Total Solution Can i do this?

vickytorz said:
That sounds like a really good idea sarahlou to get your goal to the front of your wknd! Do you have a goal between now and April for the birthdays or is it just a case of whatever comes off is a great and you will be happy?

How do you tackle social events or are you just really prepared?? Sorry I'm asking so many questions I'm trying to steal your knowledge lol ?

Good luck this wknd x

Lol! I'm not sure there's much knowledge up here to steal! I hope to lose 2 stone by the birthdays.. I know what clothes size I'll be if I do that so know I'll feel great and not dreading the events like I have been!
I'm chickening out on social events I'm afraid to say!! I wiped my diary for 2 months! I have 2 small children so don't have a buzzing social life these days anyhow... Sob sob!
Have a great weekend too x

Icandoit81 said:
The fact you're back on it is why you're doing well. It's all too easy to throw the towel in due to guilt and frustration! Stay strong you will do this :)

Loving you're positivity this morning icandoit! Go girl!! Need some of that this weekend :)

Icandoit81 said:
The fact you're back on it is why you're doing well. It's all too easy to throw the towel in due to guilt and frustration! Stay strong you will do this :)

Awww thank you- how long have you been going on this? I hope I will do this-no lets re phrase I will do this ? what a great start to my wknd positive mental attitude x

sarahlou72 said:
Lol! I'm not sure there's much knowledge up here to steal! I hope to lose 2 stone by the birthdays.. I know what clothes size I'll be if I do that so know I'll feel great and not dreading the events like I have been!
I'm chickening out on social events I'm afraid to say!! I wiped my diary for 2 months! I have 2 small children so don't have a buzzing social life these days anyhow... Sob sob!
Have a great weekend too x

I wish I could chicken out on social events but I'm moving 50 miles away and changing jobs so I have lots of goodbye events over the next week after that it's plain sailing! As plain as it can be I guess!

I think you have knowledge- I'm yet to set long term goals and I haven't set weight goals just time goals eg 10th march is a big party and I know I want to look and feel better but I have no clue what I can loose by then!!! X

Erm only since Weds :s so Im hardly experienced! I did CD about 4 years ago and lost a stone and half then got pregnant! I had a small blip yesterday and am up 2lbs from what I was yesterday which is why I am more focused than ever now to stay strong and do it. A few months to lose the weight and abstaining from treats is nothing compared to how I will feel when I have lost it. Although I am back to craving cigs even though I gave those up at new year! Argh! Swap one addiction for another! I am not giving in though! Glad I have made it til now with nothing. Meant to be riding later so a bit of exercise and out of the house. Have a good day! x

I have had several failed attempts, all on day 3!! I believe that it's my body making a last ditch attempt to get me to eat before I go into ketosis... Well I made it through this time with positive mental attitude and minimins..... Thereafter it becomes much easier, although there are little wobbles now and then. So you can do this and we are here to help you.... Keep busy, drink plenty and it will be easier soon.
Nix
XX

vickytorz said:
I wish I could chicken out on social events but I'm moving 50 miles away and changing jobs so I have lots of goodbye events over the next week after that it's plain sailing! As plain as it can be I guess!

I think you have knowledge- I'm yet to set long term goals and I haven't set weight goals just time goals eg 10th march is a big party and I know I want to look and feel better but I have no clue what I can loose by then!!! X

Yes, you can't very well not go to your own leaving do's! I take my hat off to you embarking on this diet whilst going through such a life change!
I think time goals are better than weight goals, on average you lose a stone a month on a vlcd so that's all I've based mine on! Ultimately like you, my main aim in the next few weeks is to shift enough before these events so I can go and have a great time and not dread all the usual stuff: what will I wear? Will I be the largest woman there? Do I really want to go?
Stay strong and try and get through this week then you can head down get into it and focus on 10th march :) x

Icandoit81 said:
Erm only since Weds :s so Im hardly experienced! I did CD about 4 years ago and lost a stone and half then got pregnant! I had a small blip yesterday and am up 2lbs from what I was yesterday which is why I am more focused than ever now to stay strong and do it. A few months to lose the weight and abstaining from treats is nothing compared to how I will feel when I have lost it. Although I am back to craving cigs even though I gave those up at new year! Argh! Swap one addiction for another! I am not giving in though! Glad I have made it til now with nothing. Meant to be riding later so a bit of exercise and out of the house. Have a good day! x

You have proven to yourself that you can do this though if you have done it all before! Getting pregnant was a good way to get out of the diet lol
Fortunately I don't crave cigs but bread right now is trying to get my attention! It won't though I am strong ( if I keep telling myself it will be true)

What impact does exercise have I'd like to continue running but would it be detrimental to my losses? Sorry I really have no idea lol x

nixib said:
I have had several failed attempts, all on day 3!! I believe that it's my body making a last ditch attempt to get me to eat before I go into ketosis... Well I made it through this time with positive mental attitude and minimins..... Thereafter it becomes much easier, although there are little wobbles now and then. So you can do this and we are here to help you.... Keep busy, drink plenty and it will be easier soon.
Nix
XX

I'm going to have to go through day 3 all over again ? but it will be worth it! It's nice that the wobbles come to everyone I tend to think I'm the only one that struggles!

