Can orlistat be prescribed to under 18s?

HulaHoop-xx

does anyone know if orlistat can be prescribed to a 17 year old who's BMI is over 30? Please let me know it's desperate :( xxx

I'm afraid not, it's not supposed to be suitable for under 18s. As I think I said to you on another thread, I would definitely go and see your doctor, as I'm not sure what sort of weight loss measures are recommended for under 18s, so it's best to get proper advice. Good luck. :) xx

Ok, no worries.
I'll give it a try on my own this week then if I still feel it's not working will have to go doctors :-( thanks sweet x

As I said before, I'm hesitant to advise you in terms of calories etc., as I would normally do, because of your age. I can only say what I do to my 13 year old who struggles with her weight - just eat less naughty stuff, keep out of McDonald's, KFC etc, and eat as healthily as possible, whilst also getting some exercise (my daughter, of course, completely ignores me, lol). But please don't do any sort of extreme diet, the effects on your health just aren't worth it. :) xx

Back