weight-loss-diary/258343-if-first-you-dont-succeed-my-big-fat-diary.html

Love

Me xx

Hello, just wanted to say welcome from another relatively newbie to the forum! Good luck and like others have said, if you've done it before, then you know you can do it again!

There are so many different types of diet out there, but there's loads of info on the site. Find one that suits your lifestyle, and as long as you stick to it, you'll get there (easier said than done, I know!)

Last year I was o cambridge, reached my goal and have put on 2.5 stone since then! Back in the mindset of losing it now though

Alan

Hi Alan!

Thanks for your reply, thats so sweet.

Best of luck with your journey..I'll say the same to you - if you've done it before, then you know you can do it again!!

I've started my own diary if you fancy keeping in touch, I'd love to hear how your getting on:

xx

Back