Can I eat fruit and fibre on a green day?

Yes you can have 28g fruit and fibre as your HEB on any plan.

Yes, 28g is 1 x HEb - but you need 1 scan bran with it to make up the fibre.

wait whats a HEb and scran bran? sooo sorry! im new and i dont have a clue what it all means....

x

HEB = a Healthy B option (28g) (you can have 1 HEa & 1 HEB on Extra Easy and 2 of each on green/red)
Scan bran you can buy in class or in Holland & Barrett (like a VERY dry Ryvita). If you don't have it then you're not getting the recommended fibre intake, so should syn the cereal as 5 syns per 28g.

i still dont understand so sorry! im having a green day today! and for breakfast iv had

2 eggs poached
1 tin baked beans

thats all ive had up to now! so i HAVE to buy these scan brans?

x

SCAN BRAN

:( You either love or hate scan bran! At our slimming world class there are various alternative names for scan bran :D
"brillo pad an alternative mat to wipe your shoes on, snow scraper, the list goes on!!!!

I personally can't stand them, I've tried smothering them with cottage cheese and they still make my gums ache.

The only way I can have them is by making the Chocolate Scan Bran cake, made in the mircrowave. If you would like the recipe I can post it on this forum.

No you don't have to buy scan brans lol, you could just have a different type of cereal that doesn't need an additional scan bran to meet the fibre quota. The thing is, for a cereal to qualify as a healthy extra, it has to have a certain amount of fibre. The 28g portion of fruit & fibre on its own does not contain adequate amounts of fibre which is why SW paired it with a slice of scan bran. So basically your HEB would be 28g fruit & fibre plus 1 scan bran. Scan brans are like ryvitas and can be bought at your SW group. Hopes this makes sense.

I wonder if I am reading the thread correctly. I think that SWchick10 was asking whether she can have fruit and fibre in one day and was not necessarily talking about HEBs.
You can have as much fruits as you like. They are free on all plans. It's the HEBbs that need to be counted but you can have both on any plan.

ahh right i see so if i had 2 weetabix for me brekfast then i wnt need to have a scan bran?

x

ahh right i see so if i had 2 weetabix for me brekfast then i wnt need to have a scan bran?

x

Correct! Do you have the books? It's all listed in there as to what Healthy Extra's you can have and the quantities.

I wonder if I am reading the thread correctly. I think that SWchick10 was asking whether she can have fruit and fibre in one day and was not necessarily talking about HEBs.
You can have as much fruits as you like. They are free on all plans. It's the HEBbs that need to be counted but you can have both on any plan.

I think we're definately talking about the cereal!

ah ok thanks everyone! that was really helpfull! ill have to pop out n buy some weetabix! can i have splenda? x

ah ok thanks everyone! that was really helpfull! ill have to pop out n buy some weetabix! can i have splenda? x
Yes any calorie free sweeteners.You really need some of the books to follow the plan. Which ones do you have ??

haha thank you sarah rosie and honey! no i dont have any books im working on the plan from this group as im only a student and cannot afford to go to the classes or buy books! :( x

Back