Total Solution Can i do this?

vickytorz

Hiiiii,

I started yesterday and made it through my first day after learning coke zero was allowed whoop that made me very happy?

I have managed to get down from 17 stone over a few years with all sorts of diets. Got down to 12 stone at 5ft9 I wasn't too upset that I couldn't seemed to get any lower but I suddenly lost all control of food and started binge eating my one cheat day is always allowed myself became a feast until I was unable to move and was seriously uncomfortably full!! Why I did it I don't really know which makes it worse so I'm hopeful taking food out of the equation will help!

Would really like to meet some people to do the journey with as I'm questioning whether I can do it and don't know anyone in everyday life that would either need to do this journey and a few that woudnt support it!

So after all of that I guess I'm asking for support! I intend to somehow log my journey to figure out the binge eating so maybe I can do that on here ?

Hi welcome you will get loads of support here, I started on4th January 2012 lost 1 stone in the first month, the last couple of week had issues with the family so yoyo'd but got back on track on monday and everything going great. I thought I could never do it but here I am, got about 8 stone to lose so 1 down is great for me.
Take care
Have fun

Gill
X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Gill that's lovely I feel I really need the support! I want to loose between 2 and 3 stone so a stone a month would be incredible! Well done on staying focused for so long x

Hiya

Welcome to the boards :) I somehow binge too, until I cant eat anymore, but then the next day I feel so bad, and comfort eat again and so it goes on. The biggest I was was full term with my son at 15.2, and since having him the lightest Ive been was 11.8/9. I was around 11.12/13 til Christmas then gave up smoking and went up to 12.10 in about 2 weeks! Argh! So here I am trying to get down to around 10.7, or where I feel comfortable in my skin again. I hate how I feel in my clothes and am desperate to get this weight shifted once and for all.

We can do this :) x

I think I looked pregnant at 17 stone but wasn't ?
How are you finding exante?
It's not as bad as I feared although I got a parking ticket today trying to get some coke zero which has made this weeks diet slightly more expensive!!!!

I know what you mean about clothes I just refuse to buy bigger but then you never feel comfortable! X

Hi I started yesterday too but had a bit of a bad day today but back 100% tomorrow. YOu can do it. Just think of the end result. X

Thanks Zoebear! I'm worried as tomorrow I'm off to a pre planned dinner but I didn't want to wait to start exante so I don't know how to tackle it! Do I do exante all day then eat at night? X

I don't know. Some people follow the working solutions for a day if they have a food function they can't escape.

Thanks zoebear I'm quite nervous I'm finding it ok at the min and I am concerned if I take a break it will all feel more difficult! Wish I could avoid it but I'm moving to a new area so it's a big goodbye event x

vickytorz said:
Why does day 3 suddenly feel hard??? I'm STARVING

Hi vickytorz - I'm on day 3 too and although I'm not starving have just had a cup of bouillon which really hit the spot! Have you tried it? I think some days just are harder than others - I struggled yesterday - hopefully ketosis will happen soon and your hunger will decrease :) have found coming in here helps a great deal x

Hi I think day three is hard because your body feels differently, and it's screaming for food, the boullion is good for helping cope with this, it does get better. When you see the weight coming off it will help motivate you. Hope you ok, and managing

Take care
Gill
X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks gill and sarahlou it's nice to know I'm not the only one- I am now heading out for the evening and it feels pointless having suffered all day knowing I will cheat tonight!

Have either of you ever tried a vlcd before as I haven't but had a sneaky peak this morning and have probably already lost 5lbs curious as to how much tonight will cost me x

vickytorz said:
Thanks gill and sarahlou it's nice to know I'm not the only one- I am now heading out for the evening and it feels pointless having suffered all day knowing I will cheat tonight!

Have either of you ever tried a vlcd before as I haven't but had a sneaky peak this morning and have probably already lost 5lbs curious as to how much tonight will cost me x

Well done for the loss so far :)
I did one a few years ago but didn't eat for the time I was there so not sure what a meal will do sorry. If you're careful what you eat (no carbs, just protein and a small amount of veg) you might not see a real difference? Am sure there are others on here that have more experience with planned meals...
Good luck though... I think if I was let into a restaurant right now I'd eat the lot!! Lol!
I think if you're determined enough you'll be able to pick up again tomorrow and carry on :)
Hope you have a lovely evening... Enjoy every mouthful!!

Thanks sarahlou, I think last night proved to me that I need to do this in no uncertain terms I just felt like I had no control again- I think taking food out the equation will really help! How long did you do the last vlcd for?

Are you nervous for the weekend or is that just me I worry what my friends and family will think if I tell them

vickytorz said:
Thanks sarahlou, I think last night proved to me that I need to do this in no uncertain terms I just felt like I had no control again- I think taking food out the equation will really help! How long did you do the last vlcd for?

Are you nervous for the weekend or is that just me I worry what my friends and family will think if I tell them

Being an emotional eater, having food out of the way really helps me.... And I enjoy feeling in control for a change! You can't have anything so... You can't have anything!! I did about 8 weeks on LL, I'd planned to do more but had some bad news and felt I couldn't cope emotionally dealing with the diet and what was going on. I lost 2 stone though and bar a few lbs haven't put any of it back on again in 4 yrs so that was good... I plan to do this 100% till 20th April then I need to have a non ketosis week as I have 2 40th birthday celebrations to go to.. Hopefully can pick up again after that :)
I am nervous about the weekend, in the last few years I've tried to do a vlcd twice and have failed miserably when it's come to the weekend! I do feel I'm in ketosis now though so that should help some what and I plan to stay away from the family when they're eating and have a bath or pamper myself :)
I've only told my close family and best friend what I'm doing as previous experience has taught me that everyone has an opinion on vlcd diets and it's not always one I want to hear! When it shows in a couple of weeks I'll feel stronger to deal with it and will talk about it!
Keep focused on your goal this weekend! I plan on getting some smaller clothes out the loft and putting away some of my 'fat' clothes to help me see where I want to be :)
Hope you have a great day x

That sounds like a really good idea sarahlou to get your goal to the front of your wknd! Do you have a goal between now and April for the birthdays or is it just a case of whatever comes off is a great and you will be happy?

How do you tackle social events or are you just really prepared?? Sorry I'm asking so many questions I'm trying to steal your knowledge lol ?

Good luck this wknd x

Icandoit81 said:
Well done vicki you're doing really well so far. Just stay ts today and drink lots of water to flush everything through x

Thanks- don't know bout the doing really well but I'm back on it today and convinced this is what I need to get control back! I guess sometimes the slip ups can make you stronger! That's what I'm choosing to believe anyway lol x

The fact you're back on it is why you're doing well. It's all too easy to throw the towel in due to guilt and frustration! Stay strong you will do this :)

Back