Can I join in?

Steph1980

Hi, you are all so amazing! I'm not crawling, it's true!

I would love to join WeMITTS, but could someone explain to me what it stands for?

I am 26 and weigh 19st. I have a beautiful daughter who will be three in Dec and despirately want another baby, so hubby and I had a big chat and decided we should do something about it, so I am hoping to start Lighterlife in January.

I hope you don't mind me dropping in like this, it's just that I feel the need to be chatting to people who know how it feels to 'this' overweight and in despirate to change their lives.

Wish me luck and thank you to you all. You have already inspired me, couldn't even face finishing off daughters crisps at lunch time.

I always tell it like it is and will answer any questions anyone asks....I have nothing to hide (except 9st of unwanted flubber) hehe!

Hello Steph and welcome xx
Wemitt means WE MEAN IT THIS TIME!

Your welcome to join any thread or all of them here :D

I know how you feel with the weight issue everyone here does,I started LL on September 27th and I have lost 2stone bar 1 lbs :D Its great and you do have hard days but its well worth it .Post alot and pm me if you need a chat,I tried 8 years for my 1st child and I have 3 now :D

Good Luck Hun
((((HUGS))))
xxc;)

Hi Steph, welcome to the wemitts! I started cambridge on Feb 4th and have so far lost 11.5 st (still have a fair way to go though), but just you wait and see in a few short months you will be half the girl you are now (literally) keep posting and I look forward to getting to know you better

xx

I really am having a 'stupid day' today, just noticed that it says what WeMITS stands for at the top here....duurr!

That's a great achievement already! How much are you planning on losing in total? Mines 9st, mammoth to some, minute to others...I'm sure.

I started off (to my shame and horror) at over 30st so still have about 9st to go but hey, these diets are fab and they actually work, so even though I'm in it for the long haul I am still happy to do it!!!

You could easily be at your target in no time at all babe, just think how exciting that will be!

xx

Hi Steph
Welcome aboard. We all understand the issues involved having lots of weight to lose; at my heaviest I needed to lose 12st. That just seemed so daunting .... I'd diet, lose a stone and then get disheartened because it didn't show. I was so fed up with slow results: I know they say losing it slowly is the way to go but I didn't want to take 6 years to lose my weight!!

Anyway, I've got 2st 12lb left to go so although I'm hardly a skinny minnie, I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel. Believe me, that 9st will just melt away quicker than you can believe possible and before you know it, you'll be on here posting your 'before and after' pics!!

All the best :)

Hi Steph, and a very warm welcome to the WeMitts. I started Lighter Life on January 4th 2006, did the 100 days and then changed to Cambridge. I weighed 21st9lbs and have lost 10st12lbs - my weight now is 10st11lbs - so there's "another me" of fat disappeared somewhere. This time last year, I was feeling exactly as you are now. At the beginning of December 2005 I was given a start date on LL of Jan 4th. I had a good Christmas, and several "last suppers" before starting!!!
Anyway, my life has changed in every conceivable way. I could hardly walk across the room when I started, but now I can do half an hour at 4mph, which is quite fast. I'm hoping to be running soon.
Don't think about it any more, JUST DO IT. either Lighter Life or Cambridge, depending on how much you can afford, and how valuable you think the group is going to be to you.
Post on here often, and try and come to meet some of us in Birmingham on Nov. 25th. You will be made very welcome I promise.
Ann xxx

Post on here often, and try and come to meet some of us in Birmingham on Nov. 25th. You will be made very welcome I promise.

I did read all about your meet up, but I'm hoping to be moving house that weekend (another reason not to start til Jan). I'll def try and make any future one though.

Ann, I've seen you pictures - amazing. And you give great advice too, you tell it like it is.....which how it should be. I hope you will be as helpful and as blunt to me when I need it.....although here's hoping I won't.

Just getting dinner for little one, Katie....I think that's going to be the hardest part. Cooking for her and my hubby.

Surprisingly, I found myself the other way. I just LOVED cooking for other people and "feeding" them. It seemed to fulfill a need in me, even though I wasn't eating the food. You don't really know how you're going to be affected by this journey until you're on it. Good luck, drink loads of water anyway, and go steady on the carbs.
Ann xxx

I did read all about your meet up, but I'm hoping to be moving house that weekend (another reason not to start til Jan). I'll def try and make any future one though.

Ann, I've seen you pictures - amazing. And you give great advice too, you tell it like it is.....which how it should be. I hope you will be as helpful and as blunt to me when I need it.....although here's hoping I won't.

Just getting dinner for little one, Katie....I think that's going to be the hardest part. Cooking for her and my hubby.
Hi Steph I found that hard at first I cook for 3 children and my Oh 6 nights a week and it gets much easier.
Its all worth it XXC

Welcome Steph! :D :) :D

Next year will be YOUR Year hun! :eek: These ladies who have lost so much are an incredible inspiration!:eek: :eek:

I am a relative newbie as I only started 5 weeks ago on the Cambridge and I have to say, as tough as it can be at times, it has been worth it so far.:eek: :)

I've lost 32lbs (next weigh in tonight) in 4 weeks and feel so much better already!

You CAN do this and believe me, you can count on some of us being very blunt!!! lol :eek:

I have still got well over 11 or 12 stone to go so I'm here for the long haul... hopefully by the new year I shall be at the same weight as you are now! (that will be less than I weighed when I got married (now ex) 10yrs ago!)

You'll love this site I'm sure - and the weird thing is, I agree with Ann about the cooking - I cooked for my daughter (Zoe, 18) last night and I loved it! Oh, I'm 43 by the way.

I remember how it felt to want to have a baby and I think I was about 18stone when I fell pregnant with Zoe... really, once you shift some weight, you will have a far healthier pregnancy and with a small child already (mine were 16months apart) it is exhausting, so this is the best thing you could do to help yourself! Well done and good luck! I look forward to reading all about your journey of success!:D

Hello!
I've only been a WeMITT for a few weeks - started CD16/9.
It's not as hard as you think it's going to be (apart from the first few days!!!). I agree with Ann and FFF - I don't think the family have ever eaten quite this well!! Cooking for other people does seem to fulfill a need - only tricky bit is not to taste as you go as that's how I cook - don't really do recipes! have even taken to making cakes on a regular basis.
Most annoying thing is that hubby has lost loads of weight too just by giving up wine and chocolate.
Love this site even though I don't post very often as it makes you realise just HOW MANY people there are out there with the same issues and problems.
Good luck for your start in the New Year. Looking forward to hearing about your progress!
Jin

Back