Extra Easy Can I really eat all that ??

Okay so I'm a slimming world newbie and I'm just doing it from home, gathering information from the web and trying to grasp it by myself. I've been following the extra easy plan and just want to ask , can you really eat an unlimited amount of basmati rice, I have always been very conscious of rice and the calories and since finding out it's syn free on sw I've been eating a ton of it, is this okay?? Or should I restrict to small portions, it just seems crazy that I can eat as much of it as I like and it won't result in a gain ! I'd really appreciate if someone got back to me on this x

1/3 of your plate should be a speed food (similar to the old superfree but not exactly like it). You should eat until you're satisfied - not stuffed

Personally if I ate loads of rice/pasta/potato I wouldnt lose.

Also (and this is nowt to do with sw) I think we should eat correct portion sizes - the packets show a good indication of what a portion should be ish

I recently bought a rice cooker and only cook for myself the cup measure that they provide. It is a decent portion although probably less than I'd measure out if I was using a saucepan to cook the rice. I always used to put more in than I needed and then would end up eating a huge plateful! having said that, I ate rice several times last week, one day it was for lunch and dinner and I still lost 2 lbs even on a star week!
I think the guidelines for 'unlimited' rice or pasta are true in that they rely on your body eventually settling out to eating sensible portions once you've got over the initial 'wow, I can eat so much!' I know I am beginning to and I'm only in week three.

Make sure 1/3 of your plate is full of those speed foods but yes! you can have rice and pasta and potatoes and all those things that other diets tell you are the devil :D

My sister, who only has around 2 stone to lose did her first week last week after seeing my results (I have a long way to go!), and all week said 'there's no way I can eat like this and lose weight!' she LOVES her carbs, plates full of rice, (with speed food - dont forget that, its important!!), and she lost 6lb in her first week!! it is possible xxx

your speed foods here are the key.

fill your boots xx

Back