Can I do cambridge diet?

This is The third time i've tried to post this hope it works this time lol sorry if still getting it wrong I'm new to all this.

Hi everyone I'm new here and just wondered if anyone could tell me if I can start the cambridge diet I only need to lose just over 2 stone but it's a lot for me. I'm only 5 foot nothing:cry: and 10st 2. I have really got my heart set on this diet as I not only just want to lose the weight but to learn how to maintain it the healthy way after.

Would love to hear what you all think :)
and if poss get some advice from a CDC

Thanks

Hi Hun, welcome to Mins. I am not a CDC so cannot comment from that side of things but have you contacted a cdc in your area for an informal chat. That may be a good place to start to get the infrmation you need and see whether this diet is right for you. xx

Hi Caroline,

Welcome to minimins, like 30flirty I'm not a CDC but from what I can remember from the leaflet anyone can do CDC if they've got at least a stone to lose. You cannot do Sole Source if you're bmi is under 25 but there are other programmes that you can do that will also guarantee weight loss.

Maybe a have a look at the Cambridge Diet website and see what they say.

Good luck!!!

you need to be a stone over 25 bmi to start CD on sole source or sole source plus, if you are and there are no health reason why you should not do this diet then I would say that yes you probably can start this diet :)

Best of luck

i cant say anything different from everyone else, but let us know if you decide to do and good luck hun! XX

Hi

There are many plans that can be followed on the Cambridge Diet. For your height and weight following the 810plan would be your best option as you wouldn't be able to sole source because you are just on the BMI 25 plus a stone.

The 810 plan consists of 3 CD products and a small meal each day.

The meal consists of one protein option (white fish, chicken breast, cottage cheese, tuna or quorn mince/pieces) and 3 tablespoons of various veg or salad.

As long as you do not have any contra indications you would be able to start the diet. If you are on any medications or have a medical problem then your GP would have to give permission for you to follow the 810 plan.

Check out the cambridge website for more information, you can also look up your local counsellors on there, I'm sure if you gave one a ring they'd be more than happy to advise you further.

Tracey
x

Back