Can I come back in??

mastiffmum

Well, here I am, tail between my legs........can I come back pleeeeeease???

After losing almost five stones on my own for my wedding last August, I gained a few pounds so decided to join minimims..........then had lots of problems, family, work, redundancy, another redundancy, poorly mother in law, money......I could go on but wouldn't want to bore you.........anyway, after gaining even more weight, I have decided to take action and lose the weight I gained plus some more. I have set Monday 20th June as my start date for a couple of reasons, one we don't have any pennies for shopping until the weekend and it also gives me the rest of the week to finish celebrating my 40th birthday! I don't think I will be able to afford to go to class, so you lot are the next best thing!!

So here's the figures:-
Start weight (previous) around 18 & half stone
Lowest (wedding day aug 2010) 13 stone 4 lb
Now (hanging head in shame) almost 15 stone
Target around 12 ish (we'll see if that's right when I get there)

Have written down loads of recipes and meal ideas, will be making a shopping list tonight and have even made my own food diary to put on the fridge. Will probably do mostly red days as I have PCOS and green days and carbs play havoc with me. May throw in the odd EE as that will give me a little more flexibility when I will need it.

Loads of fantastic threads, pictures and tips on here, I'm glad I've come back!

Look forward to chatting with you all soon

Kim
xx

welcome back!! :D

Hey kim, welcome back. Taking from your name you have a bull mastiff? Love those dogs.

Welcome back. With all that's been going on you did well to only put a bit back on really, so well done for that. You've got a good few days to look at the recipe sections and get your shopping list / meal plan together if you're not doing the shop til the weekend. There have been some good uns (my fave being the syn free donna kebab recipe - I usually do mine with fat free minced beef as never seem to be able to find the low fat lamb mince).

Anyway - good to have you back. Good luck xx

Welcome back Kim, don't be ashamed at having put on a bit since you were last here - be proud that you are back and doing something positive!

Welcome back. With all that's been going on you did well to only put a bit back on really, so well done for that. You've got a good few days to look at the recipe sections and get your shopping list / meal plan together if you're not doing the shop til the weekend. There have been some good uns (my fave being the syn free donna kebab recipe - I usually do mine with fat free minced beef as never seem to be able to find the low fat lamb mince).

I think i may have to google this syn free kebab recipe!

I'm another one with tail between legs. Just defected from Ww as I found it too difficult to stick to. I love carbs! I lost 2st in just over 2 months last time on sw. We can do this!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

hiya i'm new to the site but been reading bits on and off for few years. I got 3 stone off for my wedding and have since put about a stone and half back on as i had miscarriage on honeymoon in october and just been comfort eating since! been trying really hard to get my head in gear to get back on the diet. i manage a good week and then mess it up the week after! hoping this forum will help me

x

Hiya Mrsbradbull - I am quite new too and thought joining here might really spur me into keeping at it. So far, so good but even if I gain a little one week, I am not going to give up, just get back on track again the following week - that's my new philosophy!

I am sure you will find the support here a great help.

Hey kim, welcome back. Taking from your name you have a bull mastiff? Love those dogs.

I have an English Mastiff, two Neapolitan Mastiffs and a Boxer, along with two cats, a parrot, a pond full of fish, a very tame blackbird that calls for me at the kitchen window, oh yeah and a husband and 22 year old son...........and yes, my house in manic!!! and not helped by the fact that my two men eat like horses and never put on a pound!

I have an English Mastiff, two Neapolitan Mastiffs and a Boxer, along with two cats, a parrot, a pond full of fish, a very tame blackbird that calls for me at the kitchen window, oh yeah and a husband and 22 year old son...........and yes, my house in manic!!! and not helped by the fact that my two men eat like horses and never put on a pound!

Your tesco bill must be horrendous with all those pets and males to feed! Good luck with weight loss!

I've actually been making the syn free kebab for years as I done sw a long time ago, I've even done it when I'm 'off the wagon' so to speak as it's pretty damn yummy!

Done a very small shop in Morrisons tonight as I needed a few bits before my weekend big shop and soooo glad I did, got some real bargains.............activia fat free 6 for £2, swartz perfect shake seasonings 2 for £2, nandos peri peri chip sprinkle £1.99, very lean pork kebabs 4 for about £1.50, mini sponges (only 4 syns each), laughing cow triangles two for £1, loads of fruit on offer at £1 a pack and a ww choco mouse thingy (dried packet) serves 2 at 2 & half syns portion. And to top it all off my mum picked me up a huge cauliflower from farm house thats sells outside for 50p.

BARGAIN!!!!!

I'm fortunate that the local pet shop gives me trade/breeders discount because I buy so much, but each time I go there it costs me well over £100, but on top of that I also buy cat biscuits from supermarket and make meat and vegetable stews for the dogs to mix in with their dried complete food, see even the dogs have to have healthy veg!

Back