Can I go it alone?

I have done SW 'home alone' for a year now, and with this great forum and the help of the people on it, I have lost 4 stones.

So stick with Minimins and YOU WILL lose weight without going to a class.

Good luck with it.

Thanks for all your positive messages.
I started yesterday and so far so good :)
I agree this is definitely about being in the right headspace for this to work, and I know I've hit the point of understanding that it will !
Thank you Funcurls for the recipe page link...doesn't that look fab!

I have a friend who is also doing SW at class and she has been brilliantly supportive too; coupled with the amazing help and advice available on here I am really confident and excited about following this woe and being successful.
It is my weigh in day tomorrow morning, so next week I will be looking for a good result the following week.
I love this woe, I love the way that SW followers are so passionate about it and I love the fact that they share that passion for others to benefit through a forum like this!
J x

Just thought i would post here too hun, we have had a few large bills on our mat in the last week and unfortunatly SW class will have to wait until i can afford it again but i am going t carry on as i have been doing the plan and logging on here daily, im also going to continue wiht getting weighed on a tuesday, i just hope i can do it so if your looking for a buddy just say so.
ang xx

Hi.

I tried to do SW, for a week on my own, lost 5lb.. but found that I needed that weekly WI to motivate me and the class for support. Although the forum and threads here are good, that class is really important.

I went along last night, 1st class for 4.5 yrs. Nothing much has changed, EE days now and that looks good. But ppl now bring in recipes and food to try. Chilli last night and the whole dish (enough for 5 meals) was free!! Amazing, and it was soo yummy too. Just gives you something else to try, more inspirations and ppl who ask questions, also gives you the chance to learn new things too. Def glad I went. xx

hi, i only started yesterday and i'm going it alone, with the help of this forum and my mum and my best mate who are also doing it, they both go to groups so i have some access to syn values in books and online (when my mum remembers her password lol, i was going to start last week but mum didn't know the password as she had been ill so didn't make it to group).

my main reason for not going is because i am a single mum so i can't really afford to at the moment and also would need someone to look after my 3 year old every week as i cant really take her with me to a group.

if i find i am not being strict enough with what i eat then i will think about giving class a go, even if it is my birthday or xmas present for the year. and i will just go to be weighed every week and not actually stay for the class. ... but with the support on here i am sure i will do ok :D

i am going to use the "Biggest Loser USA" game that i have for my wii for the exercise so i will weigh in using that too as its part of the game like it is on the tv shows :)

xxx

I'm so glad I'm not the only one 'going it alone'! I thought everyone on here must go to class because there are such fantastic weight losses. Work commitments and evening meetings prevent me from going but I am seriously determined this time. My problem is managing to eat enough but I love pasta and quorn recipes so tend to have those. My weight loss is very slow, i.e. 1lb or so at a time. When I look at some of the weight losses I think maybe I should up the exercise or perhaps I'm going wrong!

I love this forum site - there are so many inspirational people!! Well done to everybody and thanks for all the tips and syn values.

Back