can I split a tetra?

Jessica Rabbit72

Gold Member
Hey everyone - just wondered if I could open a tetra and have half and put the other half in an airtight container and put it back in the fridge to drink 2 hours later?

Its because I am really struggling to get this restart restarted and I know I can split my powder shakes just wondered if I can do it with tetras so at least I can have the diet every 2 hours rather than ending up face down in the biscuit barrel as has happened the last few days!!!!

I planned it last night in bed when I couldnt sleep that if I have half a shake every 2 hours at 8 10 12 2 4 and 6 and then a cup of hot water/ tea every 2 hours on the odd hours then I would be all done and dusted by 6 and hopefully resisit the temptation of eating.

In other news Julie is still going strong and may come on here to announce her weight loss will txt her after to see if she will come on or I can spill the beans.........
xxx

Last edited:
Hi Jess,

Not really - Once opened it will start losing vitamins and should be drunk within 15 minutes (according to my CDC). I guess if it's a 4th pack (if on SS+) it's OK as you have already had the minimum of 3 packs worth of nutrition, but otherwise it's best to stick to splitting powders and bars...

HTH!

Hi Jess, The 15 minute rule is for powder packs but you should be ok with ready made shakes, probably some kind of preservative in it i should think.
I always used to keep half of my tetra and have it later on in the day topped up with hot water...all fine!

x

Back