3 stone 3 months, can it be done?!

Chubby chick 2023

Silver Member
I've done a couple of Exante diaries in the past, and to be fair it works well for me when I stick to it. This year I'm back to see if I can reach my goal!

I want to lose 3 stone which will take me down to 11stone 7lbs - top end of healthy BMI for me.

First time I did Exante I lost 2 and a half stone in around 8 weeks and felt fantastic. Since then I've done it here and there but my heart hasn't been in it.

I've only started a diary now as I'm on day 15 and so have made it through the first fortnight and I'm still not giving up, so I may be in it properly again.

There are no excuses for me this time. I work from home and manage my own diary. My children are getting more independent by the month, I now have a dog. I have space and equipment to exercise at home. I have the money to buy Exante. I have a kettle and a blender.

So far my losses have been better than before, with 12lb in the first week and 4.5lb the second week. Last Sunday I had to eat dinner at my mum's and today my dad is coming round for lunch, so I will need to eat again.

I've already heard the little voice saying "you're going to have to eat lunch, you might as well have some breakfast too" but I've ignored it and taken the dog out on a soggy 5k walk!

I'm already noticing my clothes fitting better and when I had my hair done yesterday the hairdresser noticed I'd lost some weight so that was a boost (unless she says that to all her customers to cheer them up - but she's never said that to me before!).

Downside is I keep ordering outfits that are too small from Vinted in the idea that they'll be motivational, but actually it just means my wardrobe is filled with things still in little grey postage bags that don't fit!

I've loved reading diaries on here - particularly the ones where people just stick to it and see the results even when life throws curve balls, so hoping to create one a bit like that for others and myself to read.

Have had chicken wrapped in bacon and green vegetables for lunch. May also have had a tiny portion of rhubarb crumble. Will check tomorrow to see if I'm still in Ketosis.

Thought I'd set some completely arbitrary goals to keep myself on track:

May 6th - coronation party - 13stone 3lb
May 20th - evening at theatre with friend - 12 stone 10lb
June 16th - weekend away with husband 12stone 3lb
July 5th (or thereabouts) birthday meal for my husband in London 11stone 10lb
August 9th - special birthday meal for my mum GOAL of 11 stone 7lb.

And then stay slim for the rest of my life with no effort obviously 😆😆

Day 17 and keeping on. Had a morning off so have given the dog a 5k walk and done 30 mins step aerobics, it's midday and I'm about to have my first product now.

Have ordered a mix box as was running low on shakes so hoping that will give me something more interesting to eat over the next few days.after it arrived.

Feeling focused as have now booked the hotel for our couple of nights away and have also a lovely pub I like near there for the Sunday lunch. 6.5 weeks away and I'd absolutely love to be in the elevens, but anything under 12 and a half stone would be fab so I've just got to stay committed.

I'm exercising this time round, as previous goes I sort of waited for the weight to fall off, but I'd like to build fitness and muscle this time round to hopefully see a more interesting change in my shape.

Was planning to maybe eat at the party on Saturday but I think actually I'll stick to plan. My hostess occasionally does vlcd herself so I know she'll be.supportive.of this and not make any kind of fuss.

Read a very motivating diary through this morning where the writer lost 3 stone in 3 months. They make the point that from about week three onwards it just becomes routine and I think I agree with this and am finding it to be so, not craving food at the moment, just sort of waiting for the time to pass.

Watching loads of weight loss documentaries on YouTube to keep me motivated!

And the box is here. The white chocolate and raspberry cookie is bloody lovely!.

hi
well done on your losses so far 👍 :)
I've never done Exante.......did slimfast and slender back in the day though:)
Thanks, still plugging away here on day 20. Yesterday wasn't a great day though. Felt so tired in the evening - I had a couple of extra products. I think I may have been pushing myself a bit too hard.
I'm going to weigh tomorrow rather than Sunday, so on day 21 but I don't feel like I've lost weight this week. You know when you just "feel" thinner and when you don't?

Got to remind myself that this weight didn't go on in three weeks and it's not going to all come off that quick either.

Hi 👋 How are you getting on? I’m just on day 2 doing exante Keto… I have 2.5 stone to lose.
I have to say, the Keto shakes are no where near as good as the regular ones but I’ll still with it. I have some regular shakes left over from before so I think I will use one of these a day.

Hi 👋 How are you getting on? I’m just on day 2 doing exante Keto… I have 2.5 stone to lose.
I have to say, the Keto shakes are no where near as good as the regular ones but I’ll still with it. I have some regular shakes left over from before so I think I will use one of these a day.
Hi Scottie,

I'm doing ok thanks. Lost 1lb this week, which wasn't a huge surprise to me (for one thing I hadn't been to the loo for about a week). I'd taken some senna the day before but it hasn't worked.

