can I stuff my face!!??

jubob1

I have a quick question. I know on slimming world there are free foods...but, can I stuff my face on these? I'm struggling a bit today ...second day of no smoking and totm! Put together is not a great combination :(

Hoping that someone will confirm this but I think you can have as much free food as you want but they advise to have superfree food as first option.
X

Which is the lesser of two evils - stuffing your face with free and superfree, or stuffing your face with syn laden stuff and filling yourself up with the accompanying guilt and self -esteem erosion that goes with it? Which option is likely to damage your weight loss?

Seriously, if you have an unquenchable hunger, it's not like this is every day, you are making a lot of changes all at once, I say "Fill your boots on the free!".

Thanx everyone. Yeah I've just been picking at fruit all day especially mangos! I haven't had any syns yet and no bad stuff..just fruit. I might have a big boiled egg salad for nibbles tonight too. I love sw!! Lol x

The whole idea of slimming world is not to feel hungry at all, snack as much as u want to on superfree (1st choice) and free foods (2nd choice) and use yr syns, they actually help u lose weight.
I find boiled eggs fill me up, so a boiled egg salad is the norm for me,
Another thing I do is stop for a minute and listen to my body.......am I actually hungry ? Or am I thirsty?? Or am I really none of them , I'm just bored... In which case I take myself away from food and either walk the dog or paint my nails
Painting nails is a good distraction as u have to also wait for them to dry properly! Lol
I've lost nearly 2 stone so far in about 10 wks, and sometimes the munchie devil gets a real grip of me and I want to stuff my face with everything naughty.... It is a real struggle, but then nothing worth doing is ever easy , is it??
Gosh this is the longest post I've ever written! Lol
Guess I just know what yr feeling.... Good luck, don't let those munchie demons win! X

hartleyhare123 said:
The whole idea of slimming world is not to feel hungry at all, snack as much as u want to on superfree (1st choice) and free foods (2nd choice) and use yr syns, they actually help u lose weight.
I find boiled eggs fill me up, so a boiled egg salad is the norm for me,
Another thing I do is stop for a minute and listen to my body.......am I actually hungry ? Or am I thirsty?? Or am I really none of them , I'm just bored... In which case I take myself away from food and either walk the dog or paint my nails
Painting nails is a good distraction as u have to also wait for them to dry properly! Lol
I've lost nearly 2 stone so far in about 10 wks, and sometimes the munchie devil gets a real grip of me and I want to stuff my face with everything naughty.... It is a real struggle, but then nothing worth doing is ever easy , is it??
Gosh this is the longest post I've ever written! Lol
Guess I just know what yr feeling.... Good luck, don't let those munchie demons win! X

Well done on your weight loss hun. 2 st I can't wait until I can say that! Thanx for your reply. Very motivating. X

I stuff my face with superfree everyday, make a big bowl of apples, bananas, pineapple, pears, melon and eat all of it whenever I wanna snack between meals

I eat Alot of superfree im a big portions girl just make sure you only eat til full

As someone who has spent the past week binge eating due to PMT & generally feeling rubbish about myself I wish I'd just gone for free stuff now. I have tried for a few days to get back on track but failed miserably, just done myself a cooked breakfast & I'm hoping today is the day I finally get back on track.

I agree with everything here. I always go for fruit first, then yogurts and then a boiled egg if I'm still hungry. If you really fill up on fruit and make sure you are drinking plenty of water, I find you rarely need to start snacking on free foods.

I am inexplicably hungry today and craving things I don't normally crave. Have had my porridge and banana this morning but then was about to raid the crisp drawer so had a mug shot instead, then about to have something sweet and ate a whole melon! I know it's better than crisps and sweets but blimey!!! It was all eaten by 11am!!

peacelily said:
I am inexplicably hungry today and craving things I don't normally crave. Have had my porridge and banana this morning but then was about to raid the crisp drawer so had a mug shot instead, then about to have something sweet and ate a whole melon! I know it's better than crisps and sweets but blimey!!! It was all eaten by 11am!!

Ive eaten all the food i took to work for my meals so have nothing to eat til 7 when i get home as i ate all my snacks .... At least the snacks i scoffed this morning were all superfree

cat yoyo greaves said:
Ive eaten all the food i took to work for my meals so have nothing to eat til 7 when i get home as i ate all my snacks .... At least the snacks i scoffed this morning were all superfree

Oh heck. Not just me then. I have my brother staying till tomorrow (arrived yesterday). He's been driving me nuts so prob emotional eating and glad I've had free stuff but annoys me when I have this gaping hole in my appetite that demands filling. Good luck with the rest of your day. We'll have to keep busy to keep our minds off food :)

jubob1 said:
I have a quick question. I know on slimming world there are free foods...but, can I stuff my face on these? I'm struggling a bit today ...second day of no smoking and totm! Put together is not a great combination :(

Well done on quitting smoking too! I decided this year I was going to stop smoking and lose weight! I have lost 17lb and haven't smoked since feb! The two together can be tough but you can do it ;-) x

Sculls said:
Well done on quitting smoking too! I decided this year I was going to stop smoking and lose weight! I have lost 17lb and haven't smoked since feb! The two together can be tough but you can do it ;-) x

Thanx hun. I'm really Chuffed about giving up smoking...it's something I've wanted to do for a long time. I'm really up set with myself though because all of my good intentions where my diet is concerned have gone to pot and all I have done for the last two days is stuff my face with peanut m&ms and many other naughties. I feel like a big fat heffer and I can't believe I have sabotaged myself after doing so well earlier in the week...I'm disgusted in myself!!!

Oh don't be too hard on yourself mate! You have made the decision to do it and you will but sometimes you will steer off course, just make sure you get back on! I had four days of eating STUPID amounts of crap last week! First time I have done that in months and I was so sad and annoyed! But you can't take it back so shake yourself down and get your determination back ;-) exercise tends to get me back on track as I won't let exercise be wasted by naughties!
I quit smoking by reading Allan Carr 'the easy way to quit smoking' I really recommend it! You are over the hardest part now lady! You are a non smoker :) x

Thanx Sculls your post has really picked me up...I am actually a non smoker and that is worth celebrating on its own. I am going to start a fresh tomorrow with the diet. Your advice about exercise is also noted..out comes Davina once again. Thanx again. X

Ha ha! But they are super slimming! I love melon but I don't think I could eat a whole one! lol

Quitting is tough and you've done it, which is amazing! I quit smoking a couple of years ago using nicorette but ended up dependent the nicorette lozenges which I finally quit four weeks ago. It's not the same thing as properly quitting but it's still getting nicotine out of your system and the thing that helped me the most was sugar free sweets. The Sula sweets from Holland and Barrett are mostly 0.5 syns for two so not diet breaking and were amazing for moments of weakness when I couldn't just stuff myself on free and superfree. I had a little gain but nothing I didn't get rid of the next week and tbh the gain was as much to do with * week and stress as it was to do with giving up nicorette. You've done so well to get this far so keep going and be proud of what you have achieved. X

Back