Extra Easy Can I have 1/3 superfree after my meal??

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by dudette2001uk, 25 May 2010 Social URL.

1. dudette2001uk

dudette2001uk I will be a Princess!

Start Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi there,

Just a quick question about the 1/3 superfree on EE. Is it possible to have it after the meal, rather than with it? Sometimes I just don't want veg with a meal e.g. I really fancy egg, beans and SW chips tomorrow (something quick as I'm not feeling very well at the mo), but don't really want veggies with it. Bad I know!!! :eek:

If I had fruit after the meal, would that be ok?? Or before even? Or has it got to be with the meal? :confused:

If anyone has any advise it would be gratefully received :)

Sian xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. dudette2001uk

Start Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    :sign0163:

4. Tabbicat

Tabbicat Full Member

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World At Home
    I've asked my consultant the same thing. Like you i don't want cabbage with my breakfast of egg and beans on toast. She said its fine to have fruit or veg as snacks between meals. Thats what i do and it hasn't caused me any problems.

5. dudette2001uk

Start Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks hun! Does that definitely count as the 1/3 superfree then, even if it's not had with or just after the meal? Sorry to be a bit dense...blame it on the lurgy!! I'm not usually this dim :) xxx

6. Tabbicat

Tabbicat Full Member

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World At Home
    I always count fruit eaten before or after a meal that didn't include veg/salad as my 1/3 superfree. As long as you still have your 1/3 I cant see it making a difference when its eaten.

7. freyasmommy

freyasmommy Starting again!

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i think as long as most of your meals have your superfree, or if your not having it, you are filling up wih it as snacks instead of syns it will count.

if i have a meal without my super frees i normally have a fruit (and sometimes yogurt)pudding

8. dudette2001uk

Start Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thank you :) I do eat fruit between meals, so it's nice to know that I can use that as my 1/3 superfree. Chips, egg and beans it is for me tomorrow then, yay! :D

xxx

9. Pinksparklybirdy

Pinksparklybirdy Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(21.59%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    The only thing I'd add is that the idea of having 1/3 superfree on your plate is that it stops you eating so much of the other stuff.

So as long as you only have the equivalent of 2/3 plate of your other stuff (SW chips, egg, etc) then you should be fine to have your Superfree later or before.

I think if you have a great big plate of the non-superfree stuff, it would defeat the point.

10. dudette2001uk

Start Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for that Pinksparklybirdy :) I'll make sure to have a smaller portion (don't feel like food this week anyway!), and then I might have some melon and strawberries afterwards. Yum! xx

11. Tabbicat

Tabbicat Full Member

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World At Home
    Enjoy your meal! xx

12. dudette2001uk

Start Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thank you all for your help! :) xx

13. dudette2001uk

Start Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Allie - good thinking batman!! Will try that in future. Don't want to be a windy pops! :D

Thanks again to everybody for your replies :) xxx

14. Sparkles.

Sparkles. Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(16.31%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Another idea my C had last night was to have a mug of soup made of superfree for a starter. I am definitely going to try this next time i get a fancy for a comfort meal!

15. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't do EE but a C we had at group this week was raving about it - saying how SW has gone to america now & they are that confident in EE that that's the only plan they have launced over there.

Anyway - it started a discussion about the whole 1/3 superfree thing & somebody asked about a curry - how do you get 1/3 superfree if you have say a chicken curry, rice & chips. Her responce was the onions & tomatoes in the sauce - so then everyone was going on about it & she eventually said that most people at her group don't have the 1/3 free with every meal & it isn't affecting their losses????

As i said i don't do EE - but thought that it was the 1/3 free which makes the plan work??

I agree that maybe some fruit or something first would probably be ok. It would just be like a 2 course dinner :)

16. MadameLaMinx

MadameLaMinx Gold Member

I do EE, and realistically, at the moment I am probably having MORE than 1/3 of superfree at each meal. Also, dont forget mushrooms are superfree and go excellently well with a fry up!

17. mojomcl

mojomcl Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I do green days, where the 1/3 rule isn't as stringent, altough still a good idea.
    I used to aim to eat loads of S and SS foods, but never found it made much difference, but now I aim for around 1/2 of my daily food intake to be SF and my losses have finally started again.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

I think some meals it is hard to incorporate the third rule. For example Spag Bol....apart from the tomatoes and mushrooms and peppers actually in the bol, i dont picture my plate with a side of carrots if you know what i mean.

I tend to do Orignal/Red days but threw in a EE yesterday - i just had fruit all day, so it made my third up! hope it works out for me!

x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.