I decided to eat on Saturday and had loads of yum party food and some wine, but it was easy to start again on Sunday. The carb hangover made me feel so awful. Also wasn't great that the senna decided to work halfway through the party - bit uncomfortable!

Bank holiday Monday today and unlike the last one I've given myself a full day off. So apart from a workout and a walk the day will.mainly be spent crocheting and watching rubbish on YouTube.

Tried to make the packet porridge yesterday but couldn't measure the water properly so it turned into a sloppy mess which I tipped down the sink. Not brave enough to do the pancakes yet - some people manage to make them perfectly and some to turn them into scrambled eggs and I think I'll be in the latter group.

Feeling hungry at the moment but just nailing the peppermint tea and will wait til midday to have first.product- that usually works.

My kettlercise dvd came yesterday, it's one I've used loads before, to the extent that the dvds keep getting scratched and I have to keep buying new ones of the same thing.

I like the 22 min workout and want to build up to being able to do that straight through with my 11kg bell, currently can only just manage it with my 8kg.

Keep reminding myself that it's going well, I've lost nearly 1stone 4lb in 3 weeks and I'm getting fitter. It won't happen overnight but if I keep plugging on I will get the results I want.

Hi Scottie,

I'm doing ok thanks. Lost 1lb this week, which wasn't a huge surprise to me (for one thing I hadn't been to the loo for about a week). I'd taken some senna the day before but it hasn't worked.

I decided to eat on Saturday and had loads of yum party food and some wine, but it was easy to start again on Sunday. The carb hangover made me feel so awful. Also wasn't great that the senna decided to work halfway through the party - bit uncomfortable!

Bank holiday Monday today and unlike the last one I've given myself a full day off. So apart from a workout and a walk the day will.mainly be spent crocheting and watching rubbish on YouTube.

Tried to make the packet porridge yesterday but couldn't measure the water properly so it turned into a sloppy mess which I tipped down the sink. Not brave enough to do the pancakes yet - some people manage to make them perfectly and some to turn them into scrambled eggs and I think I'll be in the latter group.

Feeling hungry at the moment but just nailing the peppermint tea and will wait til midday to have first.product- that usually works.

My kettlercise dvd came yesterday, it's one I've used loads before, to the extent that the dvds keep getting scratched and I have to keep buying new ones of the same thing.

I like the 22 min workout and want to build up to being able to do that straight through with my 11kg bell, currently can only just manage it with my 8kg.

Keep reminding myself that it's going well, I've lost nearly 1stone 4lb in 3 weeks and I'm getting fitter. It won't happen overnight but if I keep plugging on I will get the results I want.
A loss is a loss so well done! You have made great progress so far! Good to hear that you didn’t find it to hard to get back on track after Saturday. Sometimes you need to have a day off here and there. Still early days for me so no toilet issues ……….yet! 🙈
I’m still feeling pretty tired so going to give it a few more days before I start doing short workouts. Walking the dogs will do for now but I want to do more weight training. I’ve been looking up some on you tube and some look good.
Quite bank holiday planned today so good for me! 😊

Last three days have been fine and uneventful.3 products and 3 boiled eggs. I've tried again with the porridge sachets but even following the instructions to the letter it turns into super sweet water with Lumps in so I'm giving up. I miss the porridge pots they were lush!

Exercise wise I'm alternating one day weights one day cardio and doing at least an hour's walk every day. Glad I got out at lunchtime today as it's currently around 4pm and a massive thunderstorm seems to be starting. Hope we don't lose power! I like thunderstorms though, I love the drama!

There's something quite comforting about this diet. Every time my mind goes to "your belly is so flobbly" or " your hips are bigger than everyone else's" I just think
"Well, there's literally nothing else I could be doing to change the situation so might as well just forget about it and carry on"

I'll stay overweight until I'm not any more -ens of story.

Also, does anyone else think they only want to be thin to enjoy eating delicious things as a thin person? Is that really perverse of me?
Yes, heart health/diabetes/joint pressure yada yada yada, but secretly I think I just want to feel skinny whilst eating a sticky toffee pudding. Possibly why I never stay thin for very long 🤣🤣🤣

I've done a couple of Exante diaries in the past, and to be fair it works well for me when I stick to it. This year I'm back to see if I can reach my goal!

I want to lose 3 stone which will take me down to 11stone 7lbs - top end of healthy BMI for me.

First time I did Exante I lost 2 and a half stone in around 8 weeks and felt fantastic. Since then I've done it here and there but my heart hasn't been in it.

I've only started a diary now as I'm on day 15 and so have made it through the first fortnight and I'm still not giving up, so I may be in it properly again.

There are no excuses for me this time. I work from home and manage my own diary. My children are getting more independent by the month, I now have a dog. I have space and equipment to exercise at home. I have the money to buy Exante. I have a kettle and a blender.

