Can I substitute other yoghurts for Muller Light?

Pootler

I'm doing the plan in Holland and that means that I can't get LOADS of the branded products that are in the SW books. It's mostly good because I'm forced to eat fresh food rather than processed. ;)

I was wondering though, I see Muller Lights mentioned loads on these boards, in recipes and as snacks. I can't get them here. :sigh: I can get vanilla/peach/strawberry/lemon/orange fat free sugar free yoghurt, AND the same varieties of FF SF quark. REALLY yummy they are too. :) They are 35 and 40 cals per 100g respectively. Can I use those instead of Mullers do you think?

i think if they r fat free they should be fine xx

not all fat free yoghurts are syn free though. I suspect these will be because they are also sugar free but your best bet is to post the nutritional information in the syn-values forum and someone will work out the syns for you.

My consultant gave a good tip the other day about yoghurts. She suggested if you weren't sure if a yoghurt was free or not when you're in the shop, check the fat content against a muller light (as most shops have those). If there's less fat per 100g than the muller light then you should be safe in assuming it's syn free.

Sorry but I would disagree with your consultant on this one because as we know, yoghurts can be fat free but still have syns. Nom yoghuts being a case in point. These are fat free but come in at 1.5 to 2 syns each because they have added sugar.

Just more proof that my consultant isn't very good- even when she does make suggestions they're wrong!!

Back to Pootler's question - perhaps you could enter the nutritional info into the syns calculator thing or get some kind person here to do it for you. Might be a couple of syns at worse, but best to know if you are going to eat them regularly.

Jennyonaplate said:
My consultant gave a good tip the other day about yoghurts. She suggested if you weren't sure if a yoghurt was free or not when you're in the shop, check the fat content against a muller light (as most shops have those). If there's less fat per 100g than the muller light then you should be safe in assuming it's syn free.

Disagree with this also, doesn't work like that as it is to do with carb and protein content also.

Best and most accurate way Is to check the nutritional value on the free food syn calculator selecting yoghurt as your free food.

obviously to know for sure you need them put through tha syn calculator, but you also say they are SUGAR free as well as FAT free, so you maybe ok. I cant afford Mullers and eat Tescos low fat ones, i eat them as free( only 1 at most and not every day), but they are 1.5/2 syns each. but it works ok for me.

Beware if you're a veggie, Muller Lights contain gelatine.

Hi Liv82 - I've seen that list. Thanks. :) Trouble is that I can't get ANY of those yoghurts here. :-/

Could some very kind soul please put this through the syns calculator and tell me if they are free?

Optimel Raspberry Yoghurt

Per 100g
Calories: 40
Protein: 3.4g
Carbs: 5.7g
Fat: none
Fibre: 1.3g

Optimel Peach Quark

Per 100g
Calories: 40
Protein: 5.7g
Carbs: 4.6g