I'm on coffee and coke zero wohoooo I love coke zero x

Exante recommend you do some exercise every day - 20 mins I think. Maybe try running and see how you get on? Just make sure you drink enough water :) Exercise will also help tone. If I could, I would love to run but I cant. Dont know why but my lungs feel like they are giving up. Having said that I did used to try in sub zero temps when I was a smoker and suffered asthma too, so maybe I should try again! Im only riding twice a week at moment due to weather, and have only started recently, but I can really feel it working!

sarahlou72 said:
Yes, you can't very well not go to your own leaving do's! I take my hat off to you embarking on this diet whilst going through such a life change!
I think time goals are better than weight goals, on average you lose a stone a month on a vlcd so that's all I've based mine on! Ultimately like you, my main aim in the next few weeks is to shift enough before these events so I can go and have a great time and not dread all the usual stuff: what will I wear? Will I be the largest woman there? Do I really want to go?
Stay strong and try and get through this week then you can head down get into it and focus on 10th march :) x

I'm only doing it now as I suddenly feel really out of control with food! This time last year I was 12 st and at 5ft 9 it's more or less a healthy weight and then all of a sudden boom fat started collecting on my body- more or less as a direct result of eating obscene amounts everyday! If I don't do this I worry I'm going to get really out of control and go back to 17stone which is harder to deal with than a few polite no thank u's at dinner parties- at least that's what I'm telling myself!

You seem very focused and I know u will look great! Have u already got an outfit or are u going to shop nearer to the time? X

Icandoit81 said:
Exante recommend you do some exercise every day - 20 mins I think. Maybe try running and see how you get on? Just make sure you drink enough water :) Exercise will also help tone. If I could, I would love to run but I cant. Dont know why but my lungs feel like they are giving up. Having said that I did used to try in sub zero temps when I was a smoker and suffered asthma too, so maybe I should try again! Im only riding twice a week at moment due to weather, and have only started recently, but I can really feel it working!

I used to be like that when I ran but stubbornness and pure stupidity made me fight through and now I like running even tho I'm slow and look like a rhino!

I would love to ride- is it ur own horse? X

Ah maybe I should do the same?! Yeah I say horse but she's actually a pony bless her! Hadn't ridden her properly since I was 4 months pregnant! Love it now though! not sure she feels the same with me on her back ha x

Icandoit81 said:
Ah maybe I should do the same?! Yeah I say horse but she's actually a pony bless her! Hadn't ridden her properly since I was 4 months pregnant! Love it now though! not sure she feels the same with me on her back ha x

Awww good that ur getting back to old habits!! Has the exercise distracted u as u hoped?

Iv managed ts all day despite going shoppig and watching my friend eat cake and drink lattes and mochas! My black coffee got me thru! How about u? X

nixib said:
Nix
XX

Strange you should say that. Day 5 is always my downfall on diets. Why is that??

Yay well done! Ive had a good day. Had soup for lunch then went riding. Got home and had a shake drank the rest of my water and sat down to watch tv but then starving! Luckily i still had ny bar to eat so devoured that! Worn out now. Hoping for a loss on the scales tomorrow :) what days your official weigh in?

Icandoit81 said:
Yay well done! Ive had a good day. Had soup for lunch then went riding. Got home and had a shake drank the rest of my water and sat down to watch tv but then starving! Luckily i still had ny bar to eat so devoured that! Worn out now. Hoping for a loss on the scales tomorrow :) what days your official weigh in?

Sounds like a successful day for u!!! My official weigh in isn't until Tuesday so time to recover from my night of weakness last night! Just got back from a 5 mile run I felt fantastic I haven't felt like that in ages- I tried to run on Thursday and really struggled so feeling super proud of myself (silly I know) especially because it's sat night and I would be normally out or sat at home binge eating!

Have u had a sneaky peak at the scales yet?? If u havent u have far more self restraint than me lol x

Your done good girl! I don't think I could run for 5 metres let alone miles! Did it take you long to build up to it?

I'm a nightmare with the scales. I should bin them really. They are showing a 4lb loss so far although before I fell off the wagon yesterday they showed 6! Hopefully it will e back to 6 tomorrow. My wi day will be weds morning as that will be a week. Like you there's time to sort out any mishaps from the weekend although so far so good! Little one out tomorrow so I get to ride again! Yay! How often do you run?x

Oh no it's a 5lb loss so far. I'd really love to finish on 9 for the week so That's another 4 by weds.... Aiming to lose at least another half a stone by 16th march so that's 3.5 a week which I think is doable! X

vickytorz said:
I'm only doing it now as I suddenly feel really out of control with food! This time last year I was 12 st and at 5ft 9 it's more or less a healthy weight and then all of a sudden boom fat started collecting on my body- more or less as a direct result of eating obscene amounts everyday! If I don't do this I worry I'm going to get really out of control and go back to 17stone which is harder to deal with than a few polite no thank u's at dinner parties- at least that's what I'm telling myself!

You seem very focused and I know u will look great! Have u already got an outfit or are u going to shop nearer to the time? X

Well I still think you must be very determined to take on the task - so good for you!!
Thanks for you're lovely words! I feel pretty focused still, fed up of wasting my time/life...
I don't have an outfit as such but I intend to go out and buy some expensive skinny jeans!! Haven't bought decent jeans for years! One of the parties is fancy dress so be nice to be slimmer and have more choice :)
Hope you have a great day! You're doing ace x

Back