can someone help me with my head

fragglerock64

Silver Member
Morning everyone

I need some help getting to grips with the fact that I am 3st 2lb lighter the scales show this my clothes reflect this

so why do I still see myself at 17st a good friend asked me last nighthow much i now weighed so told 13st12lb sh said OMG you are only 2lb heavy than me but i cant see it I hope someone out there understands what i mean

any help would be really appreciated

thanks guys
xx

Firstly well done! Secondly, yes I know exactly what you mean. I still struggle with the idea but slowly I am getting used to it.. all I can say is give yourself time, your head will catch up!

xx

cheers Pogeous I must say ypu look absolutely amazing, I have followed your threads through my journey and your comments have really helped me especially when I have been struggling

thanks again
x

Thank you! Keep doing what you are doing hun and you'll soon be lighter than that friend of yours.... now that really messes with your head!!

xx

I think this problem is common to the majority of us who have a lot of weight to lose and like Georgie says it takes time for the head to catch up!

This is why side by side photos of your ongoing weight loss are essential as it is easier to see it in photos like this than in the mirror in front of you.

Seeing yourself slimmer is I think must be something like when blind people get their sight back it takes them some time to adjust to identifying objects around them and knowing what they are.

Losing weight is one side of the equation and dealing with the head stuff is the other and both of them need to be worked on over time.

Love Mini xxx

thanks mini i think im brave enough to look at some side by side photos but its scarey i dont know why

xx

Hi hun, you have been doing really well, so just keep at it. With regards to your mental image of yourself I have experienced this, but gradually as you get nearer to your final goal your head does adjust to it. I think it is a common issue but perhaps the speed of a VLCD can make it a bit more of a sudden adjustment.

I do agree with mini that pictures can help because it allows you to assess your progress from more of a distance and a bit more objectively if that makes sense. The main thing is to work through your head stuff but without letting it distract you from your reaching your goal.

Just don't forget how well you are doing x

Hey, I definitely can relate to this, when I lost my weight, I went to buy myself a pair of small jeans, I went into the changing room and I had visions that I wouldnt be able to get them over my knee. I tried on several pairs and everytime I went to put them on, I felt scared that I would not be able to get them on me! Weird.

I still sometimes pick up my small clothes and think, Im not going to fit into that, then I slip into them and go, phew! I do!! lol

You are doing really well and its a great feeling being slim! Just takes a while for it to really sink in!

Good Luck to you babe! :)

Hi hun, yes I am exactly the same I now weigh less than one of my friends but I still feel 'big' next to her even though we are in the same size clothes very weird!!!!

thanks guys the support on here is immense cant wait for my head to catch up with the rest of me

thanks again everyone

Sharron xx

It's really weird, I put my hands on my stomach in bed every morning, expecting it to be like a football.. it isn't. :rolleyes:

i think we all should do a side by side photo of ourselves!!! i always look in the mirror and feel as tho I cannot see a difference but today we took pictures coz of eid and when i uploaded them onto my laptop and compared myself to what i looked like last eid I felt like as if i was looking at a new person. even tho so far i have lost almost 2stones (which doesnt show alot on my body) i could actually see that i have CHEEKBONES! and i have a CHIN as well.. lol.. just one now, i used to have 2!! im gonna print those photos and just stick them on my wall next to my big tracker and try and do a BIG to SMALL thing with my photos!... hehe.. if i am brave enough i'll show you all one day xxx

The head thing is a ***** to get over isn't it.

I had to get some clothes for a funeral last week....... had time to try on trousers and took 1 pair size 12 and 2 pairs of size 14's in to try on.

The 14's were loose, and the 12 although snug, did fit!:D

Then i thought argggh I need a jumper or cardi.......... no time left to try anything else on so grabbed a size 14 belted jumper.:rolleyes:

Good job it had a belt! Far too big! Baggy on the arms, hangs loose on the hips. :)

It's just hard to go grab something off the rails thats the size your body is, but not the size your head thinks you are.

Thinking hypnotism??? :8855::eek:

Back