So far my losses have been better than before, with 12lb in the first week and 4.5lb the second week. Last Sunday I had to eat dinner at my mum's and today my dad is coming round for lunch, so I will need to eat again.

I've already heard the little voice saying "you're going to have to eat lunch, you might as well have some breakfast too" but I've ignored it and taken the dog out on a soggy 5k walk!

I'm already noticing my clothes fitting better and when I had my hair done yesterday the hairdresser noticed I'd lost some weight so that was a boost (unless she says that to all her customers to cheer them up - but she's never said that to me before!).

Downside is I keep ordering outfits that are too small from Vinted in the idea that they'll be motivational, but actually it just means my wardrobe is filled with things still in little grey postage bags that don't fit!

I've loved reading diaries on here - particularly the ones where people just stick to it and see the results even when life throws curve balls, so hoping to create one a bit like that for others and myself to read.
I enjoy reading diiaries also.
It took me quite a bit of posting
50 posts to be able to get full posting rights on here.

Anyway
It was really good to read your diary.
I have been on Cambridge diets in the past and so I know it is possible to lose three stone in three months

Also, does anyone else think they only want to be thin to enjoy eating delicious things as a thin person? Is that really perverse of me?
Yes, heart health/diabetes/joint pressure yada yada yada, but secretly I think I just want to feel skinny whilst eating a sticky toffee pudding. Possibly why I never stay thin for very long 🤣🤣🤣
I thought that was very funny but also very poignant, no one judges a skinny person eating a massive ice cream but they will judge a fat person doing so.
I'm definitely the heart/diabetes/joint pain now but also I like clothes and have a funky style. I want to be able to walk into a chain store and know that I will easily get something to fit, to order online without it having to be a plus size range and to get a regular pair of jeans.

I have got to my almost target weight a few times over the years and had really indulgent foods but still had a self conscious feeling..🤷‍♀️🙄 and like me if you don’t stay in control you can soon end up back where you started 😏
I don’t feel your looked at in the same way though by others only the people that know you if that makes sense?…

I have got to my almost target weight a few times over the years and had really indulgent foods but still had a self conscious feeling..🤷‍♀️🙄 and like me if you don’t stay in control you can soon end up back where you started 😏
I don’t feel your looked at in the same way though by others only the people that know you if that makes sense?…
I think I agree.

I know I'll always be triggered by my family. You grow up with a taller, effortlessly skinny sister then you'll always be the fat one and the fact they know I struggle and always say "what diet are you on now?" Is so irritating. My sister thinks low carb is really hard to cater for, even though it's really really not!

Still trucking away here. Have more energy this week and yesterday smashed it with a step.workout and 20,000 steps over the day.

Tried the whole "mix a shake packet with egg and baking soda and bake it" thing too and it went quite well, which is good as they put about 8 million toffee caramel shakes in my box and I don't really like them all that much!

This Sunday will be my one month weigh in, so I can judge my progress.

Hope you don’t mind but been reading your dairy, help keep me motivated! I lost a few stones then back up after had my baby in lockdown so back here again.
You’re doing very well.

Hope you don’t mind but been reading your dairy, help keep me motivated! I lost a few stones then back up after had my baby in lockdown so back here again.
You’re doing very well.
Thank you!

Well, woke up feeling fat flabby and tired today..so only one thing to be done. A 30 min step workout! Really enjoyed it and now indulging in a bubble bath before I start work at 11. Noticing an improvement in my fitness so might think about moving up from intermediate to advanced step or increasing to a 45 min intermediate session. Note I only say "thinking" about it.
You know how credit cards report unusual activity in case the card has been lost or stolen? I think my Fitbit might do the same. 5 or so months of having nothing to do other than tell me the time and now I'm actually moving around 🤣

I really need to learn more patience. I'm a bit like that meme that says "I've been dieting for four hours why aren't I skinny yet?!".

I think even though I set a challenging goal of 3 stone in 3 months I secretly thought I'd probably be done in a month or so 😁😁😁.

I’m exactly the same!!! I start diet and want to be thim the next day 😂 hopefully we will be soon and you can defo do 3 stone 3 months, I did it previously in 2018 but back here 😬
Good luck x

Weighed in this morning. 13stone 2lb.
Would have liked more off but then in the 28 days since I've started I've lost 1stone 5lb so that's actually an amazing loss. I've also really noticed an increase in my fitness.
Only need to lose 9lbs this coming month to keep me in track, so I'll keep doing what I'm doing. I'm going away on the 18th June for 2 nights and would really like to be around 12 and a half for that.

In the last few weeks I've also had 2 meals off plan (although carefully low carb) and one day completely munching party food morning, noon and night, so on reflection the scales have been quite kind!

Keep on trucking......

Back