Can I join you lovely lot?

MrsTinaV

Loving Married Life
Hello all

i'm here as I want to join and get rid of this weight.

i've not been slim since I started high school in 1996. I'm now 28, married and have PCOS and a very naturally slim Husband. He can eat all he wants and still fit into jeans with a 30inch waist!

Being overweight runs in the Family but now is time to change. I'm a bit of a diet veteran in that I did WW years ago (before fruit and veg were zero pp), 3 goes at SW, 2 goes at Cambridge ( which I loved but my bank balance didn't) and now been with WW propoints since June 2012. Having to restart as meeting closed though.

i am learning so much on WW and my Mum has now joined too. I have 11 stone to shift and it really must go. I'm very nervous about loose and saggy skin but that will be better than having morbidly obese on my docs records and I won't have to shop in Yours and Evans solely either too one day!

Thanks

Tina

Last edited:
Hi there Tina,
lovely to meet you! I too have about 11 stone of excess 'love chub' to remove from oneself also, although I have a 6'4 rather robust husband who likes to think he can eat what he likes lol...
I hope your enjoying your journey, and yes lose skin is a concern, but like you- no more morbidly obese on the records or Evans will be better! xxx

Welcome!

Im a newbie too, and also have a lot of weight to lose! I've not tried WW as I got on well with SW over 10 years ago, so have returned there and now in my 3rd week!

I dont like Evans, but I do like Yours! I will be looking forward to being able to spend less on clothes in the 'normal' clothes shops...one day (dreaming of that day)

Good luck :)

Welcome to all of you, and good luck! I know what you mean about loose skin, it's a definite concern when you have a lot to lose. The best thing is to lose slowly, as that gives the skin more chance to adjust. I've so far lost 9 stone, with one more to go, but it's taken me two years. Whilst I do have a little loose skin, such that I would never wear a sleeveless top, shorts or a swimsuit, it really isn't bad at all when I'm clothed, certainly nothing compared to some of the examples you see on TV (I watch every weight loss programme going, lol). I tend to view it as a badge of honour, a reminder of how much I've lost, and it's certainly better than the alternative of remaining morbidly obese. I'm also 51, so if you're younger there's an even better chance of it being ok. So my advice would be to lose slowly (1-2lbs a week is best), and hopefully you won't have a problem. :) xx

Good luck MrsTinaV x

good luck mrstina v

Hi, I am new here too and in a very similar situation...pcos and a husband who can eat what he likes!
Good luck, look forward to sharing a successful journey with you :)

Hello all :) thank you for all your replies.

I had a good first WI in at WW on Tuesday and lost 5lb in my first week, my Mum lost 3lb so we're very happy bunnies! I'm really enjoying being back on track and feel a difference already in my clothes.

We'll get there - this site is so good for support x

well done on your weight loss x x

Hello all, how are you all doing?

visited another meeting today a day earlier than usual and lost another 2lb, so that's 7lbs in 2 weeks and got myself a WW silver seven! The first of many :) just another 2lbs then I get my 5% off which will be a good achievement.

t x

Hi, I'm a newbie here and I just wanted to say WELL DONE on your weightloss for the past couple of weeks. I'm a WW veteran but I didn't have the willpower for pointing so I'm trying calorie counting with MFP to see if that will make a difference. Saying that, I loved the flexibility of WW's and really loved my 49ers lol. Good luck with your weight loss, hope you succeed. Cheers, Jo x

Hi mrstina
well done thats great x x x

Hi, I'm a newbie here and I just wanted to say WELL DONE on your weightloss for the past couple of weeks. I'm a WW veteran but I didn't have the willpower for pointing so I'm trying calorie counting with MFP to see if that will make a difference. Saying that, I loved the flexibility of WW's and really loved my 49ers lol. Good luck with your weight loss, hope you succeed. Cheers, Jo x

hi jo
i love the freedom of calorie counting and my fitness pal nothing is off limits so your not want want want all the time i have been bad the last two weks i have seen how far i can push it but im back now and getting stuck in i look forward to reading about your journey good luck x x

Thank you all :) really love having your support. It's a long road but we'll get there!

i went to my usual meeting tonight with my Mum and she lost another 4lb so also on half a stone in 2 weeks. We're a stone lighter together in 2 weeks which is amazing.

Xx

wow thats great and well done to your mum to x x x

Back